• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Multi-Screen DIY controller

Axelman8

Inspired
Setting the AMP or CAB channels directly from the pedalboard can be a cool option, e.g: for fast comparison while you are tweaking.

I don't know why the information to grab the AMP/CAB names is not shared at the Axe-FX III, as it was at the II. We could open a request at the Wish List
Setting the channel option is allready working. I use it very offten and like it. It is available in the effectpage.

Maby making it available in the scenepage is more obvious.. then the looperpage has to make room for it.

Adding it to the wishlist is a good option. Will do that asap. Still have some hope a contributer will come along and share his/her knowledge 😀

About the channel switching. You think amp1/cab1 abcd switching shouls also be combined with 1 button push? Ive seen many reguest, but since it can be done, would it be of any use?

Cheers

Cheers

I guess you could use trial and error to try and figure out more sysex features available, but they just might not be there at all as opposed to being undocumented.

Without modification you can use AxeControl library to do this - use
registerSysexPluginCallback to register a function to print out any data coming back.

Then just call the sendCommand method. They've documented up to command 0x14. Based on looking at the other documented commands you might need to guess what arguments to pass. For example if they were to implement a load amp name, what would it look like?

Lets say it would be generalised and the command is getBlockSubType (0x15), you would need to pass in the block number as an argument. So 0x00 through to 0x53 (84 blocks total). There would likely not be any other argument, but it's not necessarily the command 0x15. I would be trying to print out the bytes returned from AxeFx. If you got a response after firing a 0x15 command, then you know there are undocumented commands there so could be worth persuing. No response could mean wrong number of arguments so playing with that.

Basically it's a needle in a haystack though and would take a long time to figure out and why would they build such functions and not document? Unlikely that this exists ultimately and probably only available on the proprietery protocol used through FasLink or USB to AxeEdit.

Axelman8

Inspired
I guess you could use trial and error to try and figure out more sysex features available, but they just might not be there at all as opposed to being undocumented.

Without modification you can use AxeControl library to do this - use
registerSysexPluginCallback to register a function to print out any data coming back.

Then just call the sendCommand method. They've documented up to command 0x14. Based on looking at the other documented commands you might need to guess what arguments to pass. For example if they were to implement a load amp name, what would it look like?

Lets say it would be generalised and the command is getBlockSubType (0x15), you would need to pass in the block number as an argument. So 0x00 through to 0x53 (84 blocks total). There would likely not be any other argument, but it's not necessarily the command 0x15. I would be trying to print out the bytes returned from AxeFx. If you got a response after firing a 0x15 command, then you know there are undocumented commands there so could be worth persuing. No response could mean wrong number of arguments so playing with that.

Basically it's a needle in a haystack though and would take a long time to figure out and why would they build such functions and not document? Unlikely that this exists ultimately and probably only available on the proprietery protocol used through FasLink or USB to AxeEdit.
Hey there @prongs_386

thank you for pointing this out. I am reading about the midi sysex and how it is used.
Learning bunch of new stuff :) but now i have try to understand it haha...

Cheers

Top Bottom