What if you mix Cab Pack 13 and ML Bulb Zilla!?!

I finally got a chance to make a clip using this bad boy. I've been obsessed with the main riff from "Remain Indoors" since I first heard Misha demo it so I figured I'd do a quick clip of it. The IR is a mix of the legendary Misha Mix 8 from Cab Pack 13 along with the V30 Tight D mix and the Balanced D mix from ML Bulb Zilla. The amp is the 6160 Block.

The drums, bass and synths/ambience are from the Periphery 3: Select Difficulty Producer Pack preorder. The guitars are all me. There is no post processing on the guitar tracks so I left an isolated snippet at the end of the raw guitar sound for reference.

Let me know what you guys think :D

Cheers!

Adam

That could've easily passed as the original guitars. I don't think anyone would've questioned it. Good job! Really good job buddy! :)

I finally got a chance to make a clip using this bad boy. I've been obsessed with the main riff from "Remain Indoors" since I first heard Misha demo it so I figured I'd do a quick clip of it. The IR is a mix of the legendary Misha Mix 8 from Cab Pack 13 along with the V30 Tight D mix and the Balanced D mix from ML Bulb Zilla. The amp is the 6160 Block.

The drums, bass and synths/ambience are from the Periphery 3: Select Difficulty Producer Pack preorder. The guitars are all me. There is no post processing on the guitar tracks so I left an isolated snippet at the end of the raw guitar sound for reference.

Cheers!

Adam

Sounds awesome! Do you remember the IR mix recipe?

Cheers!

Adam

That sounds pretty awesome to me.
Nice work there.

Here's a video I just did with some mixes from that cab :

In short, it's a really great cab, and will probably be my favorite pack from Mikko ! I think my favorite speakers are the Cream H and M. I never liked the K100 but need to test it with clean sounds.

Dude I like the chain blocks. So your using the gate firest then the compressor. I've been doing a compressor then a drive then a gate.

So I have a question now, should I reorder my Chain to be a GATE---Drive---Compressor? Or GATE----Compressor----Drive??

All that is next is just Amp---Cab

I'm not home until Tuesday so if you have a suggestion, I can try it when I get home.

Dude I like the chain blocks. So your using the gate firest then the compressor. I've been doing a compressor then a drive then a gate.

So I have a question now, should I reorder my Chain to be a GATE---Drive---Compressor? Or GATE----Compressor----Drive??

All that is next is just Amp---Cab

I'm not home until Tuesday so if you have a suggestion, I can try it when I get home.
So any suggestion?

i bought the BULB ZILLA pack a few days ago!
these are usable IR's, though the ones i have tried sounded very RAW and midrangey.
surely need to check them out a bit more intensely.
these also do mix very well with rosen digital IR's!

Hmm... Is this my new favorite cab pack? Hard to say. CP7 has been reeeally good and those are my go to Mesa cabs now and for ever... Then there is the CP13 too and the CP19 which i simply love.

Oh well, i'll have to say it's a draw. I have a place for all of them. Yet another awesome Cab pack and seems to be very versatility too.

Hmm... Is this my new favorite cab pack? Hard to say. CP7 has been reeeally good and those are my go to Mesa cabs now and for ever... Then there is the CP13 too and the CP19 which i simply love.

Oh well, i'll have to say it's a draw. I have a place for all of them. Yet another awesome Cab pack and seems to be very versatility too.
Good point. I guess there are different use cases for them all but the ones you mentioned are really good for high gain and therefore most people love these. I'm actually a huge fan of the Citrus 4x12 in Cab Pack 19 right now. For that Marshall kerrang I use nothing else than the Pre-Rola cabs from Cab Pack 20. Nothing sounds like those amazing specimens of rock'n'roll history.

This Zilla pack however is different. I never received this kind of a positive response. I've heard "this is the best cab pack ever" at least a dozen times already. :) The 2x12 Zilla design gives you that low end but it's really tight. I don't need to use a low cut on my guitars but I still get the same punch as a 4x12. Also the speaker options make it go from djent to smooth jazz. :)

I'm very happy that people like the pack. Honestly it's really hard to know how these packs do before release. I always try to put out something better and not repeat doing the same pack over and over again. :)

Reactions: DTS
Is there a way of purchasing this Zilla IR pack without the other Djent IRs which its being bundles with (which I dont want and dont want to pay for)? If not can anyone recommend another Zilla 2x12 Ir pack? Cheers.

Does anyone know how I could get just the Zilla pack?
Have gone for a different Zilla 2x12 IR pack. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom