New Friedman 500w powered full range cabinet for Axe Fx , kemper etc ...

I was more astounded by the addition of guitars to their line.

My limited knowledge of acoustics and wood tells me that the cab would be kinda like having a mid cut on a full range speaker.

He say: "great PA cabinet"... so i think no "mid cut"... and ... I mean... he knows what is talking about! :encouragement:

I was more astounded by the addition of guitars to their line.

My limited knowledge of acoustics and wood tells me that the cab would be kinda like having a mid cut on a full range speaker.

Might be s good idea to read the link before you make ill informed statements like that!
Dave clearly says "Should be available any day now. 500 watts celestial drivers. Punchy and not to bright like some full range cabs. They have a real Knock to them like a guitar cab would."

He say: "great PA cabinet"... so i think no "mid cut"... and ... I mean... he knows what is talking about! :encouragement:

Hahahaha birch naturally accentuates lows and highs so yes the enclosure would create a natural sort of sounding mid cut essentially seeing as the speakers would be full range. This didn't in any way imply they couldn't be great.

Might be s good idea to read the link before you make ill informed statements like that!
Dave clearly says "Should be available any day now. 500 watts celestial drivers. Punchy and not to bright like some full range cabs. They have a real Knock to them like a guitar cab would."

No ill informed statements were made on my part, but on your side however...

So people understand even further...when he states it has "punch/thump and attack" that is the accentuated lows and highs from the all birch construction.

He even states "it's all birch made cabinets, which actually lends itself to the punch." Let me translate that for you: It's all birch made cabinets, which allows for an extra defined low end.

The construction WILL mean some less mids but seeing as it is a monitor this would probably be welcomed by a lot of people.

Birch is chosen as the main wood for construction in most guitar cabinets especially today because it stretches the range of the limited scope frequency on regular guitar speakers. It was chosen here to give more life to the cab, increasing the thump and attack to what's available in full range cabs so that your monitor doesn't sound dull.

As a live monitor it should sound great, but it might also mean you need to pay extra careful attention to the Fletcher and Munson duo when really cranking it.

The end result would depend of the speakers used.

I'm very interested. Something made by a amp builder, would probably dealize guitar. Flat it good, but i want guitartones in the best possible way. So whatever it does as long as the guitartones sound good. Ideal to me at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom