New Product Announcement! MFC-EDIT

This product looks great. I've been really getting into customizing my MFC lately and this should really make the process go a lot faster and smoother.

Just purchased MFC-EDIT! Getting a head start! :mrgreen

Edited: Got the authorize EMAIL ASAP!

Thanks again for the excellent work...

Last edited:
Would you rather be playing music than pressing twenty and thirty steel foot-switches for each MFC-101 setting?!!?

We thought you might!!

MFC-Edit ver. 1.2 can have you playing more and programming less while getting you the best results possible from your MFC-101 Mk I, Mk II, and Mk III controller and its even ready to support the new Axe-FX XL out of the box.

Too good be true? Read just a bit more - it gets even better!!

MFC-Edit vers 1.2. is a robust, fast, user-friendly editor for the MFC-101 MIDI controller from Fractal Audio Systems. It works on your Windows, Mac and Linux computer. This no-holds-barred editor is the friendliest way to manage the settings and configurations of your MFC-101. See what all your settings are, in one place, at the same time, and see how those settings affect your Axe-FX Standard, Ultra, FX II and FX XL, even before storing them into your controller.*

MFC-Edit is created with the demanding musician in mind – have MFC-Edit ver 1.2 program your gear for you so that you can get back to performing! The incredibly capable MFC-101 can command all manner of MIDI equipment – MFC-Edit makes it easy to do just that, and to change and reconfigure it on a whim. Take the time, complexity and ardour out of managing your MIDI gear!

Now, try to beat this offer:

For a Free Trial click here: MFC-Edit vers 1.2

That’s right, it is really FREE, no email address, no cookies, no activation key, FREE!!!

We are so confident in this program that you will want, maybe even need a copy once you try it. You will become not only a customer, but a fan too.

MFC-Edit was written by a performing musician for performing musicians. If you perform live with the MFC-101 and the Axe-FX you deserve to use all features and power you have already paid for. You owe it to yourself to try the MFC-Edit program for free and see just how easy it really is to command all that power.

Down load it now!

MFC-Edit vers 1.2

Happy Axe-ing!

Works now. Java didn't install properly

Thanks

MM

Last edited:
Can't seem to find an email address for contacting the author of MFC-Edit.
I created a sysex dump with FW 3.03 using FractalBot and the windows version of MFC-Edit says it's a corrupted file?
I have earlier versions that can be read correctly. So is 3.03 not currently supported?

Looks like a bug in Fractalbot - if I create the MFC-101 dump with MidiOx it's ok and has a size of 138Kb. The ones created by Fractalbot are 116 and 132Kb. Seems to miss some information?

I think I like the 'wizards' most. back in the day, getting the tuner etc. to work with my old Pro was a bit of voodoo. Now I get 90% of what I want using some of his automatic shit. Then I tweak. I also like the DEPTH of the editor - every parameter. It's daunting for sure. And (as many have said before me) the documentation, such as it is, is written by Jeff, a guy who knows the thing backwards and forwards, rather than a tech writer who knows nothing and has to learn it. So the documentation blows, and that's not great for such a complex device. But a lot of the auto-setup, auto-sync features in the editor itself REALLY speed up implementation...
Thanks for the insight funny_polymath. I've been mulling over an emulator/simulator also, for both the MFC-101 and the Axe-FX but that's a fair amount of work and I want to see if I can at least recover my cost of development. A simulator would be a fun project to do - though my wife might kill me :). If you don't mind my asking, what are the features that you like most about your LF editor? Although I originally wrote MFC-Edit for my own use future development and features will be driven by what others need or want so I'd be grateful for any thoughts or input.
-Thanks-

I've followed all the instructions in the YouTube video but my dump file is only 67kb and won't open in MFC-Edit. Any ideas anyone?

I had to re import my dump file.

What I am stuck on is where do I find my imported FX II name presets file? I don't even see this one... And MFC-Edit needs it...

Will this help setup button switching for scenes.
I want bottom 5 buttons for presets, middle 5 for scenes, and top 5 for fx switching stomp box style.
Will this make doing that easy?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Will this help setup button switching for scenes.
I want bottom 5 buttons for presets, middle 5 for scenes, and top 5 for fx switching stomp box style.
Will this make doing that easy?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yup. Just tested it, took 2 minutes plus download/upload time to set up and I'm slow.

Tried downloading this several times on my MacBook Air. Downloads ok but then App will not launch. Any ideas?

I think there are a few things that we can try to determine what's going on. I am still refining the Mac installer because I've discovered that different versions of java are installed in different places. Particularly when there are multiple versions of Java installed, some as JDK (development kit), JRE (runtime environment) or Plugins. The MFC-Edit launcher can sometimes mistakenly launch with the wrong version of Java and then fail.

SOLUTION:
Please try the following things and let me know your results:

1. I have the launcher set up so that if the launch fails it will drop an icon onto your desktop. The Icon will look like a coffee cup and will be called "MFC-Edit". Double-click that icon and the program should launch. If it does not launch, go to step #2 below.

2. Open a "Terminal" window from your Applications->Utilities folder. Copy and paste this command into the window:

sh -x /Applications/MFC-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Copy the output of that command and paste it into an email and send it to me.

Again, I'm really sorry its being difficult for you, but we'll figure it out. It's a known "bug" and it will be fixed very quickly.

Thanks
-Gary

Downloaded the latest v1.3 today and can't open any dump file. Invalid file contents. Doesn't recognise the format. Dump created with Fractal Bot (latest version). MFC-101 is the original version.

Hi Mike;
Please go to the EXTRAS page, click on the View Error Log button and copy-paste the text to me along with the other information requested at the bottom of the window. You could also attach your sysex file for me to look at - that might expedite debugging your issue.

Thanks
-Gary

Thanks a ton for the feedback funny_polymath. The next major release is going to have some awesome features that make it easier to use and the equipment (MFC-101) less confusing. And I agree - I think that Wizards are a great idea and timesaver.
-Gary

I think I like the 'wizards' most. back in the day, getting the tuner etc. to work with my old Pro was a bit of voodoo. Now I get 90% of what I want using some of his automatic shit. Then I tweak. I also like the DEPTH of the editor - every parameter. It's daunting for sure. And (as many have said before me) the documentation, such as it is, is written by Jeff, a guy who knows the thing backwards and forwards, rather than a tech writer who knows nothing and has to learn it. So the documentation blows, and that's not great for such a complex device. But a lot of the auto-setup, auto-sync features in the editor itself REALLY speed up implementation...

Back
Top Bottom