Movin' On Up... Fractal Forum Migration!

Not sure if this is a known problem or not but I tried downloading a number of zip files form posts that were migrated from the old forum and they are now corrupt. I went back to the old forum and downloaded and they are fine.

Loving the new forum though :)

Spence

Can you PM 'fractaladmin' with that [print.css] request so he can look into it? I don't handle css stuff personally.
Thx, I will (and look into it myself first to hopefully offer a ready solution)
-
You've probably also spotted the extra : behind all smilies?

Last edited:
print.css update
It seems this is a problem on my side with an older Acrobat version.
Printing to paper seems to have white background, so I will not pursue this further.

Yep, sysex files are also corrupt. Error in Firefox says that it's a file size mismatch. Looks like anything that was an attachment that was brought over from the old forum maybe suspect now.

If someone can allow to embed youtube's videos, it does not eat more bandwith and will be valuable for the forum.

Is there some preference that I can change so that the forum shows me the posts that I haven't read? Like it was on the old forum.

Is there some preference that I can change so that the forum shows me the posts that I haven't read? Like it was on the old forum.

Click "New Posts" and the ones that are bold you have not read since new posts have been submitted to them.

Click "New Posts" and the ones that are bold you have not read since new posts have been submitted to them.

No, that doesn't work correctly (the same way as on the old forum). I checked it and I had 16 unread posts there. I didn't read any of those and an hour later when I come back there's only 2 unread posts there.

No, that doesn't work correctly (the same way as on the old forum). I checked it and I had 16 unread posts there. I didn't read any of those and an hour later when I come back there's only 2 unread posts there.

Because they are timed out based on your cookie.

Once you read posts here, click on "mark posts as read" and you'll find it working.

Because they are timed out based on your cookie.

Once you read posts here, click on "mark posts as read" and you'll find it working.

Ok, can that cookie based timeout be changed? The old forum didn't time out ever. If i didn't read something, it was always marked as not read. I liked that way better because then I could go and continue reading those topics whenever I had the time. Of course I had a lots of unread posts and it kept growing all the time but it didn't bother me.

Ok, can that cookie based timeout be changed? The old forum didn't time out ever. If i didn't read something, it was always marked as not read. I liked that way better because then I could go and continue reading those topics whenever I had the time. Of course I had a lots of unread posts and it kept growing all the time but it didn't bother me.
Yeah it had been working like the old forum did until about a day or two ago. It seemed like someone went in there and changed it back to where the timeout is shorter. It kind of sucks this way. :)

Yeah it had been working like the old forum did until about a day or two ago. It seemed like someone went in there and changed it back to where the timeout is shorter. It kind of sucks this way. :)

I changed it to how we do TGP because folks were complaining.

:D

I can't win! :D

I'll talk to Matt about it and we'll go from there. Thanks for your input guys, we are trying to make everyone happy... but that's not easy.

if the smilies are like the old forum, make the timeout like the old forum
(I kinda liked the short-lived new smilies... :p :D)

I changed it to how we do TGP because folks were complaining.

:D

I can't win! :D

I'll talk to Matt about it and we'll go from there. Thanks for your input guys, we are trying to make everyone happy... but that's not easy.
Yeah, for TGP there is SO much more traffic that it can get hairy, but over here I can't get to this place until the evening most of the time and I know that there were more than 4 posts made for the day.

But I understand that most of the time there is no winning when it comes to a bunch of people used to how something works for them personally and that's obviously the best way to do it. ;)

Search issue

Is there a way to search the forum using a phrase instead of keywords? I tried searching on a four-word phrase by putting the phrase in quotes, but Search rejected all four terms individually as being "too common, too short, too long, or..." :(

Back
Top Bottom