Mikko, hows the balance on these?
i feel like these might be mainly bottom heavy, however i am looking for a clear and balanced sound that cuts.
finally got a credit card so i can finally purchase, jsut need to find the right cab pack for me, any hints?! :D
I wouldn't say bottom heavy. I wouldn't say bright. If you search for Paul's interviews explaining the Zilla 2x12 design it's all about the ideal size and build to get the low end but getting a tight response.

This would be a hell of a first Cab Pack for sure. :)

I agree. I have a bunch of cab packs, but this one is my favorite!

I keep finding surprises in this pack. Today, I was messing with the ribbon mic IRs. Normally I stick with SM57 IRs. I usually HATE IRs with R121 captures, and I usually hate M160 captures a little less. However, the R121 and M160 captures in this pack are glorious!

This pack makes me want to buy a Zilla modern 2x12 loaded with cream alnicos.

I agree. I have a bunch of cab packs, but this one is my favorite!

I keep finding surprises in this pack. Today, I was messing with the ribbon mic IRs. Normally I stick with SM57 IRs. I usually HATE IRs with R121 captures, and I usually hate M160 captures a little less. However, the R121 and M160 captures in this pack are glorious!

This pack makes me want to buy a Zilla modern 2x12 loaded with cream alnicos.
Feedback like this always makes my day! <3

The Cream Alnico is definitely the unsung hero of this pack. I had never even heard of it to be honest but Paul really loves Creambacks. Well this is now one of my favorite speakers of all time. :)

For those that have been using the pack now, what have you found works well so far?
Which IR specifically, and which amp do you use, what kind of guitar and for what sort of sound?
I'm not looking for any specific tone in my head, but interested to see what other people are using and explore this pack in a bit more detail (and a bunch of speakers that are new to me)

For those that have been using the pack now, what have you found works well so far?
Which IR specifically, and which amp do you use, what kind of guitar and for what sort of sound?
I'm not looking for any specific tone in my head, but interested to see what other people are using and explore this pack in a bit more detail (and a bunch of speakers that are new to me)
Well that's the thing about this pack and all its speaker options: I've found ir's that work with e v e r y t h i n g ive looked for, from the cleanest clean to the most saturated gain tones there's an IR thatll not only get me there but excel at it

Well that's the thing about this pack and all its speaker options: I've found ir's that work with e v e r y t h i n g ive looked for, from the cleanest clean to the most saturated gain tones there's an IR thatll not only get me there but excel at it
Do you have any examples of your favourites so far? Perhaps in the fat-clean to medium gain side of life.

What @Brownmatthall said. :) The pack is very versatile. My preferance for the djenty material has been the 50w 5153 Blue amp sim. It's extremely plug'n'play. Try it out!

Do you have any examples of your favourites so far? Perhaps in the fat-clean to medium gain side of life.
For fat-clean I really like the Double Verb, USA Lead and TX Star. For a bit more crunch I turn to Dweezils amp sim and the 1987X Plexi. Which IR's? Honestly I just love finding new combinations and colors so there's no one solution. For fatness I blend the K100 in there. For a punchy low end it's the Cream H. For that cut in the mix it's the Green M. They all have different tasks for me. :)

In the recording section I have an example with shimmering cleans using an alnico mix from the pack and a driven rhythm tone (both on a strat). If there's anything you'd like to hear specifically I'd be more than happy to whip something up

In the recording section I have an example with shimmering cleans using an alnico mix from the pack and a driven rhythm tone (both on a strat). If there's anything you'd like to hear specifically I'd be more than happy to whip something up
That's the thing, I don't know what I want to hear. Looking for inspiration really :)

Presets like this make me feel like I am getting a new piece of music gear for almost nothing. Really cool.
I have to agree with you. I mainly focus on raw presets as that's the way I use the Axe-Fx as a tool but there's so much power in this unit that can be used for creating something unique and special. :)

What if you mix Cab Pack 13 and ML Bulb Zilla!?!

I finally got a chance to make a clip using this bad boy. I've been obsessed with the main riff from "Remain Indoors" since I first heard Misha demo it so I figured I'd do a quick clip of it. The IR is a mix of the legendary Misha Mix 8 from Cab Pack 13 along with the V30 Tight D mix and the Balanced D mix from ML Bulb Zilla. The amp is the 6160 Block.

The drums, bass and synths/ambience are from the Periphery 3: Select Difficulty Producer Pack preorder. The guitars are all me. There is no post processing on the guitar tracks so I left an isolated snippet at the end of the raw guitar sound for reference.

Let me know what you guys think :D

Cheers!

Adam

Back
Top Bottom