MFC Availability 2013?

I was finally able to order my unit. Brian at fractal was a big help. If you've purchased a gift certificate and can't find it (as was the case with me), you'll need to contact fractal to get the 18-digit code from it. I found the receipt for my gift certificate by searching my order history, but apparently it's not the actual certificate; it's just a marker of the order--all it has that's of any significance is the order number. Brian tried to send me the gift certificate again, but I never got it. Finally, he just sent me the 18-digit number, and I was finally able to get the shopping cart to apply my $699.

Now, if I can just make myself wait patiently for the dude in the brown shorts...

There will be more on Monday. We can only test and program so many per day. We retest all units prior to shipping even though they are tested before they are shipped to us. It takes a little more time but I'm a stickler for quality control.

There will be more on Monday. We can only test and program so many per day. We retest all units prior to shipping even though they are tested before they are shipped to us. It takes a little more time but I'm a stickler for quality control.

Thanks for the info Cliff Any chance you can give us a rough idea how far out waiting list date - wise this shipment will make it?? Approximately??? I personally will have to make some other arrangements if I'm not in this batch. Just can't wait another month or 2....

I'm sure I can speak for all of us here and say that we appreciate your attention to detail and quality! I was lucky enough to snag one of today's units (I've been waiting since Dec 25), but even if I had to wait a little while longer to be guaranteed top quality, it would be worth it. :encouragement:

Do what you gotta do to ship a quality product, sir. Those of us with patience surely appreciate all your efforts!

Good to hear!

Just ordered my unit from the wait list with all appropriate discounts

First and foremost, The promise was that people on the wait list had first priority, based on their place on the list. before any other customers. Second, explicit promises were made on the sales web page that the current prices would be honored, and that in the case of buying concurrently with an AXEII, a further discount would be honored.

Otherwise, what exactly would the function OF the waitlist be?

Your understanding of it would imply that the waitlist is for people who are kept on the hook for this product, based upon the knowledge that they may never get the product (as long as enough other people want to by them at super inflated prices) , and that the price would be whatever the company decides it wants it to be at the time that they decide to sell it to you (it has been raised another 50 bucks to 800 if you have not noticed) I think that is the "wait to get ripped off" list, and that was not the one I signed up for. Why would ANYONE submit to such a list? Whats the point. You are not guaranteed a time of delivery, any sort of priority, or even a stable price.

Indeed, the clear promise made, was that people on the wait list had priority over others based on their entry date to the list. The clear promise made was that the price available at the time of entry to the list would be honored. If, despite those clear promises, all the units can be sold at 1000 by simply waiting out the people on the list, forcing others to pay that price based on the existence of the list, but never, or PAINFULLY SLOWLY delivering to people ON the list, who will all eventually either drop off, or simply pay the 1000 dollars to get the unit now, well, that is absolutely illegal, and dishonest, and not the sort of behavior that I would expect from the guys at Fractal.

Conversely, if they are servicing the list AT THE PROMISED PRICES, and servicing it quickly (which would mean that I would be among the first, as I signed up on Dec 14th, a day after their stock ran out) Then I would imaging that it would only take a few days to or a week to get the list cleared. and if they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have enough to fulfill the list, and want to sell a few to others who want it now at a grand, then let the market work.

Anything else would be Bait and Switch, and would be illegal and dishonest. So, If I, a guy who is RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE LIST, is informed that they have sold out, or does not receive my unit for many more months, or if they refuse to honor their promise of selling the unit to me at the price available at the time of my entry to the list, then you can rest assured that there is something really fishy, and in fact down right illegal going on.

I, however, refuse to believe that is the case. I think they will service the list quickly and with first priority, honor the prices promised, and remain the company that they have always been.

Just as I knew would be the case, I was invited to purchase my MFC101 as a member of the wait list today, and offered all appropriate discounts, the second of which I was assisted by sales with via Email. Their replies were speedy and helpful, and my unit will arrive 2nd day air. Now, unless I receive a toaster in the mail instead (kidding) I would say that the Fractal team was as good as their word, and great to work with once they were able to overcome the unfortunate LCD supply problem that caused the waiting list in the first place.

Thanks fractal. I am really looking forward to scenes, tap tempo, the floor tuner, xy control, reveal, ect.

So, still no follow up to the notice from April 22nd:

GOOD NEWS: MFC-101s will be arriving this week. As soon as they're ready to ship, we'll begin sending out PURCHASE INVITATIONS in the order that wait list requests were received.

Your PURCHASE INVITATION will include a coupon code enabling you to immediately order one MFC-101 from our online store.

Until a second, larger shipment arrives next month, we will unfortunately need to limit purchases to one unit per customer.

We cannot tell you your place in line, but if you have other questions, please let us know.

OK, so all I have to do is wait?

Glad to hear these are in process. I hope I make the cut! I've been on the list since January.

I got on the list in early April I think. The big question has still not been addressed - will I make the cut or have to wait for the next shipment? Will the people willing to pay $1K bump me off to the next shipment?

Say what you will about their policy of offering the unit for $1K for those not willing to do the wait list thing - for those of us already on the list, some of us are going to be peeved if we get bumped off by a month or more. From the purchase page on the Fractal site:

We are currently processing a WAIT LIST for MFC-101 orders. The direct price has been temporarily increased to $999 so we can offer wait list customers with discount codes a first chance to purchase. Other customers may purchase for $999, or wait for the wait list to be cleared at which point the price will return to $749.

To me, that second sentence is misleading. How does increasing the price give 'customers with discount codes first chance to purchase' if there are enough customers willing to buy up the current inventory at the higher price? On top of that, by not guaranteeing that wait list customers orders will be filled in this shipment, some of us on the list will buck up and pay the extra $ to avoid having to wait, thus being penalized for not being told the reality of the situation.

I don't have a problem with a company raising prices when supply is small and demand is large, that's business. If they came right out and told us "you may or may not receive your order purchase in this shipment is you are too far down the list, depending on sales." I would be absolutely fine with that. I could make up my mind about whether I wanted to risk waiting or pay the extra $.

A couple of possible scenarios could happen given the current situation:

1. I decide to wait to get my email. Current inventory sells out so have to wait for next shipment. I'm peeved.
2. I decide to pay the extra $ now to avoid having to wait and then get the email. I'm peeved.

We are left to guess. If there is info that I don't know about that would give a different perspective or clear things up, some of us would like to know about it.

Last edited:
I just don't get it folks.

They are doing the best they can and have a business to run.

If you read the what it says about reserving the product via e-mail, it talks about being notifying you when the product becomes available. It doesn't say anything about being guaranteed a unit when they come into stock.

I really think FAS are going above and beyond and being honorable. They have to look out for themselves and the price hike is smart imho. Why? Because not everyone who gets notice of availability will order one and if they can make more money on it, why wouldn't they?

I dunno.. I agree with bluesmostly.. if you are on a wait list, you should be guaranteed one before Joe Customer is willing to pay the extra... otherwise what's the purpose of a waitlist if the company is gonna turn around and sell yours just to make a better buck! They could jack around for months waiting to sell the higher priced ones.

IMO, that's not honorable, no matter how you read the email. Lets say I sell my AxeFX to you Kidsfeet.. we have an agreement, whether you've sent me the money already or not... but then bluesmostly offers me $100 more... do I say forget you or even refund your money and sell to him for the better Buck? Not me!!!

Guess we'll see.....

I just don't get it folks.

They are doing the best they can and have a business to run.

If you read the what it says about reserving the product via e-mail, it talks about being notifying you when the product becomes available. It doesn't say anything about being guaranteed a unit when they come into stock.

I really think FAS are going above and beyond and being honorable. They have to look out for themselves and the price hike is smart imho. Why? Because not everyone who gets notice of availability will order one and if they can make more money on it, why wouldn't they?

Uh no, I haven't been notified by email that the product is available, and yet it is. And, like I said, I don't have a problem with a company making $ on a great product that is in high demand. Just looking for straight up info, that is honorable practice IMO.

Just wanted to give kudos to Admin M@ for his most appropriate and excellent use of the most appropriate and excellent word, 'Bollocks'.

:)
And I'm sure under the circumstances, he'd easily be able to use the term "ponce" too :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom