MFC101 pics!!!

For me, the physical layout is second choice. I don't think 2" wider or narrower is a deal breaker (for me)

The elegance of two-way communication between the Axe-Fx and the controller and the fact that the firmware is constantly evolving with new features are paramount for me.

So in the end, the MFC and the Liquid-Foot, were the only options.

RacerX said:
You took a look at the Liquid-Foot and still opted for the All Access? What sold you on it?
Features, price (under US$500, via eBay), form factor and portability, product reputation, and stability/longevity of the manufacturer.

While the Liquid Foot is interesting, it didn't make my short list because of the following factors:
  1. Size - this thing is huge. 20" x 10" x 3.5" ? I'm looking for something that will fit in a rack drawer for transport.[/*:m:2xgs3yfk]
  2. Price - At $699 ("Introductory" price?), the Liquid Foot represents a good value when compared to Axess FX1, but it was still $100+ over my budget.[/*:m:2xgs3yfk]
  3. Manufacturer - Rocktron/GHS has had a stable history with the All Access controller since 2005, including distribution, support and dealer networks. I'm somewhat less comfortable with Liquid Control's relative newness and lack of track record.[/*:m:2xgs3yfk]

I am still interested in a controller that supports the Axe-FX's tuner feature, and that displays Axe-FX patch names. If either Fractal Audio or Liquid Control releases a controller meeting my portability and price-point needs, then I'll probably switch. But, as I wrote before, I need something now, and the All Access presently best fits what I need.

i now wish i had got an all access as well...
i bought a gcp thinking that it will get me going till the mfc arrives... and it will.... just wish i had the extra IA's thats all ....
then the liquid foot came out but unfortunately wont ship to australia... i guess if really wanted it i could order it to a friend of mine in the us and get him to send it .... but really...not the point cant be too hard to send something here.... so i guess i will get by until the MFC comes out... but could have avoided if i had just coughed up for the extra in the firstplace.... maybe i still will.....

monkjunior said:
then the liquid foot came out but unfortunately wont ship to australia... .... but really...not the point cant be too hard to send something here.... l.....

As i wrote, that man (liquid foot) won´t ship to anyone and do not react to any pm´s, mails or threads - has anyone sent him money in the last weeks????

I have.

and I now own one. They've been very responsive.

Not sure why you are having troubles communicating with them.

dongrosh said:
monkjunior said:
then the liquid foot came out but unfortunately wont ship to australia... .... but really...not the point cant be too hard to send something here.... l.....
As i wrote, that man (liquid foot) won´t ship to anyone and do not react to any pm´s, mails or threads - has anyone sent him money in the last weeks????
While he may not ship internationally (understandable, considering the probable cost), he has responded to all of my PMs and he responded to your thread on the LF forum.

He wont ship worldwide ??? :| because of the cost of what ?? shipping ??? at the end the shipping would be paid by the buyer ?? (I dont get it... but well, it's his bussiness).

Benkenove said:
He wont ship worldwide ??? :| because of the cost of what ?? shipping ??? at the end the shipping would be paid by the buyer ?? (I dont get it... but well, it's his bussiness).
He might, you'd have to ask him. Since I'm not outside the US, I haven't asked. :p My assumption that he doesn't (yet?) is from other people's comments.

dongrosh said:
monkjunior said:

This is absoluelty wrong. I was on the phone with him for an hour last night. We worked on some issues I was having and he had new firmware up and hour and a half after we got off the phone.

Once again, he responded to your message on the liquid forum!Please go there and read it.

i apologize 1000 times - i didn´t get any mails, pm´s or infos that their was an response on that thread - sorry again!!!!

U2JustMe is right up there with Cliff in my book when it comes to customer service. Great product and great service. Highly recommended. :!: Every single feature request or enhancement I have requested has been implemented in a ridiculously fast manner. And I've been on the phone with him direct several times. Doesn't get better than that.

The Fractal pedal will be out soon, because I just bought a Ground Control Pro off of Ebay. :)

Do what I do guys, buy used, so when Fractal's thing comes out you can sell the old pedal with minimal loss and then get the new gizmo.

Pete

okstrat said:
The Fractal pedal will be out soon, because I just bought a Ground Control Pro off of Ebay. :)

Do what I do guys, buy used, so when Fractal's thing comes out you can sell the old pedal with minimal loss and then get the new gizmo.

Pete

+1 :cool:

just want everybody let know that Jeff (Liquid Foot) get in contact to me and everything seems fine now....i apologized for my brisk action...

I just bought the Rocktrom Midi Mate & Hex pedal - which so far is perfect - though the buttons themselves on the Midi Mate are a bit chintzy. I will still buy the MFC whenever it becomes available and keep the Midi Mate as a backup or for smaller gigs.

I just received word from cliff that the Tibetan Monks have just finished working the circuit boards and Sherpas are presently carrying them down Everest as we speak. So get your credit cards out. The magic floorboard that is between you and your record deal at Shrapnel is almost here.

Back
Top Bottom