New Friedman 500w powered full range cabinet for Axe Fx , kemper etc ...

Dave says "they are warm on the top end" & "they have a real knock to them".

So in keeping with his Hairy Brown Eye, Pink Taco & Dirty Shirley amp names..........he should call these cabs the "Warm Knockers"!

I'm so looking forward to grabbing me a pair of Warm Knockers!!! lol

or even grabbing a pair of cold knockers with pointy dust caps

.... I don't know how flat or accurate they are but they sound good...

Hmm.. I would think you could graph out how flat and accurate they are via an IR capture with an AFX.
But then I begin to wonder how you would do it when the cabinet has two speakers.
It seems when I see people doing IR captures, they put the microphone right up close to the speaker.

1. How would you do that with a multi-speaker cabinet?
2. I never put my ears up that close to the speakers, why do we put the microphones up there? What happens if an IR capture is done at listen height?

Looks very similar to this (apart from the grill obviously). Maybe using the same amp block in the rear?

ACTPRO-12M

Id say looking at the cab and amp its clearly being built by the same manufacturer as the ACTPRO 12M.

Suppose it makes sense to out source the manufacturing, but looks like your paying and extra couple of hundreds bucks for the Friedman badges and a cloth grill. If they sound good Im sure plenty of people will pony up the extra cash for the badge.
Its just a matter of time before someone opens one up to compare the internals and drivers.......Im guessing they'll be the same.

man that looks exactly like the same cab from B-52 with a Friedman badge on it.
that would be extremely disappointing

Well......poop. That's too similar for me to think it's coincidence.

I am a little surprised that, after researching, I apparently underestimated the B-52 brand. I just assumed they were some offshoot of Harbinger but they are apparently USA made and the higher price tag kinda caught me off guard. Now that I think about it, maybe I just have a bad taste in my mouth from my youth when I'd buy these cheapskate B-52 power amplifiers for my car stereo system. They always caught fire or burned out within a week :lol

i'd be shocked if someone with such boutique brand would just rebrand a B52 speaker....

Dave doesn't have manufacturing capacity; he doesn't build Friedman amps. George Metropoulos subcontracts them, as he does for several other boutique brands. It would make sense that these would be subbed somewhere too.

Based on the photos, the amp section is certainly the same general package but that doesn't necessarily mean that everthing is identical internally (although neither does it mean that it isn't).

My guess is that it's the same plate amp and probably the same cabinet. I'm pretty sure I was told the drivers are Celestions. The drivers are the most important part of any speaker design.

Back
Top Bottom