MFC Availability 2013?

if you are on a wait list, you should be guaranteed one before Joe Customer is willing to pay the extra... otherwise what's the purpose of a waitlist if the company is gonna turn around and sell yours just to make a better buck!

No offense but the MFC is NOT "yours" just because you are on a wait list. If you put a deposit down that would be one thing. All you are offered is a discount for waiting. The discounts are handed out in the order they were requested. If you have to have the MFC now then you can jump to the front of the line. It's your call. I put my name on the list in April. No way would I make the cut. My unit will be here next week. Is it worth $250 to not have to wait another 3-6 months? To me it is...

Uh no, I haven't been notified by email that the product is available, and yet it is. And, like I said, I don't have a problem with a company making $ on a great product that is in high demand. Just looking for straight up info, that is honorable practice IMO.
You haven't been notified because they haven't got down to your name on the list yet. That's straight up info, as is the MFC going for a higher price if you want to buy it. For the higher price, you get to go to the front of the line.

For those who haven't been around here very long (which appears to be most posters in this thread), the Axe-II was rolled out in a similar manner. It's called capitalism folks. If you wish to pay the higher "retail" price for the item versus the wait list "discounted" price, you have that choice. It's your $$. Plus, you get to the head of the line. If you don't want to WAIT and NEED the item more quickly then lay your $$ down, get the item. It's not rocket science. It's not hiding anything. FAS has used this approach before. As I said.. your $$, your choice on which option to go with. They are not going to change it, no matter how much you whine about it.

If indeed you are correct vkc, and that is the case, I have no problem with this. As near as I can figure, this is your take and understanding of the situation, has Fractal actually said as much somewhere, have I missed that?

Last edited:
You haven't been notified because they haven't got down to your name on the list yet. That's straight up info, as is the MFC going for a higher price if you want to buy it. For the higher price, you get to go to the front of the line.

For those who haven't been around here very long (which appears to be most posters in this thread), the Axe-II was rolled out in a similar manner. It's called capitalism folks. If you wish to pay the higher "retail" price for the item versus the wait list "discounted" price, you have that choice. It's your $$. Plus, you get to the head of the line. If you don't want to WAIT and NEED the item more quickly then lay your $$ down, get the item. It's not rocket science. It's not hiding anything. FAS has used this approach before. As I said.. your $$, your choice on which option to go with. They are not going to change it, no matter how much you whine about it.

Exactly!!!

The sense of entitlement people seem to have hear is astounding. There are other options for a foot controller, y'know. People want what they want, when they want it, their way. Amazing...

If indeed you are correct vkc, and that is the case, I have no problem with this. As near as I can figure, this is your take and understanding of the situation, has Fractal actually said as much somewhere, have I missed that?

They have.

When your name was put on the "wait list" it didn't say you would be guaranteed a unit. It said you will be notified when it becomes available. That's it.

FAS is going above and beyond to make it's customers happy by inflating the price to those not on the wait, notifying you if you were on the wait list AND honoring the price the unit was posted at when you asked to be placed on the wait list.

As I said, if you don't like it, there are other foot controller options. If you HAVE to have an mfc-101, suck it up.

Maybe I am just in a debating mood but: " The direct price has been temporarily increased to $999 so we can offer wait list customers with discount codes a first chance to purchase." which, in any grammatical context I can think of does not mean, or even imply: "pay the higher price if you want to go to the front of the wait list line" - which I am absolutely fine with!

Exactly!!!

The sense of entitlement people seem to have hear is astounding. There are other options for a foot controller, y'know. People want what they want, when they want it, their way. Amazing...

Entitlement!! Bullshit! It has nothing to do with entitlement. I can't believe how condescending you all can be. It's about fairness and treating your customers like second class citizens.

Ok, let's say you (Kidsfeet and S0c9) have been standing in line for a week to buy tickets for a concert. Right before the tickets go on sale the concert promoter comes through the line and says "Sorry folks, we decided to allow the people at the back of the line to purchase tickets for a higher price than we agreed to sell them to you, so they're going to be moving to the front of the line...oh, and by the way, there probably aren't going to be enough tickets for you to get in. Come back next year..."

Is that fair?? Would you be justified in being pissed about it?? Entitlement...ffft!

LOL, life ain't fair. Be pissed. Do you think the concert promoter would care? He wouldn't.

The issue is not that they cannot conduct their business in any manner they please. I'm fine with that. But then don't suggest that FAS is being fair and honorable in their practice and then turn around and admit they aren't by comparing them to an unscrupulous concert promoter.

The issue is not that they cannot conduct their business in any manner they please. I'm fine with that. But then don't suggest that FAS is being fair and honorable in their practice and then turn around and admit they aren't.

We do not share the same opinions on how FAS is conducting their business, obviously. Let's let it go, shall we?

Be pissed off if you want. How is that going to enrich your life?

The issue is not that they cannot conduct their business in any manner they please. I'm fine with that. But then don't suggest that FAS is being fair and honorable in their practice and then turn around and admit they aren't by comparing them to an unscrupulous concert promoter.

This debate is silly. If you NEED a foot controller, spend the $1000, if you dont really need it, WAIT and get it at a cheaper price. Since they clearly stated that they WILL NOT tell you your order on the waiting list, there is no way for you to tell if this is unfair or if people are passing you in line. By joining the waiting list you were offered a specific deal that said you can get the unit at less than MSRP, IF you were okay with the wait. I bought like 6 of these things already in the time you were all arguing about it.

Ok, let's say you (Kidsfeet and S0c9) have been standing in line for a week to buy tickets for a concert. Right before the tickets go on sale the concert promoter comes through the line and says "Sorry folks, we decided to allow the people at the back of the line to purchase tickets for a higher price than we agreed to sell them to you, so they're going to be moving to the front of the line...oh, and by the way, there probably aren't going to be enough tickets for you to get in. Come back next year..."
First, the analogy is not a good one and also inaccurate.
What you should have said was:
"let's say you (Kidsfeet and S0c9) have been gone to buy tickets for a concert, and had put your names on a list to be informed when tickets were available - for an agreed upon discounted price. After you have been informed that tickets are available on a limited basis, the concert promoter comes through the line and says "folks, we are processing the ticket wait list in the order in which your names were put on it, however, if you want them, we have those tickets available NOW, for an extra $250 per ticket. If you want to pay the premium price, move up to this window and get yours now."

And yeah, the sense of entitlement is strong with many of these posters.

It's supply and demand and what you are willing to spend. Nothing less and nothing more. If you want the lesser price you are subject to waiting in line in the order with which you signed up for that price. If you have the money and don't mind spending 25% extra you can avoid the hassles that become inherent with lines and supply vs. demand issues. It's business and capitalism 101. If you find yourself easily getting upset about such things then work harder and get a better paying job so that a little extra $ for less hassles doesn't impact your life so dramatically.

Last edited:
This debate is silly. If you NEED a foot controller, spend the $1000, if you dont really need it, WAIT and get it at a cheaper price. Since they clearly stated that they WILL NOT tell you your order on the waiting list, there is no way for you to tell if this is unfair or if people are passing you in line. By joining the waiting list you were offered a specific deal that said you can get the unit at less than MSRP, IF you were okay with the wait. I bought like 6 of these things already in the time you were all arguing about it.

First, the analogy is not a good one and also inaccurate.
What you should have said was:
"let's say you (Kidsfeet and S0c9) have been gone to buy tickets for a concert, and had put your names on a list to be informed when tickets were available - for an agreed upon discounted price. After you have been informed that tickets are available on a limited basis, the concert promoter comes through the line and says "folks, we are processing the ticket wait list in the order in which your names were put on it, however, if you want them, we have those tickets available NOW, for an extra $250 per ticket. If you want to pay the premium price, move up to this window and get yours now."

And yeah, the sense of entitlement is strong with many of these posters.

It's supply and demand and what you are willing to spend. Nothing less and nothing more. If you want the lesser price you are subject to waiting in line in the order with which you signed up for that price. If you have the money and don't mind spending 25% extra you can avoid the hassles that become inherent with lines and supply vs. demand issues. It's business and capitalism 101. If you find yourself easily getting upset about such things then work harder and get a better paying job so that a little extra $ for less hassles doesn't impact your life so dramatically.

Wow, I thought I was as clear as could be. I don't have a problem with any of this capitalism 101 stuff, or paying more if I decide to do that. You guys are saying this stuff, not Fractal. They say:

"We are currently processing a WAIT LIST for MFC-101 orders. The direct price has been temporarily increased to $999 so we can offer wait list customers with discount codes a first chance to purchase..."

Seriously, show me where Fractal makes the same claims as you guys and then I can make an informed decision.

Entitlement!! Bullshit! It has nothing to do with entitlement. I can't believe how condescending you all can be. It's about fairness and treating your customers like second class citizens.

Is that fair?? Would you be justified in being pissed about it?? Entitlement...ffft!

WORST ANALOGY EVER - Not even close.

You are in line with the coupon that gives you a great deal. You are standing behind others who got there before you. You can step out of the line and go straight to the front window (no waiting) and get your ticket at the higher price if you want. You play the risk. When the tickets are sold out and you didn't make it to the window you will have to wait until the next time the concert comes to town. Or find a scalper...

You choose how to navigate supply and demand.

Wow, I thought I was as clear as could be. I don't have a problem with any of this capitalism 101 stuff, or paying more if I decide to do that. You guys are saying this stuff, not Fractal. They say:

"We are currently processing a WAIT LIST for MFC-101 orders. The direct price has been temporarily increased to $999 so we can offer wait list customers with discount codes a first chance to purchase..."

Seriously, show me where Fractal makes the same claims as you guys and then I can make an informed decision.

We are currently processing a WAIT LIST for MFC-101 orders. - We are selling tickets to those waiting in the coupon line in the order they arrived

The direct price has been temporarily increased to $999 - You can bypass the line and get the ticket now but the coupon won't apply

we can offer wait list customers with discount codes a first chance to purchase - those in the coupon line get the first chance to purchase tickets at a discount.

What is so DA#@ hard to understand!? Fractal is doing the right and honorable thing! This blows my mind that you feel entitled...

We are currently processing a WAIT LIST for MFC-101 orders. - We are selling tickets to those waiting in the coupon line in the order they arrived

The direct price has been temporarily increased to $999 - You can bypass the line and get the ticket now but the coupon won't apply

we can offer wait list customers with discount codes a first chance to purchase - those in the coupon line get the first chance to purchase tickets at a discount.

What is so DA#@ hard to understand!? Fractal is doing the right and honorable thing! This blows my mind that you feel entitled...

You left out the word "so" between the 2nd and 3rd parts of your interpretation - that changes the meaning. You are probably right in your interpretation, but I would prefer to hear it from FAS.

And no, I have no sense of entitlement, FAS is entitled to charge whatever they like for their products. That is not the issue.

Back
Top Bottom