Matrix GM50

Hey Guys, as Matt says, before the show we maxed out the volume on the wedges (GM50 powered) and tickled them a little with the Axe II which was on around 9-10 o'clock.. We couldn't stand that for very long though! lol So the majority of the day was with the wedges on half volume and riding the Axe to 10 o'clock as the loudest....and we were still asked to turn down a couple of times! So yes I'd say these would compete with a backline easily. They're gonna have to compete with x2 24" bass drums this week and the ex drummer for Saxon!

The drivers are high end B&C coaxial

Here's the patch, for full w/d/w just set the FX mix to either 75% and above. Enjoy!
View attachment 10260
Oh and take out the center shunt running from the chorus!

Last edited:
How do you think these boxes would be with detuner chugga chugga guys like me. I don't know much about coaxial speakers so this is new territory for me. Thanks :)

How do you think these boxes would be with detuner chugga chugga guys like me. I don't know much about coaxial speakers so this is new territory for me. Thanks :)

I'm sure they'd handle it. I'm down a semi-tone anyway and even with dropped D, Unchained stylee, only the windows were rattling! I'll put some bass guitar through them at rehearsals this week and really test them! lol

wow that sounds pretty convincing to me man. I know that must ahve been pretty loud in the room to rattle the snare that much that it was gewtting picked up. Crazyness man!

Wow ... so many new goodies from Matrix this week, it's hard to keep up!

The GM50 module looks exactly like the unit I saw in the Matrix FRFR wedges at the Newcastle show .. can't wait for those to appear on the Matrix site, having heard them I want them! The only question is when and how much ... or if I buy a GM50 now, will I be able to fit it to the wedges if they come in a passive version .... argghhhh so many choices!

I had been thinking about buying an Atomic CLR, but I've still not seen pricing and I'm not going down the "place an order now and we'll deliver it .. oh .. sometime" route again. The Ultra was worth the wait ... but it looks like there are alternatives coming along now for wedges ... so I'll keep my cash and wait and see what happens. Whatever I hang on the end of the Ultra needs to live up to that level of fidelity. The wedges I heard in Newcastle totally rocked. I heard a rumour they had a very expensive drive unit in them so I am kinda hoping they aren't going to be stupidly expensive ... only time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom