Multi-Screen DIY controller

Hey there @Piing

Wow, that is not a good job. What an idiot who did this.
On the other side you can start the soldering , you have the exact messurements, so moving from one enclosure to another wont be a problem . #UseTheForce

It does look great though, very nice cuts. Without the damage your enclosure looks very professional

Cheers

Shure 😊
I made 2 programs/setups, because scene switching were not working as expected.
Maybe my fault. With interrupts in "setup 2" it's working fine. Have to say, this is my first project with arduino/teensy. IMG_20210427_202415.jpgIMG_20210427_202430.jpgIMG_20210427_202505_1.jpg

I wanted to say thank you to piing, nero, tysonlt and you, axelman8, who inspired me to this project 😀
A lot of work to do, but for now it's working ok.
I need to implement your feature to choose presets per button or number.
How do you solved the problem to fetch the next/last 10 preset names?

Wow, this looks amazing! Like a professional unit. Very nice job done.

My presetnames solution:
I have exported my presrtnames setup with axe-edit and imported this into the program. So basicly it is hard coded in the software. Any change in the axefx with presets would result in an export / import again.

@prongs_386 his solution:
he has modded the axecontroller library so he can grab 50 presetnames from the fractal unit. I haven't tried this working sution with the modded library yet.

I am working on a github sync for my program. When its up i will share the link to it, than i can point you to the working presrtnames solution if you are interested.

Really great controller you got there. Really like the build and the led footswitches are awesome. Question: Is that a custom enclosure?

Thanx for sharing your build.

Cheers

Shure 😊
Maybe my fault. With interrupts in "setup 2" it's working fine. Have to say, this is my first project with arduino/teensy. View attachment 82511View attachment 82512View attachment 82513

I wanted to say thank you to piing, nero, tysonlt and you, axelman8, who inspired me to this project 😀

Very good looking! congratulations.
Where did you get these LED rings?

Thanks a lot guys 😀
In real it's all a little bit crooked, but
to make music it's good enough.

The enclosure is a black hammond box and everything else is from china...
The rings with 2 colors came from GB.

I devinitively need a better way to select the presets, than just to move + or - 1. Long press brings me to 400 or 1, but to move maybe 10 presets takes some time...

Last edited:
I devinitively need a better way to select the presets, than just to move + or - 1. Long press brings me to 400 or 1, but to move maybe 10 presets takes some time...

Hey there,
The pictures are awesome.. i like what you have build also the info on the screens. Because you use multi color footswitches, you dont need to show the active screen on the screen, but the footswitch gives that information. That would reduce my buildcode quite alot and even speed up the buildup of the screens.

The build up from the screens can take up alot of the time, the arduino is really fast enough for the task, but the screen buildup was my problem. I found the bodmer library that can build up all screens at once and that gives me the quick build up of the screens. Dont know what kind of screens you have, but maby the bodmer library could be of use.

Using SPI and the bodmer library maby interesting for you to explore...

Cheers

Hey there,

== Friday update ==

I have uploaded my program to Github. Any changes i will sync so the project code on github is up to date
I am new to Github. I have no experience with pull requests or that kind of git functionality, but i will do the reading on it.
I havn't had the time to find out how to write a comment text to explain the working of the program and the functions, but that i will do soon.

https://github.com/Axelman8/

Cheers and stay safe

Last edited:
Subscribed!

I also have to learn how it works. It seems like "forks" could be useful to create variants of the original program without affecting it

Shure 😊
Maybe my fault. With interrupts in "setup 2" it's working fine. Have to say, this is my first project with arduino/teensy.

This looks awesome, well done!

Thanks a lot guys 😀
In real it's all a little bit crooked, but
to make music it's good enough.

The enclosure is a black hammond box and everything else is from china...
The rings with 2 colors came from GB.

Here's a quick demo of my preset selection approach. I'm liking it so far given I mostly want to easily move around in roughly the same region. I need to choose better colours though to make it easier to read :)

Here's a quick demo of my preset selection approach. I'm liking it so far given I mostly want to easily move around in roughly the same region. I need to choose better colours though to make it easier to read :)

Hey there @prongs_386

Wow, those screens are build up fast :) i am still working on that part. Hope to find the answer how to speed things up some. I know my code is doing alot of rendering on the background and 1-2 seconds is pretty quick, but looking at your build, it always can go faster LOL.

Cheers

You can also just use branches if your long term intent is to integrate your changes back upstream.
Thnx @unix-guy

I found this article/ guide. 10 minutes and know all there is to know.

As i understand from the article, using branches is actually the way to create a "development enviroment" on the existing project. Merge to the main/master branch when satisfied.
Great tip thnx.

The guide:
https://guides.github.com/activitie...'ll create your own,to create and review code.

Cheers

Updated the effect toggles to use the real effect block images. Only issue is we can't fit all images onto the due at 1 time so I've just selected the ones I care about seeing the most and fall back to text where missing.

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_222804 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210501_222804 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Hey there
That is really looking professional and very nice how you got that working. Gives more alternatives to build up screens with background picture, that way a custom design is possible for diffrent screens that is not possible with standard text / coding.

I will check out your Github code how you have managed to do this.
Can you also point me how to use your code and the adjusted library? I would really want to flash your build and try it.

btw:
Your preset no 463 is one of my daily sound choice.. i have a pieso and the clean on this preset sounds awesome with it. Next to the shred tones the preset produces, some cleans are nice to play ;)

Cheers

Ha yeah, definitely the best DT preset I've found.

Just another warning on the images - it takes longer to upload. So I've got a:
#define LOAD_IMAGES
in src/Pedalboard/Display/effect.h which can be removed to stop the images and make for faster uploads if working on other features.

Regarding trying out my build, the only thing you'd need to do is use my customised version of AxeFxControl. Find the folder where this is installed, it could be C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries or otherwise in c:\users\{you username}\Documents\Arduino\libraries

And then delete the AxeFxControl library, then clone my specific modifed version of the library into the same location the original one was at. Using the command line:
git clone --single-branch --branch allow-load-any-preset git@github.com:kmcgain/AxeFxControl.git

Displaying an image is pretty easy once you figure out the very specific way of preparing the image bytes. I left the steps at https://github.com/kmcgain/Pedalboard/blob/master/util/ImagePrep.md

You end up with a variable:
const uint16_t someImg[] PROGMEM {
};

and you can display it using:
screen->pushImage(15, 15, 128, 96, someImg);
(or tft.pushImage)

You can do this with sizes other than 128x96. That was just the size that covered the effect block images.

Hey there,

I am trying to grab the AMP and CAB name from the AxeFX by adding the sysex to the axecontroller library. Fractal has not given up the sysex for the axeFxIII in the Wiki as there is for the AxeFXII.

I can't think of anything why it would be a big secret to Fractal to share this info,. Also i cant find the answer here on the forum and i cannot get it to work (I tried, but i have not succeeded). Some who do know how it works are holding back on sharing. i can understand that descision.

Why want to grab the names:
It would be nice to get the AMP and CAB 1,2,3,4 names of the ABCD channel, so it can be printed on the screens ( would be very convenient for choosing before switching)

Question:
Any follower of this thread got any idea how to grab the AMP and CAB 1,2,3,4 ABCD names from the AxeFxIII? would very appriciate your input.

Dual switching:
I also found several posts where users of the FC6-FC12 are asking Fractal for the option to set the AMP/CAB blok ABCD with one push of a button, like AMP1-A, CAB1-A | AMP1-B,CAB1-B etc.
This can easily be done with our software ( i.e. my program can do it to assign a option for dual changing ABCD, or just choose single AMP / CAB ABCD switching like it is working now) . @Piing are you interested in this option?

Thanx in advance folks

Cheers

Setting the AMP or CAB channels directly from the pedalboard can be a cool option, e.g: for fast comparison while you are tweaking.

I don't know why the information to grab the AMP/CAB names is not shared at the Axe-FX III, as it was at the II. We could open a request at the Wish List

Back
Top Bottom