Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v3.0! (FW15.03)

Does anybody know what FW Metallica use on stage ? If I remember right, they started using the Axe Axe FX II before Ures IR. Since this time, the Axe had a lot of improvements.

Guys i got guitar hero sourced pure channel by channel metallica sounds, especially justice album. All audacity formatted. But as i remember it is possible to save channels in wav.
If anyone interested i ll try to supply.

Guys i got guitar hero sourced pure channel by channel metallica sounds, especially justice album. All audacity formatted. But as i remember it is possible to save channels in wav.
If anyone interested i ll try to supply.
Just an FYI. It's actually illegal to share that stuff....

These were really great. I'm not a metal player, but just going through and checking out the sounds were great. I was impressed to say the least (FRFR qsc k12's). Having the tone matches to apply to my personal settings was a great way to check the tone of certain cabs or at least give another "cab type" option. That one patch of the Load album that was based off the AC30 model was really great. I ended up using that patch as a base and added effects for live use. It got me through a rehearsal last night and I thought it sounded great. I saved all the Tonematch blocks as user blocks and plan on utilizing them on other presets just to see what they sound like. It's hard to argue with Metallicas expertise on guitar sounds. Big thanks to GuitarJon. It had to be alot of work to go through those albums. Thanks

Does anyone have output clipping issues in 17.02? My guitar has Gibson 57s which im guessing aren't that hot to be overloading the input. Plus that's not clipping anyway.

To Guitarjon : you made Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza then v2.00 and then v3.00. During all this time, you improved the tones and made a fantastic job. Here is my question : what improvements in the Axe Fx made you improve most noticeably the tones ? Is it improvements in the cab sim (ultra res IR) or in the amp block (there are a lot since FW 14) ,

Thank you.

To Guitarjon : you made Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza then v2.00 and then v3.00. During all this time, you improved the tones and made a fantastic job. Here is my question : what improvements in the Axe Fx made you improve most noticeably the tones ? Is it improvements in the cab sim (ultra res IR) or in the amp block (there are a lot since FW 14) ,

Thank you.

Hi Clive!

Well, for the tonematches I didn't use Cab blocks at all but obviously the upgraded amp block features etc. helped the sound.
I haven't played these matches since a couple of firmwares but I don't think many of them will still work well because of the big changes in the Mesa MK series amps.
It has proven to be a lot of work to do these matches and doing them over and over again with new firmwares will take way too much time.
Never say never though because a lot of these tones sounded great and it was a lot of fun making them.

One more time! One more time! One more Time!!

I vow to purchase your album 30 times if you do it! Everyone else should vow to buy at least one too. Its really good too so its worth the money!

Thanks for your hard work kind sir and happy new year!

One more time! One more time! ;)

I wonder how can i make a tone close to Garage Inc album tones..I always like 'it's electric' guitar tones, is there any document to tonematch or any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom