Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v2.0!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I've decided to re-do all my Metallica patches/tonematches since the newer firmware is awesome!
I'm going to do them in stages.
The first upload contains sound for 'Kill 'em all'.
I recorded a small clip with all the tones in there, check it out here:

I've made left and right versions for the songs that I've matched because the left and right channel tend to sound different.
This lead to some great results.
If you plan on using them there are quite some flavours to pick from.

note: All the patches have been made with an EMG equipped guitar (Fender Jim Root Telecaster with an EMG81 and an EMG60).
Kill 'em all wasn't recorded with EMG's but I figured most metallica fans would use EMG's anyway.

Have fun with these tones and stay tuned for more!

Edit: Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, ....And Justice For All, Black Album, Load, Reload, Garage Inc., S&M, St. Anger and Death Magnetic tones added later in the thread!

------

UPDATE March 28 2014:

I've made a new RAR that I've uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/em7bjufwth...onematches.rar
Note: this file contains presets that are suitable for firmware 13.07. For Fw14 and up download the other RAR posted below.
It contains all the tonematches I made including the 'ThisOneV30' IR by Guitarhack that is needed for a couple of the presets like the live clean tone patch.
Most of the presets feature tonematch blocks but a couple of presets were made with regular Cab blocks.
If you see that a userslot is selected in a Cab block simply add the 'ThisOneV30' IR in that slot.
I should also not that all the heavy rhythm parts were recorded and matched with my EMG81 equipped guitar.
Most of the clean parts use the EMG60 neck pick-up with the exeption of Nothing Else Matters.
For this song I used both the bridge and neck pick-up.

----

UPDATE March 29 2014::
I just finished updating all the Recto tones to Fw14.
For some of the tones I replace the recto by the new Triaxis red models because they sounded better for those particular sounds.
If you are using Fw14 or above, download this file to get all the new tones:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhuaxani3g9w97t/Fw14 Jon Symons aka Guitarjon Metallica Tonematches v2.rar

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS IS AWESOME!!!

man, listening to those riffs reminded me how much i love METALLICA!
i got into heavy music because of them and i also started playing guitar
because of them :)

Okay here is something I tried and it worked pretty cool.

Take a tone match preset, add a cab block, load the bakerman null cab, pick the null mic, now you can add proximity to the tone match preset just to give it a little more low mids.

This actually sounds pretty rad!

Note: I had to increase the CAB block level to 3db to match the same volume level with the CAB block bypassed.

BTW, working my way through all the presets in this thread... just an outstanding post!!! These are really great tones.

AxeFxIIToneMatchNullCabNullMicProximity_zps418933b8.jpg

Attachments

• bakerman null cab.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 281
Back
Top Bottom