New Fractal product coming!!

Switzerland is not particularly known for its waffles, analog or digital. Maybe more so for its bretzel.

This hint really waffles baffles me (can't believe this will be my 1st post on this forum :coldsweat:).

Anyway, since (1) it has firmware it is a hardware (so no plugin) and (2) not replacing any product in the current lineup (so no AXE FX IV, X-LOAD, etc...) my guess is: a small footprint unit with limited processing capabilities but smaller price tag, to compete with recent products from other manufacturers (HX One, POD Express, ToneX, ...). Aka FM0 ?

Switzerland is not particularly known for its waffles, analog or digital. Maybe more so for its bretzel.

This hint really waffles baffles me (can't believe this will be my 1st post on this forum :coldsweat:).

Anyway, since (1) it has firmware it is a hardware (so no plugin) and (2) not replacing any product in the current lineup (so no AXE FX IV, X-LOAD, etc...) my guess is: a small footprint unit with limited processing capabilities but smaller price tag, to compete with recent products from other manufacturers (HX One, POD Express, ToneX, ...). Aka FM0 ?
This is likely the case. Something smaller and more affordable.

My guess hands down would be hardware that Fractal is not currently competing with? Kemper Player, Tonex, QC, ect? Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffles_(machine_learning) Fractal Audio is the A game leaders in Modeling without question! Been using Fractal since 2010! The only part of the market they have not tapped into is Amp Capturing or Profiling? Makes perfect sense to me they the next move would smaller pedal size amp capturing and or profiling. Tonex and Kemper player are selling tons of the smaller pedal sized products for sure but to have a Fractal product that could actually capture amps would put Fractal back into a potion that from a marketing point of view excel them to The top tier heavy hitters in all markets? Could very be wrong but I really think Waffles is the magic word? At first I thought is was just a metaphor or half ass joke but after reading this on Wikipedia, Im pretty sure were getting something AI related? IK Multimedia at NAMM I was talking with them and they are using AI to learn the capturing of the amps and pedals they are profiling. I had NO idea Waffles was a technology that has been used for awhile now? We will see I hope im right!

My guess hands down would be hardware that Fractal is not currently competing with? Kemper Player, Tonex, QC, ect? Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffles_(machine_learning) Fractal Audio is the A game leaders in Modeling without question! Been using Fractal since 2010! The only part of the market they have not tapped into is Amp Capturing or Profiling? Makes perfect sense to me they the next move would smaller pedal size amp capturing and or profiling. Tonex and Kemper player are selling tons of the smaller pedal sized products for sure but to have a Fractal product that could actually capture amps would put Fractal back into a potion that from a marketing point of view excel them to The top tier heavy hitters in all markets? Could very be wrong but I really think Waffles is the magic word? At first I thought is was just a metaphor or half ass joke but after reading this on Wikipedia, Im pretty sure were getting something AI related? IK Multimedia at NAMM I was talking with them and they are using AI to learn the capturing of the amps and pedals they are profiling. I had NO idea Waffles was a technology that has been used for awhile now? We will see I hope im right!
Waffles was a joke someone other than Cliff made in the gear forum. It was not Cliff hinting at anything.

The capture thing would be interesting Cliff has like 100 amps he could have in the Factory set
Plus / Ir loader and CabLab 4 compatible
I doubt it but it would be a side step

Waffles was a joke someone other than Cliff made in the gear forum. It was not Cliff hinting at anything.
That's what I thought but Waffles being a real thing, maybe not? It's not that I think Fractal needs to do amp capturing at all. I have never owned an amp ever so I don't really care about that because all I know is Modeling gear but not going to lie, After this last NAMM Show and playing both the Kemper Player and the Tonex I can totally see the reason for it. I loved the Tonex so much I bought one! I have tried Tonex amp captures with same Fractal amp model version and I always like the Tonex version more?? I never thought I would say anything like that but for me it sounds more natural and raw? I started with an Ultra and now using FM9 but again there really is a difference when playing through a captured amp? I know it's subjective but I notice the difference more than I thought I would. Now that I have heard the difference, what would be the difference in having 300 Fractal amp models at your disposal or having 300 amps that were captured at your disposal? Now that I have heard difference, I would rather have captured amps more than modeled amps? Just an observation? And I'm not bashing on Fractal at all I've using Fractal for years. Here in my City I have only seen 4 guitar players including me using a fractal product live? Every body else playing is using Tonex, Kemper Player, or the Fiedman IRX-IRD. Im always asking what they think and why and hands down number one reason is they don't have to go through deep menu dives or pages of things to make small changes and just reach down turn a knob and your done and number 2 they are smaller and can use a smaller pedalboard? I am most likely wrong but if this ever happens I will jump at getting a Fractal pedal that you can download amp captures without hesitation?

That's what I thought but Waffles being a real thing, maybe not? It's not that I think Fractal needs to do amp capturing at all. I have never owned an amp ever so I don't really care about that because all I know is Modeling gear but not going to lie, After this last NAMM Show and playing both the Kemper Player and the Tonex I can totally see the reason for it. I loved the Tonex so much I bought one! I have tried Tonex amp captures with same Fractal amp model version and I always like the Tonex version more?? I never thought I would say anything like that but for me it sounds more natural and raw? I started with an Ultra and now using FM9 but again there really is a difference when playing through a captured amp? I know it's subjective but I notice the difference more than I thought I would. Now that I have heard the difference, what would be the difference in having 300 Fractal amp models at your disposal or having 300 amps that were captured at your disposal? Now that I have heard difference, I would rather have captured amps more than modeled amps? Just an observation? And I'm not bashing on Fractal at all I've using Fractal for years. Here in my City I have only seen 4 guitar players including me using a fractal product live? Every body else playing is using Tonex, Kemper Player, or the Fiedman IRX-IRD. Im always asking what they think and why and hands down number one reason is they don't have to go through deep menu dives or pages of things to make small changes and just reach down turn a knob and your done and number 2 they are smaller and can use a smaller pedalboard? I am most likely wrong but if this ever happens I will jump at getting a Fractal pedal that you can download amp captures without hesitation?
And for me it was just opposite. I loved the fractal more than the others. A friend has tonex. What I’ve noticed you can almost make any model or capture in each box sound like the other. I prefer the Axe. And you can assign the knobs to do what you want. So in the end it is all down to personal preferences. It is hard to beat the price of a toned vs a axe fx or fm. And price is one of the biggest factors for many.

They could call it Mimics instead of Profiles or Captures.....

Back
Top Bottom