New Fractal product coming!!

my guess is also on a smaller more limited device, like the pod express or helix one. It would bring the fractal sims out to more ppl at a lower pricepoint. But also uncertain how small they could be made without too much sacrifice of sound quality, as cooling might be an issue?

my guess would be a small (double)pedal style unit to which you can load maybe two to three presets with alle the scenes, three buttons and a small display for 149$.

As i understand it it is always fractals approach to deliver the best quality possible. That's why they chose the dsp and chips and stuff that they are using. The FM3 has the smallest possible size due to cooling necessarities. Everything smaller would then require using different chips, this would lead to the need of different code. IMO this would foil the actual lineup. I think it must be something that is relatively easy to port the firmware to. But idk.

As i understand it it is always fractals approach to deliver the best quality possible. That's why they chose the dsp and chips and stuff that they are using. The FM3 has the smallest possible size due to cooling necessarities. Everything smaller would then require using different chips, this would lead to the need of different code. IMO this would foil the actual lineup. I think it must be something that is relatively easy to port the firmware to. But idk.
From my understanding, the FM3's form factor is because it uses the same chassis shape as the FC-6, as the FM9 does with the FC-12. IIRC, it cuts down on material costs, tooling, or some combination of both.

Cab modelling hardware?

Out of the blue shots/wishes.

Fractal guitar w/ electronics integrated with the current line.

An actual Fractal Bot? (Plushie is an acceptable minimum)

Fractal headphones… idk

speaker impedance measurement thing that I read a long while ago

this is my dream all in one fractal rig.

13 switches (spacing is ok I have no problem with airstep that have 5 switches and has the length of the fm3)
Exp pedal : wha/vol with a switch.
Wireless
Bluetooth midi for official iPad app and third party app like forscore (just select a sheet and everything you need is engaged. preset/scene/effects etc)
Wider screen (no touchscreen thanks)

plug 2 xlr and you good to go. no further need for huge pedalboard.

sorry for the absolute potato sketch here :mask:

fm13.jpg

If it’s not a replacement for any current device… I’m outta ideas. I’d love a simple fixed-grid thing like the boss GT units; pick from like 5 amps (all FAS) then delay, reverb, wah, mod, all controlled by physical knobs. Maybe space for 5 IRs. Like a big stomp box. No grid, no choices, just a little rig on a box.

But that would replace my current rig, so…. shrug-emoji

I'm hoping for something not guitar related necessaril, but studio related.
Mic modeling.
Pre amp and console modeling.
How about modeling the room itself, so my shitty little studio can make good drum sounds without sample replacement or close micing everything?

This isn’t possible.
I understand how load boxes work, but what’s stopping someone from applying the EQ of the various impedances like we can with Axe FX amp models? I understand you can’t change the physical hardware routing, but is it not possible to have variable EQ curves between the load and the final output?

Back
Top Bottom