Metal song: 5105/FAS Modern + Ownhammer impulses

keshav

Hey folks,

Posting for the first time here.. Got my axe fx just over a week ago, and it's pretty much the best purchase I've ever made :D Thought i'd get your feedback on a song I recorded a couple days ago. It's not really the best mix and there's programmed bass which may sound a bit funny, but I'm loving how the Axe has such a pristine high end, it's made guitar playing even more of a joy!

Here's the clip : http://www.netmusicians.org/?value=9316&section=id

I used the 5105 and FAS Modern models, and blended the 4x12 German cab with the Ownhammer Greenback impulses, quite liking the results so far!

Cheers :)
Keshav

Very good! You only had it for a week and you get better tones than most people that have owned it for a year. :) I like the tone very much. I want the Ownhammer impulses but there's no way to buy them in my case. How are you liking them?

Thanks!

I forgot to mention, there's a Redwire Mesa cab in there too!

Clark : that's awesome of you to say :) I really dig the Ownhammer impulses, and the Redwirez are fantastic too. They make for super clear high mids/highs, and I found the stock 4x12 German cab very nice for that low mid punch. I'm still scratching the surface though, long way to go!

Nice! I just ordered some BareKnuckle P.U.'s for my 7 and 8 stringers!! Using those OwnHammer I.R.'s too. They kick ass!

Not bad, not bad at all. The sound is great. The tune is very interesting. And yes, the Cold Sweat is one of my favorite pickups.

Thanks a lot guys, that is really encouraging! I'm just trying to get this tone to fit in the mix better, it's a little too upfront i think. Or maybe my ears are fried :p

Cheers guys!

DAMN! sounds really good! i am extremely impressed, i have had the ultra for almost 2 weeks now, and barely just getting through all the factory presets and have gone through a few of other users patches, i would be definitely stoked if you could post your patch!

Back
Top Bottom