New Looper feature preview: Attaching modifiers to Play control

AdamCook

Power User
Hi All,
I added an enhancement to the Looper that allows you to attach a modifier to the Play control.

I was having a lot of fun with it so I recorded a quick preview demo. I'm sure you guys will come up with many more creative and musical ways to use this.

-Adam

Cool thing that it was in time and didn't go off even though there was randomness going on. I can see people using this in Dubstep stuff. It reminds me of a more sophisticated way to do the Les Paul switch on and off thing, in a crazy more syncopated way.

nice! now please add modifier control to all the other functions as well!

i'll be your best friend forever...promise :)

the ability to "sample" sections of audio and change their rate and direction via modifiers would be amazing. it's on my effects wishlist to be able to use the looper as an effect....not just as a conventional looper....

the ability to "sample" sections of audio and change their rate and direction via modifiers would be amazing. it's on my effects wishlist to be able to use the looper as an effect....not just as a conventional looper....

+1

I love looping and these changes would really create some awesome new abilities. Please consider adding it.

My one friend recently asked me to justify spending so much money on a single unit (I live in S.A. and with import costs etc it was quite a chunk) and then I started counting up all the FX pedals he actually wanted to buy (some synth ones, looper, EHX pedals etc) and told him that the Axe-can-do-it. This extra looper functionality just proves again to me that you can't beat this unit anywhere.

Cheers.

Cool thing that it was in time and didn't go off even though there was randomness going on. I can see people using this in Dubstep stuff. It reminds me of a more sophisticated way to do the Les Paul switch on and off thing, in a crazy more syncopated way.

It will "stutter" in time as long as the LFO Rate is tied to Tempo and the Loop you play is also in sync with Tempo. Same thing for Sequencer rate.

I'll upload some examples presets once Cliff integrates this into a released firmware.

Wow this is awesome. Reminds me of Skinny Puppy and other bands that used to use the Ensoniq ASR-10 keyboard back in the day to change the sample loop points in real-time w/ controller mod wheels.

adam - can you add external modifiers as well as internal?

you could do some awesome real time stutter fx if you recorded a short loop of one guitar chord and then tied an external to the run param of an 16th note lfo which is tied to play in the looper

Sounds interesting but how do we know that you didn't record that to a CD and put a big gouge in it to get it to skip :lol?

Just got modifier control of Half-Speed and Reverse working. Lots of fun to be had with those!

Overdub I think should be feasible as well.

Record wouldn't work just because the internal state machine is too complex.

excited about half speed, reverse and overdub, but without record, we'll still have to manually punch in and out to create the loop, yes?

Just got modifier control of Half-Speed and Reverse working. Lots of fun to be had with those!

Overdub I think should be feasible as well.

Record wouldn't work just because the internal state machine is too complex.
OK!
I was wondering what is the status of the record and overdub functionalities with your new feature.
I guess it's pretty much complicate..

Back
Top Bottom