Most desired tones that you don't already have?

Give this a go... Hopefully ya dig... I watched Zakk's rig rundown and based my pedal/amp selections of that... of course a lot is going to be in the fingers.The phaser and flanger are there if you want em, but the chorus to my ears is essential to Zakk's live tone (in the studio he said the chorusing is often the effect of the multitracking). Cheers and thanks for your patience. I've been busy.
Thank you so much! I can’t wait to give it a try.

But I remember this one the most because of the 80's area

Ironically on his last tour Zappa, who was using really complex setups to create his guitar sounds was going with a rather simple Strat Clean Sound. Do you have any suggestions or maybe presets to get closer to the sounds I am looking for. It's cool that you met Dweezil. I saw Zappa on his last tour in Cologne, Germany and Dweezil some while ago in Munich. Both concerts were something very special.

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time.

Just download superdave0422’s Gallien Krueger 250RL patch on Axe Change. You can hear it in action in my video. Also you can hear my Steve Harris patch that is also on Axe Change. If you search Steve Harris you’ll find it (Axe III patch). For an authentic Steve Harris tone you’ll want a P Bass with SPB Seymour Duncan’s, preferably a badass bridge and flatwounds. Heavy, Clanky attack with the fingers. But I made the patch based off of Steve’s isolated Wasted Years bass stem. The frequencies and tone felt about 95% there and as you can hear in the mix in my video it’s pretty much identical to the album mix lol (I just recorded on top of Nicko’s isolated drum track)

Cheers and UP THE IRONS!!!

OK I GOT ONE no one would ever think of mentioning the amazing BUCKETHEAD that soothsayer tone or the song redeem team or tomorrow wars . now your talking!!

and I would throw cash at anyone who gets the lazer gun sounds right

what I do know is he used a 5150 50 Watt and his magic powers.
I bet no one can get that one.

it's like trying to nail down the Iommi sound you get it to where you think wow I nailed it .. then you listen to the isolated track and say FUK and hit delete and start over LOL

I still can’t get those Richie kotzen tones.

Seems simple but in fact that’s not.

Gainy but not that much
All frenquencies are Nearly perfect balanced. Just the right amount of bass middle and high that stands out without being piercing.

All the awesome tones he gets live are plexis and his sansamp rk and still I can’t replicate it.

I’m sure the sauce on the fractal is the ir as the amp are unbelievably accurate.

Gainy but not that much
All frenquencies are Nearly perfect balanced. Just the right amount of bass middle and high that stands out without being piercing.

All the awesome tones he gets live are plexis and his sansamp rk and still I can’t replicate it.

I’m sure the sauce on the fractal is the ir as the amp are unbelievably accurate.
Playing with your fingers?

I've been able to get close to this tone (starts at 1:46 in the video) with the JTM45 model but haven't been able to really nail it. If anyone has recommended pickups for this type of tone (more specific than "50's PAF," haha), I'd be all ears.

Gainy but not that much

Seems like a close to the edge location of 2 mikes
1703386093878.png

I've been able to get close to this tone (starts at 1:46 in the video) with the JTM45 model but haven't been able to really nail it. If anyone has recommended pickups for this type of tone (more specific than "50's PAF," haha), I'd be all ears.

That’s a cool tone. Supposedly a Hiwatt head to a Marshall 1982 cabinet, Echoplex with short delay time and 4-5 repeats + loads of volume and hall reverb. No idea how much the PAF pickups are part of the sound though.

I've been cooking up patches for some of my favorite players... While there are so many awesome tones out there, I'm curious if there were any sounds that you were really hoping to find in the Axe FX III?

Over the last month I've researched and tried to replicate with authenticity the tones of the following players... Steve Harris, Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Zakk Wylde, Metallica MOP era, Eric Johnson (along with the hold delay feature), Robin Trower, Michael Schenker, Eddie Van Halen (along with Cathedral dotted 1/8th note delay), Yngwie Malmsteen, Ritchie Blackmore, Malcom and Angus Young, Brian May (with signature 800/1600ms delay trick)

On my list of ones to work on are Tom Morello, Judas Priest SFV era, Chris DeGarmo, Kim Thayil, Wes Borland, Tom DeLonge, John Sykes, Mick Mars, Dave Mustaine, Chris Poland, Billy Gibbons (Eliminator era), Al Di Meola, Alex Lifeson (Power Windows era). There's probably some that I forgot to mention but anyways...

If there were any tones you were eager to play with then perhaps I could share my preset with you! Cheers!!! :)
As you can see by my icon I am Canadian. I have a love affair with Canadian guitarists and music. Some of my favorite tones are from Keith Scott ( Bryan Adams) songs like Somebody both the semi-clean rhythm and solo sound, the rhythm sound on hearts on fire, the solo sound on I'm ready and Kids wanna rock and the rhythm and solo sounds of it's only love. The list is long so ill suggest only one more, the solol guitar sound on american woman by the guess who. Thanks and happy holidays.

That’s a cool tone. Supposedly a Hiwatt head to a Marshall 1982 cabinet, Echoplex with short delay time and 4-5 repeats + loads of volume and hall reverb. No idea how much the PAF pickups are part of the sound though.
Didn't he play his Tele on the early albums, mostly?

I've been cooking up patches for some of my favorite players... While there are so many awesome tones out there, I'm curious if there were any sounds that you were really hoping to find in the Axe FX III?

Over the last month I've researched and tried to replicate with authenticity the tones of the following players... Steve Harris, Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Zakk Wylde, Metallica MOP era, Eric Johnson (along with the hold delay feature), Robin Trower, Michael Schenker, Eddie Van Halen (along with Cathedral dotted 1/8th note delay), Yngwie Malmsteen, Ritchie Blackmore, Malcom and Angus Young, Brian May (with signature 800/1600ms delay trick)

On my list of ones to work on are Tom Morello, Judas Priest SFV era, Chris DeGarmo, Kim Thayil, Wes Borland, Tom DeLonge, John Sykes, Mick Mars, Dave Mustaine, Chris Poland, Billy Gibbons (Eliminator era), Al Di Meola, Alex Lifeson (Power Windows era). There's probably some that I forgot to mention but anyways...

If there were any tones you were eager to play with then perhaps I could share my preset with you! Cheers!!! :)
Would really appreciate the Al Di Meola, Billy Gibbons, Eric Johnson and Trower patches if you are in a sharing mood. Best to all in 2024

Back
Top Bottom