New amps in next firmware...

How 'bout a Rivera Knucklehead?

I too have wished for this. I have an old 90's K100 Head and matching 4x12 Rivera cab. The earlier 90's Knuckleheads weren't particularly hi gain compared to the later KH / KHR and KHR7 models. It's more of a vintage type amp but with the quietness of a HiFi. It gives crystal clear "bell like" Fender chimey tones on one channel and lovely dry vintage Marshall tones on the other (both channels love pedals!). I started replacing the capacitors and re-valving it 2 years ago but house renovations has put that project on hold. The problem with modelling an amp like this is that it would need **2 separate models** due to the fact that it runs 2 physically separate preamp stages with vastly different voicings: one with a Fender type tone stack and the other with a Marshall tonestack. A very interesting amp. If anyone gets a chance to try an old 90's k100 (or k50) out in a store then they should, I think they'd be impressed...

There's only a few new amps. But everything's been improved. If you are a Boogie person you're going to love the updated "USA" models.

And the updated Dumble models are really cool IMHO.

I humbly ask, can be finally BOSS HM-2 ????????????????

Free is free. Bring'em on. Even if I don't change my live patches in any way, it's always fun to sit down and play with an amp block, and cab, just to fiddle. It's like going to a boutique amp shop, and spending the day playing on every amp they have without leaving the house, or my chair, or changing out of pajamas...

"or changing out of my pajamas..." lol

I find the Boogies quite good, but I don't have any objection against improvements of course, this is great news Cliff! :)

How 'soon' is the release? Is there any ETA?

When I think of the Nile Rodgers - "direct into the console" sound or think of the ways you use the Axe Fx for an acoustic guitar - why not a vintage NEVE Preamp (since we already got a neutral tube preamp...?

Back
Top Bottom