NASA intruige and the mother of all Conspiracies?

Mars does not exist. Big hoax. Same studio as the moon...
We are not prepared to discover that we are alone in the univers :-(

I'll ignore your inclusion of political positions in your sweep of conspiracy theories.

The closest thing I can find to a "coming announcement" from NASA is an interview with Jim Green in The Telegraph, which puts things in a different context, and refers to results that might or might not come from a NASA mission that won't even begin until next year. Then there's your nebulous "recent other government admissions." Specifics, or it didn't happen.

Or is this just a project to cause mayhem? :)

Political, religious, or fringe, its still the same question.

Yes the green interview is what has become mainstream to the point that news and talk shows openly discussing it. You have Colbert asking NDT about it and stoking the flames....even adding that the ISS feed has been recorded for two weeks now. You had all the main stream news outlets playing the flir pod footage from the Nimitz and the Roosevelt, while at the same time , the DOD confirms that they are in fact real footage that they studied for five years and came to the conclusion that it’s not from our current knowledge base. While you have CO’s of airwings giving first hand accounts of the encounters to various outlets. Those of us with a military background should know you don’t get to command a carrier air wing by showing up in a tin foil hat, to say nothing of the constant psych evals. The point being, for the first time, that group, has probably the most legit evidence to support their long made claim....not from some yahoo in the woods...but from a legit Source, with no benefit to saying so. In the past, the government denied such things...in this case, they said its real, it happened, we studied it for five years and it exceeds our knowledge base.

My point again isn’t what I believe, its what will society believe given-that the lunatic fringe is getting mainstream traction now.

Sorry about being nebulous, but I thought most people were aware that there are groups like this out there (Netflix,YouTube, mainstream media, has much content on it), hell, I see cars around here filled with flat earth messages all the time, even Taco Bell ran Illuminati ads. I first learned of the DOD news from CNN,not the internet, same with the initial NASA news.

And no, not a mayhem project... I’m just always curious in the psychology of Societal groups (political, religious, or fringe) and why they believe what they do in the absence of proof. And more importantly, what would happen to society if any of these became irrefutable?

Your consistent I’ll give you that, but yet again, your asvab is showing.

My mental health is fine and clearly exceeds your level of reading comprehension.

This is the part where you will respond, by reading us your unsolicited resume, like so many times before, in an attempt to show why your so highly qualified to pass judgment on others, and how your in med school, flying, etc... or whatever else activity you seem to think your the only who has ever achieved. Then, of course step two from Trev playbook, will be where you announce that you are adding me to your ignore list...your the king of this unexplained behavior here. Please with all your exalted knowledge explain to us the logic behind that? Do you think anyone actually cares if you ignore them? You must, otherwise why mention it? ...and that says far more about you than the person your ignoring. Perhaps in a moment of solitude when your not contemplating ridiculous things such as the minisclule effect hanging a guitar on the wall has on neck tension...to name but one of your many idiotic utterances...you should focus your Uber intellectual force on solving the mystery of why it’s so vital (to you) that everyone knows that Trev had made a ruling.

Have you ever contributed anything positive in this forum?

No doubt this will get pulled, and rightfully so... because I have now stooped to your level of ignorance.

And I can assure no one gives two shits who you ignore....least of all me.
Add manic and obsessive to the differential.

Probably a fossil of this:

Ahhhhh the Gorn is my all-time favorite Star Trek monster....freaked me out when I was a kid. Funny, I just watched this the other day:

I've been re-reading the book "Contact" as of late and it delves into how the various 'factions' in the world would react to confirmed life/evidence of life on another planet. It would be...interesting to see what would happen if that was the case.

Classic paranoid delusion gibberish. “Flight of ideas”. I am legitimately concerned about you.
I’m not trying to get in the middle of you two here, but I think he’s just talking about the “Belluminati” ads that they ran for a while. Just implying that conspiracy theories have found a place in mainstream culture even if it’s just for the sake of poking fun.

Your response there makes it sound like you’re thinking he’s implying that Taco Bell ran ads for a secret society in control of the world’s powers... which would indeed be laughably paranoid and preposterous.

The closest thing I can find to a "coming announcement" from NASA is an interview with Jim Green in The Telegraph, which puts things in a different context, and refers to results that might or might not come from a NASA mission that won't even launch until next year.

I attended a lengthy live seminar with James Green a couple of years ago and it was utterly fascinating. He laid out and explained in great detail how they are going about finding evidence of life on other planets/moons, how they quantify 'life', the conditions they think are required to support life, how they identify candidate bodies to explore, and why he thinks they will discover life in our solar system within the next few years. It was a very compelling, factual, and evidence based presentation....one that made you wonder and think. He outlined the discovery missions they are working on and why NASA thinks Europa is a prime candidate to explore (it consists of every metric NASA defines as 'able to support life').

Yes the green interview is what has become mainstream to the point that news and talk shows openly discussing it.
News programs have openly discussed the possibility of extraterrestrial life for years. Talk shows will openly discuss absolutely anything.

You have Colbert asking NDT about it and stoking the flames..
NDT frequently discusses UFOs in his interviews and talks. And he definitely doesn't "stoke the flames" when he talks about them.

...even adding that the ISS feed has been recorded for two weeks now.
Many signals from the ISS are recorded.

You had all the main stream news outlets playing the flir pod footage from the Nimitz and the Roosevelt...
Some of them did (I can find no evidence that CBS or NBC did so, and there are many organizations that I didn't look into (I've already spent too much time researching the hints you dropped).

...while at the same time , the DOD confirms that they are in fact real footage that they studied for five years and came to the conclusion that it’s not from our current knowledge base.
The DOD confirmed three instances of unidentified flying objects that are indeed...unidentified. ;)

The phrase "exceeds our knowledge base" implies that we've seen things that could only come from advanced alien technology. And that is the effect that those words are intended to have. Now that's "stoking the flames."

While you have CO’s of airwings giving first hand accounts of the encounters to various outlets.
Pilots. Not COs.

Sorry about being nebulous, but I thought most people were aware that there are groups like this out there...
I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows that there are conspiracy theorists and fringe groups. That's not what they're surprised about. Instead, they're surprised that you seem to be saying that something has happened recently that will give those groups a boost.

You opened with talk of NASA getting ready to make an announcement that "they don't think the world is ready for." I get a daily news feed from NASA, and I haven't seen anything like that.

In light of all this, your question boils down to this: "What will the fringe groups do with new information?" Here's the answer: they'll make a big deal about it, the same as they always have. TBH, it's hard not to feel that you're doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Admittedly, my initial post’s could have been clearer, as I clearly underestimated what is common knowledge. For example that crazy “storm the gates” crowd got plenty of mainstream exposure last month.

News programs have openly discussed the possibility of extraterrestrial life for years. Talk shows will openly discuss absolutely anything.

Yes, of course they have.

NDT frequently discusses UFOs in his interviews and talks. And he definitely doesn't "stoke the flames" when he talks about them.

Correct except that I was referring to Colbert in this case

Many signals from the ISS are recorded.

Correct. Again, a Colbert reference, and watch the interview for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

Some of them did (I can find no evidence that CBS or NBC did so, and there are many organizations that I didn't look into (I've already spent too much time researching the hints you dropped).

Correct.

The DOD confirmed three instances of unidentified flying objects that are indeed...unidentified. ;)

The phrase "exceeds our knowledge base" implies that we've seen things that could only come from advanced alien technology. And that is the effect that those words are intended to have. Now that's "stoking the flames."

Correct, and as stated previously, those aren’t my words.

Pilots. Not COs.

CO= Commanding officer. Carrier air wings, like line units, share similar command hierarchy. In the case of Nimitz, the pilot in question was also the CO of the wing, ie the most senior and not some fresh nugget out of Pensacola.

I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows that there are conspiracy theorists and fringe groups. That's not what they're surprised about. Instead, they're surprised that you seem to be saying that something has happened recently that will give those groups a boost.

You would think... and yes, that was the point.

A couple of examples: “storm the gates” crowd ...this was a Facebook movement of people who believed that the government has been hiding “aliens” at Area 51. There were over two million people who joined this group.

Last year the estimate of people who believe the earth is flat was over six million and growing...despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. In the last year I have seen a number of cars that have painted the common flat earth rallying cries on every surface of their vehicle.

My point was about those type of people. If they believe that strong enough to do that to their car...what do you suppose they are like on line, or when they meet new people? Like most who believe in something that otherwise can’t be proven...they want to spread the message and grow the movement.

So now, let’s say your one of those 2 million who actually believe that the government is hiding aliens, and then your watching your otherwise trusted “mainstream” news source, and there’s the government saying what we previously discussed... then follow that up a week later with the NASA official stating what he said, yes it was walked back the following day with a press release focusing on the coming mission...but do you honestly think these people are going to take that into account, or will they hear what they want? I will say the Copernicus comment caught my attention as it seems well over stated for fossils, habitable environment etc... but that’s beside the point, which is still, how will the fervent believer, digest and disseminate that info?

Then after that, perhaps he tunes in to Colbert to find him questioning NDT about the very same thing he has recently seen...and already in inclined to believe. So you have a person, with an already established belief system, who is now getting that reinforced, not in the usual way, where it needs to be actively sought out...but from sources they never got it from before. How do you think those people react to this? Does anyone actually think these people will just be “cool, I was right?”.... or will they see this as validation that supports their existing belief? Do you think the number of people who believe we are hiding aliens, will go down or grow?

Unfortunately, people are largely idiots that are easily manipulated (the larger the group the easier) and people tend to believe based on “the TV told me so”, or “I saw it on Facebook so it must be real”. It was fun and entertaining to a point (like John Birchers pre internet).. but now these “factions” have become very large groups with no sign of diminishing anywhere on the horizon. Call me whatever you want, but I think that poses some inherent dangers to society as a whole

You opened with talk of NASA getting ready to make an announcement that "they don't think the world is ready for." I get a daily news feed from NASA, and I haven't seen anything like that.

Again, not my words. Paraphrased from the article mentioned before, but pretty close to direct. But a simple google search will find it for you. And yes, the original article was from the telegraph , not the nasa site. But let’s be real, do you think these people will care where they saw it?

In light of all this, your question boils down to this: "What will the fringe groups do with new information?" Here's the answer: they'll make a big deal about it, the same as they always have. TBH, it's hard not to feel that it's the same thing you're doing.

I agree right up until “same as they always have”...this is different than before (from their perspective and for all the reasons previously stated). Couple this with social media, (and it’s previous social exercises) and you don’t have to be Nostradamus to see why reasonable people may be concerned.

Well clearly, I didn’t format this correctly, but hopefully you’ll get the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom