MFC101 pics!!!

axetrax said:
Robboman said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but... what will the SHIFT button do exactly?
Bit twiddle: It will (bitwise logical) OR the value with 32, resulting in upper / lower case.

I guess it's to enter in program-mode like on the all access

Robboman said:
GM Arts said:
I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread, so pardon me if this has already been raised.

I like the layout (even prefer the one pictured above), but I'd like the tap to be on the bottom row somehow. I guess it's one of the IAs so it doesn't look promising.

I just know I'll set more accurate tap tempos with my leg vertical instead of balancing on one leg with the the other hovering outstreched to stab at a distant button.

You can tap tempo without a dedicated IA. Assuming the bottom row PC buttons can also send a separate CC you can assign tap tempo as an addition to all of the bottom row buttons. Use in conjunction with "block repetitive PC". Voes showed us how to set this up on an FCB1010 in his tutorial and it works great. You tap a switch to select your patch, then you tap the same switch a few more times to tap in your tempo.

Right now there is not enough info to really make that assumption. On the other hane is has 6 external controllers and you can use an external switch a put it whereever you want. I like the feel of a soft momentary switch, so I use an external switch like that.

thx guys, and yes, that's what I though JJ - the bottom row looks like patch changes which are likely to be patch changes only. Wait and see, but a separate switch will almost certainly be a workaround.

GM Arts said:
thx guys, and yes, that's what I though JJ - the bottom row looks like patch changes which are likely to be patch changes only. Wait and see, but a separate switch will almost certainly be a workaround.

Could go either way on that. You can do that on the FX1 and the liquid foot. Cliff might implement it that way. We just don't know right now.

unless Cliff chimes in. hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more, he says knowingly :D

Hmm... I don't see a dedicated tuner button. Will the new controller have a built-in tuner or will it simply transmit data from the Axe-FX tuner to the pedal? This is a critical point for me as I won't be able to afford an AFX for some time, and a dedicated tuner is the one feature which would prompt me to wait for the Fractal rather than just going out and buying an All Access instead.

Stringtheorist said:
Hmm... I don't see a dedicated tuner button. Will the new controller have a built-in tuner or will it simply transmit data from the Axe-FX tuner to the pedal? This is a critical point for me as I won't be able to afford an AFX for some time, and a dedicated tuner is the one feature which would prompt me to wait for the Fractal rather than just going out and buying an All Access instead.

It will transmit data. There is no dedicated button probably to give you the flexibility to assign it where you want.

javajunkie said:
Stringtheorist said:

It will transmit data. There is no dedicated button probably to give you the flexibility to assign it where you want.

So there is NO tuner built into the pedalboard per se?

Stringtheorist said:
javajunkie said:
Stringtheorist said:

So there is NO tuner built into the pedalboard per se?

No, it is built into the axe-fx which will transmit the display information to the controller eliminating the need to run an audio cable into/ thru the midi foot controller.

javajunkie said:
No, it is built into the axe-fx which will transmit the display information to the controller eliminating the need to run an audio cable into/ thru the midi foot controller.
OK, cheers. Until I get an Axe FX then an All Access should do just as well for me (unless the Fractal can read my G-System's tuner).

Same here :(...

I was told August, and I sold my midi controller... :(.

Now we are going to start a gig soon, and I'm with no floor controller !!! (I see myself changing presets and channels with the hand... I would look a keyboard player :D).

I really hope they can release it soon... in other way, I will have to start looking for other ones :( ... (I think the Gaspedal is a good aternative with the liquid... but I like the buttons of the gaspedal )

Would be cool to hear any official date, (accurate if possible).

September is the last we've heard about the MFC. I don't remember August ever being mentioned, but I know things don't always transpire on this board. Given parts & everything, it could be further delayed, like the Ultras were. Similarly, asking for an official date doesn't guarantee anything -- obviously the last couple timetables fell through as well.

Never make yourself dependent on a non-existent product.

scarr said:
Never make yourself dependent on a non-existent product.
Puts on developer hat:
Developers / manufactures are playing with so many variables in-house as well as out of house it's no wonder they can't / won't commit to concrete delivery dates.

Puts on consumer hat:
We wants our precious!

I am very sorry to report the following email message between myself and Danielle:

We've slipped a bit. Probably not until late October.

Thanks,
Danielle
sales@fractalaudio.com

----- Original Message ----
To: Clifford Chase
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:38:12 AM
Subject: MFC101

Hi Danielle,

I'm sure I'm not the only person asking, but is September still the
anticipated release date for the floor controller? If so, early, mid
or late? I am trying to plan my purchases for the month. Thanks.

Juan Calama

:(, that sucks. i might have to look into the liquid foot... i wish i had a controller i could use in the meantime, oh well.

Back
Top Bottom