NASA intruige and the mother of all Conspiracies?

I attended a lengthy live seminar with James Green a couple of years ago and it was utterly fascinating. He laid out and explained in great detail how they are going about finding evidence of life on other planets/moons, how they quantify 'life', the conditions they think are required to support life, how they identify candidate bodies to explore, and why he thinks they will discover life in our solar system within the next few years. It was a very compelling, factual, and evidence based presentation....one that made you wonder and think. He outlined the discovery missions they are working on and why NASA thinks Europa is a prime candidate to explore (it consists of every metric NASA defines as 'able to support life').

There are some who think that Callisto is a far better candidate as its also considered to have an ocean underneath the ice, but unlike Europa and Ganymede its not within Jupiter's radiation belt.

I still think there is a major difference between 'we've found life on one of the other planets or moons' vs. 'we've found life and it asked us to take it to our leaders'. Microbial or very basic organism on other worlds in our solar system is nice, but hardly impacts our lives one iota. Intelligent life elsewhere does make a major difference, even when its thousands of lightyears away. If only because at some point in the future humanity will have to deal with these foul xenos. ;)

You dont have to mention your train of thought to make it readily apparent that you have some issues that need to be addressed. You’ve been talking in circles about conspiracies on the internet, using vague language and you’re relentless about it. These are huge red flags. Please seek help from a mental health professional as soon as possible, preferably today. Get a real world friend to take you and stay with you, better yet a family member.

Five-thousand years from now an archaeologist is going to find a well preserved AxeFXIII. They will be amazed and dumbfounded by the capabilities of this little black box. Some will theorize it was technology brought to this planet by a super intelligent extraterrestrial race.

MWAHAHA!

Five-thousand years from now an archaeologist is going to find a well preserved AxeFXIII. They will be amazed and dumbfounded by the capabilities of this little black box. Some will theorize it was technology brought to this planet by a super intelligent extraterrestrial race.

MWAHAHA!

Unless it got stored in vacuum on the moon or it gets preserved through some seriousarcheological fluke I'll doubt much of anything will survive for that long. There's reason why we now a lot about Ancient Egypt, going back 4500 years and next to nothing about the megalithic stone builders in Europe. And its not like the ancient megalithic stone builders were that much more primitive compared to the ancient Egyptians. It takes great organization skills and agrarian surplus to organize and feed the large work crews you need to erect something like Stonehenge. Thing is, shit gets preserved very well in Egypt, it rots before your very eyes here in Europe.

And that's excluding the fact that without a guitar and a FRFR speaker what is turning on an Axe FX by itself going to accomplish? :innocent:

MWAHAHA!
5,000 years from now they’re going to look at stored images of long-since recycled bits of quaint, simplistic toy electronics and wonder how we got along without the technology that they‘re gonna have by that point.

Unless it got stored in vacuum on the moon or it gets preserved through some seriousarcheological fluke I'll doubt much of anything will survive for that long. There's reason why we now a lot about Ancient Egypt, going back 4500 years and next to nothing about the megalithic stone builders in Europe. And its not like the ancient megalithic stone builders were that much more primitive compared to the ancient Egyptians. It takes great organization skills and agrarian surplus to organize and feed the large work crews you need to erect something like Stonehenge. Thing is, shit gets preserved very well in Egypt, it rots before your very eyes here in Europe.

And that's excluding the fact that without a guitar and a FRFR speaker what is turning on an Axe FX by itself going to accomplish? :innocent:
When future civilizations look back on our era.
We will probably be labeled as "the plastic people"

I'm still trying to figure out how decomposed plant material..now oil.. is kilometers below the ground.
-shift in the poles causing tectonic plates to fold over?
-or just the age of the planet and layers of cosmic and planetary dust, moon dust from volcanoes and comets hitting the moon and planet?

I searched the net after reading this thread a few days ago and the only significant news I found was that NASA has discovered how ice and water are formed/renewed on asteroids and it's importance to life. Not exactly ET but I guess a place to look, hoping ET gets thirsty.

I’m just always curious in the psychology of Societal groups (political, religious, or fringe) and why they believe what they do in the absence of proof. And more importantly, what would happen to society if any of these became irrefutable?

It's the same place stereo types etc.... come from. Human nature seems to pull people to the comfort side when thought is involved. Many will believe what they hear or are told without any effort what so ever to research or reason out the information. Following blindly has caused the worst human disasters in history.

I'm almost 50. Since I was 20 I was lead to believe that the government knew but had to find a way to break it to the masses so there wouldn't be lawlessness. The thought behind that is that if we have been brought up to believe that God, Family and Country came first, then what kind of chaos would it cause if everything we believed in might not be true? And so the conspiracy theory goes: The powers that be had to break it to the rest of mankind gently by making the thought of alien life more mainstream. And over the past 30 years, I can say that's plausible. You can see it in our society. The thought of alien life now probably wouldn't make us question everything. We've been desensitized. Although, I always believed it's a tad naive to think we are the only intelligent life form based on the probabilities. This doesn't make me question my belief in God at all.

And so the OTHER conspiracy theory that plays along with this: A global event that unites humans beyond their borders and their current governments would be conveniently needed to mold the world under one power (elitists...whatever..ooooohhh ahhhh). And so we all unite under one rule to fight the evil aliens.

It's funny that this conspiracy theory has been around for so long yet today's climate it seems doable. My hope is that the lid on Pandora's box stays on until I die or at least until I'm old enough that it doesn't affect me or I don't care.

Still no idea what this thread is about, but apparently there are aliens involved.
7202515462_12029f997b_n.jpg

Unless you have a belief system that revolves around taking holy books literally I fail to see how hearing about aliens, as in intelligent aliens, would send you into a hissy fit. Even the fact that dinosaurs have existed and the Earth has proven to be quite older then according to holy books hasn't sent those believers into holy frenzies of violence. And if God created the cosmos, isn't knowing that we are not alone out there even more wondrous and adding to God's greatness? Or is it not the religious folk that worries NASA but the 'take us with you' UFO nutters? They seem overall fairly harmless too.

Maybe I have too much faith in humanity in this regard, but the only things I can think off that would send humanity into an orgy of selfdestruction would be news that an alien battle armada is parked on the dark side of Jupiter, waiting for our unconditional surrender, or the news that a dinosaur killing asteroid or comet is headed our way and will be arriving next year. Or a xenomorph infestation. Game over, man!

Back
Top Bottom