New FC price point please

Oh geez! If I had a nickel for every unsubstantiated BS rumour I've read about FAS products on other forums I'd use it to buy an Axe-FX III and 2 FC12s. Case in point, Cliff provided an update that the shipment was delayed a week. I read elsewhere that people are turning that into 2 to 3 weeks or more. Only one recent example, but trolls like to stir the pot. (Not saying you are a troll, but what you read moat likely was.)

If Cliff or M@ didn't say it, don't believe it, and don't spread it please.

And this is what has actually been said about FC pricing. Nothing firm, but some ballparking never the less.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-fc-price-point-please.135010/#post-1596981

RR

Thanks RR. I was gonna say the same thing, but I'm typing on my phone so navigating for that info was a bit more challenging. Also why i said moat instead of most. Lol

Relax all. The FC will follow the Axe-Fx III — probably before many of you even get your purchase invitations. Meanwhile, it will take a little work to set up, but you can use any MIDI controller to operate almost everything on the Axe-Fx III remotely. Things that would NOT work on an MFC would be Tempo LED and Tuner display on the floor (Get a cheap Clip on. they work great.). Also, you'll need to enter preset names manually. I'll talk to the program's author and see if we can't run a sale on MFC Edit for those who don't already have it.

The issue is will the F.C. allow me to control external devices? (As the MFC-101does.
Surely you would know this or not by now.........

The III will have a midi block so the III should be able to control external devices, with the FC telling it what to do.

Or so I’m guessing

There's no info at all on the FC? The Axe III would not be able to be used live without it (or use its basic settings with an MFC-101 and MIDI cable).
This also means I can sell my Axe II but will need to hang onto the MFC-101 until the elusive FC makes an appearence....
This is a real major F... Up.
No info on what the FC can do, no info on a release date, not even a picture (a real one) seems the FC could be months away - there's going to be a lot of frustrated Axe III buyers unable to use it fully live........as I said a major F..up.
I have asked FAS for info on the FC as lots of users, myself included, need to know if it's possible to operate other external equipment as you can with the MCF-101 - this is always greeted with silence, meaning it doesn't or they dont know. Come on guys - what's happening here?

Well I have no doubt it is midi capable so ANY Midi foot controller will work live. Liquid foot or RJM make killer controllers that will make the AxeIII do your bidding. This is my take from what I have read on the forum...........

I'm willing to pay..............................................................ANYTHING
It's pretty much a "Whatever will be , will be" situation. If I get a purchase invitation for the III , and there's no FC yet , I'll use that time to learn how to navigate the III.

I'm a little curious as to how the FS's will be sold , wait list and such , but that's up to FAS , and I'm sure they've got a plan.

The III will have a midi block so the III should be able to control external devices, with the FC telling it what to do.

Or so I’m guessing

Yes but we have very little info about the capabilities of that block. I think what’s been said is that it can send some messages on scene and preset change, that’s all. So if your external devices should change state with Axe-FX scenes and presets, you should be fine. For any other kind of switching - we don’t know if it’s possible at all.

I use my MCF-101 to control my Axe II (obviously) but also have a switch dedicated to switching on/off my vocal effects. I also have two switches dedicated to switching my vocal harmoniser patch (one switch to increment and one to decrement). I also have a 'piano' pedal connected which switches in/out vocal harmonies.

On many occasions I have asked if I would be able to do this with the Axe III and new FC - I get silence?
This is a little worrying, how come FAS don't know this?

Things that would NOT work on an MFC would be Tempo LED and Tuner display on the floor (Get a cheap Clip on. they work great.). Also, you'll need to enter preset names manually.

It would be really disappointing if this MIDI functionality was removed from the Axe-FX III. It means it won't work on any 3rd party MFC either. Can anyone who knows please clarify?

It would be really disappointing if this MIDI functionality was removed from the Axe-FX III. It means it won't work on any 3rd party MFC either. Can anyone who knows please clarify?

On many occasions I have asked if I would be able to do this with the Axe III and new FC - I get silence?
This is a little worrying, how come FAS don't know this?

This is something I have been trying to get an answer for -

I am looking forward to both the FX3 and 6 controller. The waiting is a real pain after all of the hype! Hopefully they will be available soon.

If anyone can't wait to get a FC then just go buy a RJM Mastermind GT. Not only will it work with the Axe-Fx III, it will probably work with the Axe-Fx IV and V unless the MIDI Manufacturers Association ( MMA) updates the MIDI specs.

The FAMC Liquid Foot Plus (LF+) and X Series will probably Support the Axe-Fx III and they're lower priced than the RJM Mastermind GT Series.

If you've never experienced using an advanced MFC like the Liquid Foot or Mastermind GT, I suggest trying one. They're the Axe-Fx of MFC's. They can do almost anything you need your rig to do.

I own a FAMC LF+ 12+ and PRO+ and use them in Expander mode, so I have 36 foot switches. As of firmware v5.11 they work flawlessly with my Axe-Fx II XL+. I use Song mode which can send either a Tap-Tempo or Sysex message to each Preset in a Song, so every Song can have it's own tempo. You can also label IA's per Preset, so you can label each Scene. I also set my Scenes to toggle back to Scene 1 or Scene 5, so if I step on Scene 3 and then step on it again it goes back to Scene 1 or if I step on Scenes 2-4 twice they got back to 1 and 6-8 go back to 5. Scene 1 toggles to 5 and 5 to 1. Scene 1 is my Distortion and Scene 5 is my Clean, so I can quickly toggle between them. Scenes 2-4 are variations of Distortion with FX and 6-8 are variations of Clean with FX. With the Axe-Fx II Scene Revert setting set to OFF, I can quickly setup the Scenes like 8 separate presets and toggle quickly between them. This is very useful when writing new music or jamming with other musicians.

I'm hoping the FC's and Axe-Fx III will be able to handle the same setup but if not, I'll be keeping my LF+ MFC's

I’d assume if one can drop $2499 on the III the price of the FC isn’t going to be make or break them by a few hundred dollars either way

Now sure if the FC is $1200 I’d give pause, but if it’s $350 vs $500 or so, what is $150 in the larger purchase perspective ?

You’d assume wrong.

If anyone can't wait to get a FC then just go buy a RJM Mastermind GT.

How do you know it will even work properly with the III? That is, I’m sure that eventually it will, but when? We don’t know that, so we.

Sure, anything will work for just one-sided communication. But then who needs an expensive controller for that.

When you learn more you can assess whether or not the FC will work for you or not. Like everything else, there will be a bell-curve-like range of reactions to the product. Meanwhile, there's one more thing I can tell you: there's a FRACTAL AUDIO SYSTEMS logo on every FC, which means we'll all put our very best into it -- now an on an ongoing basis.

I don't think he is really saying anything about the Axe Fx III in that statement. He's talking about the MFC-101 capability when used as a generic midi controller...

You’d assume wrong.

Fair enough, I assume wrong, but perhaps then its also true that some people are a bit too excited with the hype of getting a new toy and not making a rational purchase decision ? Look, I'm not a financial advisor and its not my job to tell anyone how to spend their money, but if the difference of a few hundred dollars is going to mean someone can't cover rent, food on the table etc, then how can buying a $2499 III be a good rational decision ?

$2499 plus $350 is fine, $2499 plus $500 isn't ? That's like a 5% difference in overall cost of the rig....

Again, everyone can prioritize things in their own lives, but I think we've all seen plenty of folks get into some rather big financial holes because they do things like buy a car they can't afford, put too many purchases on credit cards, etc. There are a lot of people who've gotten themselves into so much debt that combined with high interest rates means they can't even make a dent in their balances each month, just covering finance charges, if that, so the hole keeps digging. I had a horrible job working collections for a few years back in college and saw it firsthand, day after day.

Lets put it this way, a III doesn't sound too good if your electricity has been turned off....

Back
Top Bottom