Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hey guys -- just a head's up of a change coming to this specific thread.

Fractal Forum moderators want me to wrap all my TonePack products into "Master threads."

Once they do, it won't matter what unit you have, everything in the future will be posted/located in the Axe-Fx III thread for that specific TonePack product (1400+ Naked Amps in this case).

So what do you need to do? NOTHING.

The forum moderators in the next few days will move all those already subscribed to this thread over the 1400+ Naked Amp for Axe-Fx III thread, which will become the MASTER 1400+ Naked Amp thread moving forward - so you will still be subscribed.

The FM9 thread content will then be deleted - but again, you will still be subscribed -- now just to the 1400+ Naked Amp thread for the Axe-Fx III -- AND the FM9.

Hope that's cool!

-AB

Okay everyone - the 1400+ Naked Amps original banks 1 and 2 have been fully updated for Cygnus X2 firmware 22 (AX3) or firmware 5 (FM9) and are in your accounts on my website NOW.

Moving FM9 users will be folded into this space soon by forum admins, and it will become the MASTER THREAD for all things 1400+ Naked Amps.

I've got other things to say soon - but can't tonight.

Read the release notes!

ENJOY!

@austinbuddy Thanks for the update, once again!

To anyone else considering buying one of these packs, I would recommend it, I was a bit worried that the sounds would get left behind as Fractal released update after update, but it's been a really good purchase, and Austin's done well to keep delivering new versions as Fractal's version number crept up. For me, it's been a great way to get good sounds quickly without having to wade through the Axe Fx interface, which I still find really difficult to work with, years later. If you want to get on with playing and not spend your days trying to work out what a cathode follower is and how you should set it, just get one of Austinbuddy's packs.

I updated the other day. I hadn't played around with these sounds in awhile. Holy moley are they good with this update! I only delved into the Marshalls, and the Plexis and JVM OD2 Orange are just ripping! Great job!

I updated the other day. I hadn't played around with these sounds in awhile. Holy moley are they good with this update! I only delved into the Marshalls, and the Plexis and JVM OD2 Orange are just ripping! Great job!
Yep. The firmware is the best it’s ever been/most realistic. Play with turning on that GEQ1 block I added after the Post-Cab compressor if you want the guitar to jump out even more from your speakers. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Heya austinbuddy! I loaded up the Naked Amp presets. I also loaded the global file. However, upon loading the global file (which has +FCLayout in its name), all the layouts were blank. I went ahead and reloaded the OFM9G layouts but of course they don't have any of your customizations. Is there supposed to be a separate layout file in the OPTIONAL_FM9 folder? Apologies if I missed something in the manual. I did see there are examples for FC12s and FC6s.

P.S. I did also see you posted a "beta" layout earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if that's up to date.

P.P.S. I went ahead and just edited the Scenes and More Scenes layouts to have hold switches for CS2, 6, 3, and 4. Think that's maybe the main stuff. I'll go back through the docs to see if I'm missing anything important.

Last edited:
Heya austinbuddy! I loaded up the Naked Amp presets. I also loaded the global file. However, upon loading the global file (which has +FCLayout in its name), all the layouts were blank. I went ahead and reloaded the OFM9G layouts but of course they don't have any of your customizations. Is there supposed to be a separate layout file in the OPTIONAL_FM9 folder? Apologies if I missed something in the manual. I did see there are examples for FC12s and FC6s.

P.S. I did also see you posted a "beta" layout earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if that's up to date.

P.P.S. I went ahead and just edited the Scenes and More Scenes layouts to have hold switches for CS2, 6, 3, and 4. Think that's maybe the main stuff. I'll go back through the docs to see if I'm missing anything important.
Hey - this is a mistake by me in the FM9 GlobalSettings file, good catch. (Does not affect Axe-FX III)

I did not note or check when backed it up for Sept. 2023 zip file that somehow the customized CS and AustinBuddy footswtich layouts had been zero'd out! Not sure how or when it happened - may have been when installed DynaCabs or something...

So...I need to replace the file in the download zip in next 48 hours or so.

BUT-- here is a possible work around - download the prior version zip file for the FM9 from Jul 2022 and install/use that global setup file. ALWAYS back up your own FC Layours "ALL EXPORT" first of course. You can always restore the Factory Defaults too.

Or -- even easier fix -- attaching here my correct and current FM9's Global Layout+CSLayout.stx file. This one also uses the bigger screen "Scene" font on my unit.

This is the same "fixed"file that will be in the zip file by Monday. This newer file says CS rather than FC in the file name.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• FM9-fw5.x_AusBuddy_GlobalSys+CSLayout.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 14
I've had my FM3 for a couple of years but I could never make it sound as good as these presets. Great job! Also, update for the FM3??
Hi @mzajac - these presets were desgined on the original Axe-Fx III -- and they won't work on an FM3, because they use TWO Amps blocks and TWO Cabs blocks generally. If you try to import them into an FM3 half the presets would not work, because it would chop out amp block 2 and cab block 2! Some wouild also likely exceed the CPU limit too. Sorry!

I kinda tossed this together. A list of all the presets and scenes in the Naked Amps pack. Useful for me so maybe someone else will find it helpful as well.

Hey everyone;

Two things. First, applicable for FM9 users only, I replaced the FM9 Austin Buddy global system file. So, if you have an FM9, AND you want to use my system and foot controller layout including CS2-CS^ amp access layout, go back and redownload the zip file from my website (it looks the same as before) -- and you will get the correct one.

The corrected one for FM9 global settings will contain"CS" in the file name rather than "FC" in file name.

The second, and best thing: @Deadpool_25 forum member kindly made an updated list of ALL the Naked Amps presets and scenes.

He posted the file above (and I will again here below), but as of tonight, if you re-download the same Sept.2023 Naked Amps zip file from your account, the updated preset/scene list for 2023 should now be included in the zip file (rather than the older version from firmware 12 days).

Enjoy the tones!

Attachments

• AustinBuddy Sept. 2023 - 1400+ Naked Amps Preset and Scene List.pdf
    300.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I've been playing around firmware 20.02 as well as FM9 3.00 public beta today. Mostly Marshalls.

I'm finding with my FRFRs loud (both a pair of Atomic NEO CLRs, and Mission 2x12 Gemini), I am really liking (used not to like this!) using the Amp block's speaker page SPEAKER COMPRESS, SPEAKER DRIVE, AND SPEAKER THUMP.

Those all default to ZERO in the current TonePacks. Set like that it makes the feel a little immediate and arguably stiffer. The new changes to firmware Cliff made negate the need to leave at zero ( I used to not like the old speaker compression).

I'm finding I like these settings with the Marshall style amps in LiveGold (should apply to Naked Amps too):

SPEAKER DRIVE = 2.0 (firmware will default to 2.0 for most new amp block)

SPEAKER COMPRESS = 2.0 (firmware will default to 1.0 or maybe more)

SPEAKER THUMP = The new default of 2.5 seems good, but if things are bassy, lower it.

The above settings add some compression - so the sound will be a little less loud than when all are set to zero, but you can notch up the amp block by just a slight extra +1 db (no more) if you need to.

The above settings on Speaker page smooths out the tone, it's less stiff feeling and a little less sharp sounding (in a good way).

I'll probably go with the above settings as new defaults in the next update, at least for the Marshalls. It may different for Class A or Fender or other amps, but for the Marshall styles it works great in my testing so far.

Cheers!
Is ALLMANBROTHERS available in LIveGold too? I want to start with your Jessica setup. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom