Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v2.0!

I managed to make a pretty good tonematch from the latest Metontour video.
It's a tonematch from a tonematch of James's previous tube-rig...lol.
It sound pretty cool!
I based it on my own James's live tone patch wich is a bit more bright and aggressive.
Listen to it here:

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Metallica James AxeFx Tonematch.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I just got a chance to try some of these yesterday and I must say they are killer! Metallica should hire you as a tone consultant. :)

GAD DAMN! That is some sterling work my friend!
thank you so much for sharing. I am learning so much from your patches, namely keep it simple! haha

These TM's are legit!

Any chance you can do TM's of Mastodon's guitar hero stems?? I know they had Blood & Thunder and Sleeping Giant.

If you send me some stems I'll see what I can come up with in my tonematch request thread!
I hope to have some time this weekend.
Thanks!

hey guys, first of all kudos for the amazing work and thanks for sharing it! I have a problem with the files though, downloaded the single files and the zip. All files appear empty in my Axe Edit. Also Fractalbot does not work with them... I'm on a Macbook pro, have latest firmware and Axe Edit 3.04... anybody else with this problem? Any workaround? THANKS!!!! Can't wait to try these!!!

hey guys, first of all kudos for the amazing work and thanks for sharing it! I have a problem with the files though, downloaded the single files and the zip. All files appear empty in my Axe Edit. Also Fractalbot does not work with them... I'm on a Macbook pro, have latest firmware and Axe Edit 3.04... anybody else with this problem? Any workaround? THANKS!!!! Can't wait to try these!!!

Double check that you definitely have the latest Axe firmware installed (v 13.07). I had this same problem trying to load these presets when I was on 13.04. As soon as I updated to 13.07 everything worked as expected.

Guitar Jon!!!!

OMG! I just got the AxeFXII a few weeks back and I am blow away by your tone matching blocks! I can't tell you how long I have been trying to do this with other tech like amps and pedals, HD500, etc. I am in rock/medal bliss right now. They are so good I am basing all my patches off your TM blocks. Thanks again!!!

The samples I listened to are AWESOME! Great work dude!
I don't want to go off topic but I think that there is something seriously wrong with my guitar.
I just downloaded your Mercyful Fate (James) TM patch and this is what I got :(

https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/possible-guitar-fault

Tell me that I'm right about the guitar and let me buy a new one on Saturday.

It's a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with EMG 81TWX - EMG 89RX pickups. I shouldn't have changed them :(

Guitar Jon!!!!

OMG! I just got the AxeFXII a few weeks back and I am blow away by your tone matching blocks! I can't tell you how long I have been trying to do this with other tech like amps and pedals, HD500, etc. I am in rock/medal bliss right now. They are so good I am basing all my patches off your TM blocks. Thanks again!!!

Thanks for all the kind words everybody, you people really put a smile on my face!
It's so much fun to share the love for the axe fx, music, guitar and in this case my favorite band Metallica here!

Back
Top Bottom