NASA intruige and the mother of all Conspiracies?

Hundreds of people in Belgium saw UFOs in 1989 and we still don’t know where they came from...
If it was from a foreign country, that secret is damn well kept...

Sorry, I deleted it. Thought it would be ok just because I wasn't trying to sell or persuade, I was just commenting on the subject in general.

Hundreds of people in Belgium saw UFOs in 1989 and we still don’t know where they came from...
If it was from a foreign country, that secret is damn well kept...

UFO just means unidentified flying object. That doesn't translate automatically as ALIEN SPACECRAFT! It just means it cannot be explained. Yet. It's only the UFOlogists who automatically say we cannot explain it, therefore aliens. There was a time that lightning couldn't be explained, therefore it was the gods, or god, throwing a temper tantrum. Now we know better.

Also, how likely is that aliens come all the way to Earth to anal probe hillbillies? It's because people can't seem to understand the vastness of space and the limitations of the speed of light. Space is vast. It took our fastest probe 9 years to reach Pluto. And that's just the start of the outer solar system. The Kuiper belt and Oort Cloud probably stretch the solar system out as far as two light years. It takes massive amounts of energy to travel those distances. An alien ship would have to either be able to produce massive amounts of energy to make it sustain constant acceleration in order to undertake interstellar travel at relativistic speeds, or it would have to have a science so advanced that it can circumvent Einsteinian physics. People watch too many Star Wars or Star Trek that have handwavium physics that allow interstellar travel that allows interstellar travel at speeds like taking an airplane from New York to Paris, or an ocean liner that crosses the Atlantic. An alien culture at the Kardashev 2 or 3 level is so far advanced over us that we would be but ants to us. Are we going to anal probe ants, even just for shits and giggles? We don't even notice ants, not until we discover a nest within our home.

If we're going to propose aliens as a workable hypothesis for the explanation of UFO's we first have to explain how they could circumvent Einsteins theory of relativity, and why such a hyper advanced culture that can devour stars would be interested in us, let alone anal probe people of questionable reputation. Occam's Razor broadly states that when faced with multiple explanations its always best to go for the most simple plausible explanations. And some unexplained natural phenomena seems a hell of a lot more simple and plausible then aliens from afar who have overcome the problems of Einsteinian physics. Only to come here to buzz aircraft and anal probe our weirdos.

Sorry, I deleted it. Thought it would be ok just because I wasn't trying to sell or persuade, I was just commenting on the subject in general.
Don’t think deletion was necessary. Want to avoid having the thread shut down if we strayed too far into a rules violation.

If we're going to propose aliens as a workable hypothesis for the explanation of UFO's we first have to explain how they could circumvent Einsteins theory of relativity

It's hyper advanced technology! They traveled unfathomable distances using technology we can't grasp! ...to crash into a desert in nevada, or a forest in Rendlesham?? They are conducting advanced experiments on us, and we know this because we have so many experiencers waking up on the operating table even tho this is rare in modern anesthesia. They frequently describe being measured and prodded by advanced technology even tho we can study DNA with a Qtip swab. I'm not prepared to say everyone who claims an experience is lying, but boy this subject gets funnier the more you consider it

Don’t think deletion was necessary. Want to avoid having the thread shut down if we strayed too far into a rules violation.

The rule stated no discussion of religion or politics period, so better safe than sorry. Besides, it was a pretty serious reply to an unserious discussion so there's no reason to derail the spirit of the thread

Last edited:
UFO just means unidentified flying object. That doesn't translate automatically as ALIEN SPACECRAFT! It just means it cannot be explained. Yet. It's only the UFOlogists who automatically say we cannot explain it, therefore aliens. There was a time that lightning couldn't be explained, therefore it was the gods, or god, throwing a temper tantrum. Now we know better.

Also, how likely is that aliens come all the way to Earth to anal probe hillbillies? It's because people can't seem to understand the vastness of space and the limitations of the speed of light. Space is vast. It took our fastest probe 9 years to reach Pluto. And that's just the start of the outer solar system. The Kuiper belt and Oort Cloud probably stretch the solar system out as far as two light years. It takes massive amounts of energy to travel those distances. An alien ship would have to either be able to produce massive amounts of energy to make it sustain constant acceleration in order to undertake interstellar travel at relativistic speeds, or it would have to have a science so advanced that it can circumvent Einsteinian physics. People watch too many Star Wars or Star Trek that have handwavium physics that allow interstellar travel that allows interstellar travel at speeds like taking an airplane from New York to Paris, or an ocean liner that crosses the Atlantic. An alien culture at the Kardashev 2 or 3 level is so far advanced over us that we would be but ants to us. Are we going to anal probe ants, even just for shits and giggles? We don't even notice ants, not until we discover a nest within our home.

If we're going to propose aliens as a workable hypothesis for the explanation of UFO's we first have to explain how they could circumvent Einsteins theory of relativity, and why such a hyper advanced culture that can devour stars would be interested in us, let alone anal probe people of questionable reputation. Occam's Razor broadly states that when faced with multiple explanations its always best to go for the most simple plausible explanations. And some unexplained natural phenomena seems a hell of a lot more simple and plausible then aliens from afar who have overcome the problems of Einsteinian physics. Only to come here to buzz aircraft and anal probe our weirdos.

I did not say they are aliens... 😉

But these aircrafts were and are still ununderstable with our knowledge.
Please, don’t write a book on my ignorance. It’s also the ignorance of the F-16 pilots sent for interception and the ignorance of the Belgian army.
So I’m just an Ufologist (that I am not) because there are facts and witnesses of aircrafts flying that we cannot explain ? And I must rule out the extraterrestrial explanation just because I can’t explain how they could do that ? Take the problem the other way, no known aircraft can’t explain the phenomenon...if it’s not E.T then what is it and where does it come from and how does it fly ? I’d be intellectually happy to have a logical explanation and that’s because I can’t have one and because I can’t deny the reality of what happened that I’m pissed with the phenomenon.

You certainly know what Einstein thought about the quantical intrication...

To conclude, if what you can’t explain does not exist, you certainly do not believe in the existence of women. 😉

Peace

As a (very) amateur astronomer, and being lucky enough to live on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere with very little in the way of light pollution, I have seen some things up in the night’s sky that I can't explain. Weird shit.

But that's where that story ends. “I can’t explain it”.

But that doesn’t mean that nobody else can.

The thing-is with conspiracy theories, is that whole “connecting of dots that are both real and imagined”.. Namely the imagined ones. Now, maybe it’s just me (…and it probably is ;0), but, when I start connecting dots that are both real and imagined I invariably end-up in a box which requires a certain amount of contradiction of real-reality to stay on that path. At that point, it’s not even a mental exercise, it’s a waste of time.

But.. I have a foolish amounts of time to waste right now. So..

....Now .. Watching THIS:

…would be a better waste of anybody’s time over reading the rest of …vvv ..this crap. Aaaaaaand it’s an “out” you might want to take. ;0)

But.. :0) ..Just going by the numbers, there’s life on other planets. That’s just logical. If there is life in a flow on this one, then there is, or has been, or will be life on other planets. Life dumber/smarter and/or better looking than life that is currently on our own.

Life elsewhere – possibly, enjoying amp modelers made out of real helixes and real fractals.

What is Illogical, to me ..is a biological species, traveling one-hundred and sixty generations (or whatever), at speeds to where - if they hit anything in their path while traveling – a pebble, floating through space (for example), it would end their excursion pretty-quick. An intelligent species traveling massive distances over time, surviving–even evolving to survive space travel over that time.. Traveling for possibly eons .. to carry-out the exercise of …looking at a plant, or a chimp, in a zoo.

It’s mad! .. It’s like ??? …you or me - right now, setting out on foot, walking to the nearest ocean, to swim to Hawaii. Then, walking barefoot over a lava-field-or-two, to the nearest volcano to huff some poisonous gasses before walking, again, to the nearest ocean to swim to Africa, to punch a lion in the balls – just to see what would happen – before hoofing, and then swimming, over to Greenland – in our speedos - etc., etc., etc., and whatnot, JUST to say we saw an indigenous plant or bird.

BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT THAT DOOR!!! …It’s suicide - it’s a stupid thing to do with your time. But, y’know, if you do, …take video of the lion ball-punching thing.

My point is, you would think that super-intelligent types would have better things to do with generations.

Because Biology dictates that not much can survive for long outside of it’s own planetary habitat.

...Varying radiation types and levels, Atmospherics – Pressures, Gasses etc., Gravity, Bacteria, Mold, Microorganisms of every flavor, all life in general etc.. Are all unique to a planet. …As a visitor, you just don’t survive past what you have evolved to survive in.

So, no. If pushed. I don’t believe in “visitors”.. I think any would-be “visitors” are smarter than embarking on any-such journey.

Probes? like the Gemini.. Yeah. Makes more sense.. Still unlikely, since the times and distances are so vast; the chances of a probe sustaining damage or malfunctions in transit are pretty-much certain; and the chances that any viable probes are reporting back to anything other than a blasted wasteland of a planet - now devoid of all life, is high; considering the natural ebbs and flows of life on all planets, including our own, which arguably might be in “ebb”.

I think all these conspiracy theories - the connecting of dots that likely shouldn’t be blotted on the same page, the “aliens” the “bigfoot” … the “wimmin” ..are just dots we tend to connect to distract us from too much introspection. It’s intellectual entertainment. It’s distraction from reality of our own making. It’s nice to know that there’s something bigger out there, and that we are not alone – being the seemingly VERY insecure species that we are..

Are we alone? ..My guess is, we’re not. Logically the numbers indicate that we are not. My guess also is - logically speaking, we may as well be.

3 scariest things I’ve seen in the sky :
  • a military jet flying under my glider
  • a plane making a low pass above the drop-zone while under canopy
  • a canopy opening just under me while I was free-falling...

I saw a UFO when I was a kid. Clear as day. Big, black saucer. Flew right over my head and then shot up into the sky at a tremendous speed. I was supposed to be buying milk but got so excited I ran home to tell my mother and lost the money somewhere along the way. She was angry and I didn't understand because, damn, I just saw a flying saucer.

So she yells at me and tells me to go outside and play. I go out back and a few minutes later there are fighter jets flying around. Coincidence?

Elon Musk... big fan.
This spaceship of his is very exciting.
150,000kg lift load... or about 80 large cars... incredible. He's already has 4-5 of these things built. Says it's for future missions to mars and the world's next amusement ride.

But it doesn't really appear to be the case. These steps are not chronological to achieve that. And he is several steps ahead of pace for those ideas when you listen to his rhetoric. For humans to take trips into low orbit space... might be plausible with what type of ship he is focusing on... if that is the focus..which appears to be. He is too far away from any attempt to colonize Mars. Too many challenges that need to overcome.. and that is the point.

They would need to begin to lift items into low orbit initially.. and be able to have then link up. Then transported to Mars orbit and drop off into low orbit Mars..then be dropped at the same location.. all would be unmanned spacecraft. He would be developing space craft for transport, he is not. He's only working on reusable launch rockets. There are no plans for a space station. There is no information on what is to be lifted and no idea of anything of any mass in size that couldn't be accomplished with smaller vehicles initially.

They first learn how to launch larger items.. that makes sense and what he is doing now. But all we know is he's going from launch to colonizing Mars... but nothing in between.... that's not right.
What, launch items into low orbit wait several years for future development and then mobile equipment for drop off? What are they launching? Gas and cement?

But there's just too many people involved in this ship, too much room for error.. Like Notre Dame

Just because our current understanding of how the universe works says that we can't go faster than the speed of light, doesn't mean that it can't be done. Remember, it was once thought that you couldn't fly faster than the speed of sound.

I saw a UFO when I was a kid. Clear as day. Big, black saucer. Flew right over my head and then shot up into the sky at a tremendous speed. I was supposed to be buying milk but got so excited I ran home to tell my mother and lost the money somewhere along the way. She was angry and I didn't understand because, damn, I just saw a flying saucer.

So she yells at me and tells me to go outside and play. I go out back and a few minutes later there are fighter jets flying around. Coincidence?
So imagine if Cliff had been abducted by aliens. We would not have the Axe FX.:eek:

Or did aliens give Cliff the blueprint for the Axe FX.o_O

Back
Top Bottom