New amp rumor - OMEGA Amp-works

Atte

Inspired
OMEGA Amp-works suggested that their amps would be available for Axe Fx in the spring. I hope that it/they will be available for the AX8! Such crushing tones...

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_083453.jpg
    IMG_20181207_083453.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 164
Tube amp? FR? Why would you want a ‘crushing’ amp with a modeler?

But that would just be an amp setting. They cannot add amp models to the AX8/AxeFX - that can only be done by FAS.

That's reading a lot into a rather vague post; companies like STL tones and Choptones sell Kemper profiles as well as Axe-Fx "packs" which are just settings and tone matches based around certain amps that may not already be modelled.

I understand Cliff collaborated with Alan at Carol-Ann amps when fine tuning some of the CA models, and we've got obscure amps like the Hook that was modelled from a FAS users personal amp, but it would seem to be without precedent that FAS would collaborate on amp models that haven't been requested by any users (this post is the only reference to these amps I could find in a forum search) when people are still crying out for stuff like the Archon, ADA MP-1 and more bass stuff.

Besides, if you believe the rumours Fractal are going to release an updated AX8 with 4 keystone DSP's, 50 inch touchscreen and coffee machine , yesterday.

Having said all of that, FAS can do whatever they want and the more models the merrier!

I absolutely see the unlikeliness of this, but I myself love all the rumours that dwell on the internet about the possible and impossible future FAS updates and products.

I did not know about the tone matched packs. Even if it would be just that, I would be interested in putting a few pounds on that!

The current Amp list in Fractal units is just unbeatable. I sure would love to see PRS Archon and ReVv Generator 120 modeled to these magic boxes.
Absolutely! I'm not really that huge of a fan of the Revv stuff, like so many people seem to be, but the Archon just sounds amazing!

Reactions: DTS
The Archon is on the to-do list but we don't have a schematic which means I have to trace the circuit and that's very tedious.

I remember you saying it (no schematic) some time ago and i thought, that the Archon won't probably get modeled... So this is so great to hear, that it is in the works.

The Archon is on the to-do list but we don't have a schematic which means I have to trace the circuit and that's very tedious.

Christmas came early I know that’s a no fun job but I and I’m sure many really appreciate it
I know you’ll nail it
Thank you Cliff

For the Record I tried to help Cliff
I emailed the guy who actually designed it
Brandon who is actually no longer at PRS
But there’s this thing called NDA

Back
Top Bottom