New Cab Pack on the way based on VINTAGE FENDER COMBOS!

@ML SOUND LAB I've really become enamored of the Larry Mitchell IR where a single IR is shot with multiple mics and blended at the console vs. IR's mixed in Cab Lab or by other software.

Does this new pack offer anything like that?

I too would love to see something simpler like the Larry Mitchell IRs (mixed by a Pro Guitarist),,,as I don't have the time to deal with all the possibilities...thanks.

I too would love to see something simpler like the Larry Mitchell IRs,,,as I don't have the time to deal with all the possibilities...thanks.
I've definitely taken my approach closer to that "less is more" direction ever since people started hyping how much fun they had with the Zilla Cab Pack and it seems like the approach is here to stay based on the feedback I'm getting. :)

Okay guys it's time for the next reveal. This one is a bit of a rare one. A 1963 "Prince Tone" 6G2 that's a Blackface with white knobs and a Jensen inside:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Stay tuned for sound clips!

Nice! Sweet and sparkly.

But...gone is the darkness. Who are you, and what have you done with Mikko? :)
Hahaha thank you @Rex! :D Honestly just pressed the red button after the first "riff" that came out with the new IR's. Maybe this is the answer for people in search of happiness. You can finally purchase happiness!!!!

I've definitely taken my approach closer to that "less is more" direction ever since people started hyping how much fun they had with the Zilla Cab Pack and it seems like the approach is here to stay based on the feedback I'm getting. :)

Would be cool, if you could put out a sample with this Cab Pack that matched what Cliff & Larry Mitchell did for the 4x12 Greenbacks, along with what was required to match this. Thanks!

Last night I had the chance to try some new upcomming IR's from FAS / ML loud at Gig volume in my practice room. I used the Fender 6G12 amp sim with the new Fender Brown Face Combo IR's. Sounds lovely and very dynamic. First I've played a impro over Peter Green's Albatross, which I've never played, but the sound ispired me to to do it. So it's just by ear as I remeber it.
The second bit is a simple 12 bar impro hitting the strings harder and the sound changes wonderfull getting more bite.

Last edited:
Last night I had the chance to try some new upcomming IR's from FAS / ML loud at Gig volume in my practice room. I used the Fender 6G12 amp sim with the new Fender Brown Face Combo IR's. Sounds lovely and very dynamic. First I've played a impro over Peter Green's Albatross, which I've never played, but the sound ispired me to to do it. So it's just by ear as I remeber it.
The second bit is a simple 12 bar impro hitting the strings harder and the sound changes wonderfull getting more bite.

Thank you so much for the video Tony! I always love seeing my IR's inspire something new and especially seeing that you enjoy them. :) So... as some may have noticed already from Tony's post there's a Brownface included!

Here's the third combo which is the second oldest of the bunch: 1961 Brownface Deluxe and this one is the most British sounding one of the bunch with a vintage Rola Celestion G12H30 75hz Blackback in it. Some people may recognize the mod. ;)

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

You can hear Tony use this in the video he just posted above this post. :)

Okay guys here's the last combo included. This is the newest combo of the bunch although it's still super vintage: a 1965 Princeton Reverb with a Weber Alnico speaker.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I'm happy to announce that the Alloy IR's have soon been gone through meaning that we will be ready for launch really soon. If everything goes well it might be as soon as one or two weeks from now. I'll create a video explaining the differences in sound by then so everyone knows what's included. :) Until then please enjoy these clips by some of my close friends using these IR's:

... and when you give vintage combo IR's to a djent dude this is what comes out...

I'm actually very surprised how well the IR's work in a modern mix. :) That's always a good sign kind of like the PR75 in Cab Pack 20.

Back
Top Bottom