My Favorite Marshall (as of FW 4) What's yours?

Is the Brit super not a silver jube
If yes then you have made a Jube
Studio 20
Yep, it is, and it's interesting to me that I liked it, given that I've never loved the SJ or AFD. To me, it sounds better in that instance than it does as SJ or AFD, etc. Ultimately I went back to the default plexi tonestack, which is more like the "SLP20" I was looking for...d'oh!

Is there a difference between the Brit Super and Brit Silver?

Last edited:
The price of admission to the Fractal-verse is worth just the Marshalls alone. Could take away
everything else and I could still be happy and functional using just those.

Not a request, though. ;)

The price of admission to the Fractal-verse is worth just the Marshalls alone. Could take away
everything else and I could still be happy and functional using just those.

Not a request, though. ;)
That's no joke! Since I started this thread, I've begun to replace some things...finding my "backline" is almost completely Marshalls now! And that is how it would be if I could afford them and pay someone to move them.

Plexi 100w / JTM with Plexi 100w tonestack
What can you say about the difference between the Plexi 100w tone stack you like and the default one(s)?

Swapping that out is an interesting mod, in that it has the potential for a whole new universe of tones, different from stock at every position of all the tone controls. It's hard to think about the net effect, or which I'd ultimately like best, even if I was familiar with that aspect of all the included amps, which I'm so completely not. I'd more or less be tossing dice. Could be fun, but I imagine some folks, possibly including you, have a more intentional approach.

What can you say about the difference between the Plexi 100w tone stack you like and the default one(s)?

Swapping that out is an interesting mod, in that it has the potential for a whole new universe of tones, different from stock at every position of all the tone controls. It's hard to think about the net effect, or which I'd ultimately like best, even if I was familiar with that aspect of all the included amps, which I'm so completely not. I'd more or less be tossing dice. Could be fun, but I imagine some folks, possibly including you, have a more intentional approach.
It is a "fatter" "thicker" and "warmer" tonestack than the jtm / 59 bassguy one, which i really like for some Hendrix tones.
In this specific case one has to cut out good ammount of 60-250hz on the Amp EQ for it not to be muddy but then its a glorious tone.

I love the SLP Jumped. I have a real SV20, will have to A/B with the model.

I've been using GB cabs of various sorts with the models and the real amp. Usually something with 57/121 mics mixed. I find the LT 7 cab a bit bright, but a solid option for sure.

I love the SLP Jumped. I have a real SV20, will have to A/B with the model.

I've been using GB cabs of various sorts with the models and the real amp. Usually something with 57/121 mics mixed. I find the LT 7 cab a bit bright, but a solid option for sure.

It is bright but I end up going back to it whenever I try something else. Increased proximity in the cab block and lower treble brings it in. Sometimes I’ll mix it with a darker cab too but I’m on the FM3 so cpu is constrained.

The FAS/LT gift of tone has a couple more LT IRs in it. Looking forward to trying those out.

I so want to run the Brit20 on my FM9, but I have a gig next week and don't want to upgrade until after.

It's looking like Brit 20 for the win now. I gigged it last night and it sounded great but needed a couple tweaks. In my IEM, it is nearly perfect. Will get it into speakers on Monday or Tuesday and see if I've found my new favorite.

I had a Dirty Shirley 40 as well as a 20...great amps! As I understand, it is an 800 preamp on a JTM45 output section? Anybody know for sure?

Generally, my favorite Marshall flavored amp is the one I'm playing through. These days, they're all so good that would be easier to pick the ones I don't like.

Lately, my ears seem to be more in tune with the Cameron's (Atomica, CCV). You can take the boy out of the 80s, but you can't take the 80s out of the boy.

LT mix3 ir is great for Marshall’s. More mids than mix7. I’ve compared to the legacy 103 and it’s in the ball park but LT3 is more focused and clear. I’m having a hard time using anything else.

Generally, my favorite Marshall flavored amp is the one I'm playing through. These days, they're all so good that would be easier to pick the ones I don't like.

Lately, my ears seem to be more in tune with the Cameron's (Atomica, CCV). You can take the boy out of the 80s, but you can't take the 80s out of the boy.
Yeah...that's beginning to happen to me as well. I'm probably more in tune to the 70s and early 80s. Studio 20 is sounding impeccable to me right now as my main amp, it beat out the Plexi 6CA7 for that sound. I also have a JTM45 for cleaner things and an Atomica for heavier stuff. Have been playing a BE100 model for months now and will be experimenting more with an 800.

Back
Top Bottom