New Axe-Fx II Factory Presets - Quantum 6.01

every once in a while I like to revisit the factory patches for various reasons and I have to say, the combination of Q6 and these presets in un-freakin-believable. perfect tonal balance. the notes spit at you when the pick hits the strings. the high's are smooth but have an edge, the bottom is full but not woofy. dynamic response is there is spades. notes just continually bloom and sustain and it breaks out into a controllable feedback even at low levels. feels awesome!

nice FX settings too. i haven't liked the Fenders (1-5) for a while but these presets are spectacular again. and the Twin is actually clean sounding without piercing. the overdrives absolutely rock, of course. everything just sounds best.

So to those that worked on these presets and FW I say thank you, what an awesome job! could've stayed with my axefx mkI now cause i'm good, don't need anything else (still glad I have an XL+ though), what a journey...

Last edited:
Sounding great! I had a little CPU overload on couple on my XL, but that was with the USB hooked up. Just removed an unneeded effect so no real issue.

Forgive me if it's been answered already, but is there any intent to make these happen (in modified form) for the AX8 as well?

I think aswell that Fremen has done this great job - at least on some of them.

I am a big fan of Fremen, I just revisited a lot of his presets last night and they are really amazing with Q6. I ran through a lot of the factory presets last night also and didn't think they really compare quality wise to Fremen.

I am a big fan of Fremen, I just revisited a lot of his presets last night and they are really amazing with Q6. I ran through a lot of the factory presets last night also and didn't think they really compare quality wise to Fremen.

Well I supose Fremen has to make them different as his own ones, like the delay or reverb in series, has to use the factory cabs. They just showcases to give you the basics. Anyway thats the way it might be or not. I have all the Fremen presets but the factory presets have really improved for my opinion, although I always have to tweak them.

Well I supose Fremen has to make them different as his own ones, like the delay or reverb in series, has to use the factory cabs. They just showcases to give you the basics. Anyway thats the way it might be or not. I have all the Fremen presets but the factory presets have really improved for my opinion, although I always have to tweak them.

I think a lot of the factory presets sounded kind of bad and they were kind of unpleasant to audition for the most part. At least with the Fremen presets I can just add a little EQ and my favorite 3 Sigma IRs and they are good to go. I wouldn't even know where to start with the factory stuff, it is easier to start from scratch. The first 10 presets or so were particularly bad to me which might scare off new users.

I love them .. absolutely the best yet IMHO

(haven't tried them all but so far they are rocking big time)

But everything is so easy to get to sound great now .. it feels like light years ahead since I bought mine with fw6 . something

:)

Really love this fw and these presets ..

thanks again to all of you FAS and beta team .., Matt .. Cliff .. forum addicts (like myself)

;)

Just loaded up FracTool-translated ones on the AX8. Once you get past the inconvenience of having to kill MultiDelay and "High" Reverb on each one to make it work on the AX8, they soud pretty darn good. The new Petrucci preset is MILES ahead of the old one. I think I might prefer the previous Mark Day 80s patch to this new Mark Day HBE (not least of which because it had some pretty effective Scenes built in). But aside from that, they sound great. The esoteric banks from B and C are lots of fun too.

Thanks for putting the time into refreshing these! Well worth the effort!

of course the factory presets will need some tone tweaking as everybody's guitar, pickups and touch will be different, that goes w/o saying. I'm seeing the use of some amp/cab combinations and parameter settings that I wouldn't normally use and I'm finding some great tones.

Back
Top Bottom