New Product Announcement! MFC-EDIT

Hi Mike;
Please go to the EXTRAS page, click on the View Error Log button and copy-paste the text to me along with the other information requested at the bottom of the window. You could also attach your sysex file for me to look at - that might expedite debugging your issue.

Thanks
-Gary

Hi Gary,

Error is :
Thu Jun 05 21:25:06 BST 2014: FATAL: eox=0x0, BulkDumpStart Opcode=0x10 - Expected 0x75
Thu Jun 05 21:25:06 BST 2014:
Thu Jun 05 21:25:07 BST 2014: Catastrophic! Error getting BulkDumpStart message.

MFC-101 Model = MK1
MFC Firmware = 3.03
O/S = Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
MFC-Edit = Version 1.3 Build #1,066

Many thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike;
It appears that your file is corrupt right at the first MIDI message position. Most likely you have a transmission error of some kind. Please email me your sysex file and I'll take a look at it. There's lots of help on this forum regarding transmission problems you might be having, but send me your file anyway and I'll see if I can shed any light on what might have happened.
-Gary

-- UPDATE: The email address to send the sysex dump to is "support@mfc-edit.com"

Last edited:
A couple of things to check for because I ran into issues with both MFC Edit and F-Edit when doing dumps from the MFC101.

First is make sure that you are running the latest version of FractalBot.

Second is that the file size of the dump should be around 67kB in size. If it's like double that then it is definitely corrupted during transmission.

And third is that you have to use MIDI cables and to be really frickin' blunt here I have never had success using the MIDI ports on the AxeFXII as the USB adapter for sysex transfers with any device and that includes the MFC101 which is probably the only negative I can say about the AxeFXII. It's pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I actually bought an old m-Audio MIDISport 2x2 a couple of years ago for use with a Mackie MCU and I have a spare set of ports. Hook up the MFC101 to it and it works flawlessly every single time.

The dump is around 291k. Done with the latest released versions of Fractal Bot at the time. I've just tried one from version 2.17 dump and also 2.18 and they are 138K each and can be read.

I've now done three successive MIDI dumps using MIDI cables I get files of varying size from 138K to 413K. All done via the same method. Tried to open the smallest one I can generate now and I get a different error. I'll email the dump to Gary.

Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: Firmware ver: 3.3, Model: MK-I/II
Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: Catastrophic! No EOX marker at end of ConfigBase message!

Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: This file was corrupted during transfer from the MFC-101.
Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: Catastrophic error! Bad EOX on BulkDump message - Out Of Sync
Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: c 7 f7 f0 0 1 74 2 6e 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: Failed read of ConfigPedals header.
Fri Jun 06 09:56:18 BST 2014: MFC_Edit: File contents invalid!

All MFC-101 owners - if you're undecided about purchasing an editor for your MFC-101 I just wanted to give you fair warning that there's only two weeks left of the introductory offer to purchase MFC-Edit at a substantial discount. If you haven't checked it out yet this would be a good time so that if you do decide to buy a copy you can get the discount. If you miss the deadline you can still purchase it at full price.

Go to www.mfc-edit.com to download it now for free and give it a try.

Thanks,
-G

Thanks Gamechanger! And thanks for your help with the guitar also. I sent you a private message to confirm you received your license key. The last keys that I sent out yesterday were around 10:26pm. Please let me know if you didn't received it and I'll resend.
-Gary

Thanks Gamechanger! And thanks for your help with the guitar also. I sent you a private message to confirm you received your license key. The last keys that I sent out yesterday were around 10:26pm. Please let me know if you didn't received it and I'll resend.
-Gary

Any time ! and I got my key. Great program.

Downloaded MFC-Edit, installed Java...it opens fine and looks very cool. However it's not reading my MFC dump file. I'm assuming this is because I'm on 3.05 and the last update for the app seems to be for 3.03.

Do you know if an update for 3.05 is coming in the near future? I'd love to give this app a try. Looks like it could be very helpful.

Hi Seattle_Ray;
3.05 should open just fine. It's most likely that your sysex capture didn't work quite right. Here's what we can do though, I have a new version, 1.4 releasing on July first - here's a link to the Beta for Windows: http://www.mrlinux.org/mfc-setup-1.4.exe and the Beta for MAC: http://www.mrlinux.org/MFC-Edit-installer-1.4.pkg

I doubt that you'll have more success, but version 1.4 has better diagnostics. Install 1.4, try to load your file and then go to the EXTRAS page, click on "View Error Log" and copy-paste the contents into an email and send them to "support@mfc-edit.com" and attach your sysex dump file and I'll take a look at it for you.

And thanks for the compliment :)

-Gary

MFC-Edit - VERSION 1.4 IS HERE! July 1st, 2014
I'm proud to release MFC-Edit 1.4 today. This new version is FREE to existing MFC-Edit owners so please jump over to the web site www.mfc-edit.com and download the new version.

Version 1.4 contains many user interface cleanups, some bug fixes, robust support for the 3.05 MFC-101 firmware upgrade, around 10 new features, updated Owner's Manual, improved diagnostics for those having trouble capturing their SysEx dumps and many more improvements.

Perhaps most notable is the addition of the “Nuggets” - a sort of combination of Context-Sensitive help and Tips & Tricks. Almost everywhere in the new 1.4 version of MFC-Edit you can right-click your mouse and get a Nugget popup with information specific to the button/list/input-field/whatever that you clicked on. Some screens have popup-menus when you right-click allowing sorting, insertion, deletion etc.

I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THE EARLY ADOPTERS OF MFC-Edit – it's success has been stellar, all thanks to you! I look forward to continuing improvement and making it even better as time passes.

As always, please feel free to drop me a note with likes, dislikes and wish-list items. Rather than clutter up the Fractal Forum send the emails to support@mfc-edit.com - I'm a one-man-band so I'll definitely see it myself :)

Thanks!
-Gary

Adding link to screenshot: MFC-Edit Nugget screenshot

Last edited:
Build #1152 uploaded to www.mfc-edit.com web site Jyly 9th.
This build fixes bugs with the SONG names and the INT.CC names as well as adding a bunch of features to the SETS page popup-menu. If you use the SONGS features or the INT. CC features of MFC-Edit you really must download and install this build. I would recommend that everyone install this latest build because of the new features and bug fixes. You can read the Releasenotes on the web site before downloading the update if you wish.
-G

System Support Update!

Some of the community have tested MFC-Edit on additional systems over the last 60 days since its initial release. We have found two important things I didn't know at release time:

• Mac OS 10.6.8 - Java 1.7 (aka Java 7) from Oracle Corp. is not supported on MAC OS versions before 10.7 and you can therefore not run MFC-Edit on MAC OS 10.6.8. I don't know if OpenJDK 1.7 will run on MAC OS 10.6.8 - anybody have additional information on this?
  • Windows XP sp2 - Java 1.7 does install and run and therefore MFC-Edit does install and run correctly.

If you have one of the operating systems you should consider upgrading because of fixed security issues and other factors.
-G

I don't know why Fractal doesn't have an MFC Edit program?

I appreciate peoples hard work creating programs like these, but this should come from Fractal IMHO.

I can't believe Fractal haven't created this themselves. My Gordius Smokes the MFC in so many ways and it has always had a dedicated editor program.

Symantec/Norton has updates and have white-listed MFC-Edit so if you have the latest anti-virus update from them and it still does it then you should report it to them. Or do you have some other anti-virus program?

From Symantec's email to me of July 5th, 2014:

We are writing in relation to your application through Symantec's on-line Software White-listing Request form for your software MFC-Edit.
Symantec has decided to add this software to its white-list.
The white-list is used in internal quality assurance processes and also by the cloud for some products.
This inclusion should reduce the possibility of false positive detections by Symantec products, but Symantec cannot guarantee that false positives will not occur.
In the event of continued reports of false positives, please notify us through Symantec's on-line Security Risk/False Positive Dispute Submission form available at: https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/.

Watch for it ... Version 1.5 of MFC-Edit out this week. Lots of way cool stuff in this new release .... :)

Back
Top Bottom