Most desired tones that you don't already have?

Doug Aldrich crunch. That tone is simply above my pay grade I guess, can't dial it in with any amp I own or the Fractal.
is there a specific era your going for ? He has many bands , like Whitesnake?
if you have a les Paul his Suhr Pickups would help to . also most of his amps were modded by Suhr / Cameron early on a CCV could Gert there too

is there a specific era your going for ? He has many bands , like Whitesnake?
if you have a les Paul his Suhr Pickups would help to . also most of his amps were modded by Suhr / Cameron early on a CCV could Gert there too
Whitesnake period, some of the best rock tones I've ever heard! I have a LP and kinda like the DiMarzio's I have in it at the moment (Super D, Super D neck). I also have a Suhr Modern Pro but not with his sig pups (sadly!)

I'll keep messing with the Fractal. That tone, at least the core of it, is in there somewhere lol....the ironic thing is, I bet I can get closer with my Axe Fx III than I can with my two real amps as both of those truly have their own vibe (Soldano, Bogner) and it's not the Aldirch thing haha!

I have it like 92% of the way there... But Brad Paisley tone would be soooooo awesome. I know Andy Wood has a present on it and it's close but maybe my hands just are not there.... I mean it's Andy and Brad.... Monster players. But Brad's tone would be amazing. Also I am a 90's kid so a CKY preset would be awesome. Also one last request, a HUGE Muse guitar tone would be cool. So in all: Brad Paisley, CKY, and Muse. I just need to put in the time to get those and maybe will soon.

I have it like 92% of the way there... But Brad Paisley tone would be soooooo awesome. I know Andy Wood has a present on it and it's close but maybe my hands just are not there.... I mean it's Andy and Brad.... Monster players. But Brad's tone would be amazing. Also I am a 90's kid so a CKY preset would be awesome. Also one last request, a HUGE Muse guitar tone would be cool. So in all: Brad Paisley, CKY, and Muse. I just need to put in the time to get those and maybe will soon.
Brad is a Zwreck and a Tele
To get close take a DRZ
Change your tone stack to
TW Liverpool

Whitesnake period, some of the best rock tones I've ever heard! I have a LP and kinda like the DiMarzio's I have in it at the moment (Super D, Super D neck). I also have a Suhr Modern Pro but not with his sig pups (sadly!)

I'll keep messing with the Fractal. That tone, at least the core of it, is in there somewhere lol....the ironic thing is, I bet I can get closer with my Axe Fx III than I can with my two real amps as both of those truly have their own vibe (Soldano, Bogner) and it's not the Aldirch thing haha!
I will look into mine see if I can get something
So from the Bad for Good album ?

I will look into mine see if I can get something
So from the Bad for Good album ?

That would be awesome and yes, good call on the album. His tone is always thick, angry, punchy and articulate...and those low mids, that's where I fail lol, can't seem to dial that part in. Even when he uses something other than a modded Marshall he still gets those low mids, pfft...like here, with a Blackstar amp, it's still there, not as nice as his Marshall tone but impressive IMO (non-colored tone starts around 4:45, pretty handy reference point)...

I’m sure the secret sauce is finding THE right ir.

I have the same thing with kotzen tones. Seems simple but not at all lol.

Sykes Whitesnake '87 tone. A preset using the updated amp modeling would be killer. In my opinion one of the greatest rock tones of all time.

A really good Eric Johnson Tone. all the ones I found where basically not quite there yet.

Not to toot my own horn but I’m quite proud of this one:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/a-compilation-eric-johnson-rig-preset.200552/

I don’t know what I could possibly do to get it closer but a couple of Captains SuperEars probably could.

As for what I’d like, a variety of Vai sounds. It’s easy to get pretty close but there are some I’d be interested to see the ins and outs.

This one is kinda dumb but one of the first videos Jared Dines showed for this years Shred Collab had a dude with a shaved and tattoo’d head that had a beautiful tone. Sharing Jared’s description, it was like honey lol

Not to toot my own horn but I’m quite proud of this one:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/a-compilation-eric-johnson-rig-preset.200552/

I don’t know what I could possibly do to get it closer but a couple of Captains SuperEars probably could.

As for what I’d like, a variety of Vai sounds. It’s easy to get pretty close but there are some I’d be interested to see the ins and outs.

This one is kinda dumb but one of the first videos Jared Dines showed for this years Shred Collab had a dude with a shaved and tattoo’d head that had a beautiful tone. Sharing Jared’s description, it was like honey lol
I keep meaning to check out that preset of yours, bookmarked and everything, haven't got there.

What's that Jarend Dines thing you're talking about?
Got a link?

Sorry. I was on my phone and couldn't link. I'm at the iMac now so:

13:20. Same dude as in the thumbnail. I'm guessing that it's a very easy tone to figure out but I don't know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom