MFC101 pics!!!

Guitar-Tiz

Experienced
Can someone repost those suckers here. :twisted:

[MOD EDIT: Changed the thread title so people won't get confused.]

Does anyone (Cliff nudge nudge wink wink) happen to know what finish the controller will have? It looks silver like in the CAD images, but will it be black? Maybe it will be like the iPods with a range of different colors / finishes! ;-)

I think I would prefer a black one.

I am thinking that the CAD drawings are silver by default and that it'll actually be black in the end. I don't want it standing out on stage at all. In fact, if I got the Liquid-Foot one, the first thing I would do is put some black gaffers tape over the logo on the back face so the audience wouldn't notice. Just my thoughts. Nothing more.

Scott Peterson said:
I am thinking that the CAD drawings are silver by default and that it'll actually be black in the end. I don't want it standing out on stage at all. In fact, if I got the Liquid-Foot one, the first thing I would do is put some black gaffers tape over the logo on the back face so the audience wouldn't notice. Just my thoughts. Nothing more.

Probably right Scott, most all 3D cad systems have a default color when creating part models. Those pics are just basic images, not photo rendered, color could be anything under the sun. Anodized, Oxidized, powder coated, etc, etc. Not that it matters in the slightest but my hope would be that it's not fabricated with a brushed finish (shows marks and harder to keep clean) Would love to hear more about the capabilities of this controller for sure. Cliff knows how to tease......on purpose I would guess :twisted: :twisted: :)

I like it in just unpainted metal, that way there is no chance of the paint scratching over time and it looking tatty.

Here are the specs for the MFC101:
- 16 ga. steel chassis. "Stepped" design makes accessing buttons less error prone.

- 21 rugged stomp-style switches configurable as 10 preset and 8 IA or 5 preset and 13 IA. The other three switches are bank up, down and shift.

- Huge 20 character transflective LCD can even be read in direct sunlight.

- Six external inputs. Inputs can be configured as expression pedals or footswitches.

- 7-pin MIDI Out compatible with Axe-Fx phantom powering.

- Remote tuner capability.

- Axe-Fx mode reads preset name directly from Axe-Fx. No need to program preset name.

- MSRP $600. Actual sell price probably lower.

- Dimensions; 16"W x 10"H.

- Switch spacing; 2.75" both directions.

Hank said:
one dimension missing: height at highest point?
just wondering if it will fit in 2U drawer
Yes it will. Cliff said it was a couple of inches. Also he said that the spacing was based on fitting it in a 2U drawer.

Back
Top Bottom