Matrix GM50

Hey, not so fast!....what kind of boxes are those???

Is Matrix coming out with their own FRFR speaker too???

I GOTTA know more about these! They sound REALLY good to me, even though it's through a video camera mic! C'mon, Matt! John! Tell us about these!

(great playing too, John. ;) )

Hi there,

John put a good write up in the Axe II review section, and has mentioned that further testing is being done with the FRFR's this week.
Im glad you like the video, even though youtube has not been particularly kind with its compression. If you would like to send me some drop box info ( matt@matrixamplification.com ) I will put the audio track in it for you :)

Best regards
Matt

Any idea how the volume level of one would compare to a cranked 4x12? Would these be suitable for a backline?

Any idea how the volume level of one would compare to a cranked 4x12? Would these be suitable for a backline?
We had a quick blast before the show opened for visitors, and then had to turn down for the rest of the day.
We are doing further testing this coming week, hopefully in a place that will allow us to explore the gain knob more fully, against the 4x12 :)
Best regards
Matt

The FRFR prototype kills, I had the fortune of having one at home for a week and got to jam it at bedroom and rehearsal levels, the amp, cab and driver combination really make for an awesome FRFR solution. I've owned RCF, QSC, FBT etc.. and this is in a different league IMHO. Good times to be had by all :)

We had a quick blast before the show opened for visitors, and then had to turn down for the rest of the day.
We are doing further testing this coming week, hopefully in a place that will allow us to explore the gain knob more fully, against the 4x12 :)
Best regards
Matt

Sounds good Matt, keep us updated on the battle ;)

Back
Top Bottom