Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
A little update for you guys....

1) All TonePacks are on sale (discount) until midnight December 30th. Discounted amount is $79 for LiveGold, Naked Amps, and Brit Rock #1 (Led Zep albums I to IV). The 200+ Bass TonePack is discounted to $69.

2) No AustinBuddy TonePacks are yet updated to the very recent, new Axe-FX III firmware 21 public release, and thus are not updated either for any forthcoming corresponding other unit new firmwares (that will soon follow from Fractal Audio for FM9 and FM3 to mirror the III).

Before I update all the TonePacks, need all three units to align firmware-wise before I will put in the volume of work to create a complete update. All TonePack updates will be free and show up in your account on my website when available.

I don't control the timing of the firmwares of course. Wiill start working on updating LiveGold for the III next week into December, and when complete it should port of easily to the FM9 and FM3, once those firmwares catch up to the III.

So it may be very early 2023, or with luck I can get LiveGold out by Christmas/New Years, IF all the FM9 and FM3 firmwares line up by/before then.

Then I'll start on updating 1400+ Naked Amps into early 2023, then 200+ Bass, and last, Brit Rock Royalty #1. Every TonePack gets updated at least once a year, if new firmware comes out.

Wanna be brave and try new firmware with existing presets? You CAN try to use the presets under new firmwares before an update, but be aware the LEVELS can change with Cygnus X2. For Example some Marshalls may sound louder and hit the "red" now, or some Class A amps may seem a little quieter. So you'd have to adjust for that yourself.

If you want to be brave and try that, PLEASE back up your banks in FractalBot first on your existing firmware BEFORE updating to new firmware (and keep a copy of the preexisting firmware handy), to protect the preset amp settings. The Cygnus X2 firmware installation can overwrite/change presets custom amp block values I made in the current Cygnus X1 available version, such as Lo Input EQ in the amp block - those will get zero'd out or reset in Cygnus X2!

3) You can still use LiveGold, Naked Amps, Brit Rock and 200+ Bass on the firmwares that existed before Cygnus X2 without any issues, that is up to 20.04 for the III, 5.03 for the FM3, and 3.00 for the FM9. This is true even if they were made for firmware 20.01 like Naked Amps was.

4) With all this, for now am going to temporarily suspend on-going work on my 1000+ FX Warehouse forthcoming effects block TonePack, given beta work and likely TonePack updates, but that TonePack WILL happen/be released in first half of 2023.

Hope everyone has great holidays!
Hi Buddy, I use your naked amps and 200+ bass as well as a few factory presets I saved and some song/band specific ones from Moke and a few I found in axechange. I’m running 20.04 and your most recent updates of the tone packs.

I just downloaded all the gift of tone releases, and they all say they need firmware 21 to run. Assuming I back everything up, is there any reason to not try 21 with your presets until your updates outline above are ready? If it’s as simple as adjusting levels I can handle that. Am I reading that right that if a preset is silent to go into the amp block and mess with lo input EQ, or could all sorts of things be set to zero?

And at worst I’d have your presets (which seem like updated versions of the same ones I have in the tone packs with different names for the presets, I can get by for quite a while with Jimi/Jimmy/Eddie) and those others in the gift of tone to last me until your updates come out, right?

Thanks for your help, I’m just trying not to screw everything up.

Hi Buddy, I use your naked amps and 200+ bass as well as a few factory presets I saved and some song/band specific ones from Moke and a few I found in axechange. I’m running 20.04 and your most recent updates of the tone packs.

I just downloaded all the gift of tone releases, and they all say they need firmware 21 to run. Assuming I back everything up, is there any reason to not try 21 with your presets until your updates outline above are ready? If it’s as simple as adjusting levels I can handle that. Am I reading that right that if a preset is silent to go into the amp block and mess with lo input EQ, or could all sorts of things be set to zero?

And at worst I’d have your presets (which seem like updated versions of the same ones I have in the tone packs with different names for the presets, I can get by for quite a while with Jimi/Jimmy/Eddie) and those others in the gift of tone to last me until your updates come out, right?

Thanks for your help, I’m just trying not to screw everything up.
Hi @UpTheIrons -- Just be aware, firmware 21.01 will change the sound of some of your amp presets from existing ones including my TonePacks and change presets levels in some as well. But you do NOT have to RESET the amps is the good news, just adjust them to account for bass, treble, gain, and level.

I have just updated the LiveGold Marshalls for firmware 21.01 (not all of Bank 1, just the Marshall presets) and that is available as a Dec. 2022 download now, I expect to have all of LiveGold Bank 1 updated by Jan. 1-2. The rest will come in Feb.-March.

Hi @UpTheIrons -- Just be aware, firmware 21.01 will change the sound of some of your amp presets from existing ones including my TonePacks and change presets levels in some as well. But you do NOT have to RESET the amps is the good news, just adjust them to account for bass, treble, gain, and level.

I have just updated the LiveGold Marshalls for firmware 21.01 (not all of Bank 1, just the Marshall presets) and that is available as a Dec. 2022 download now, I expect to have all of LiveGold Bank 1 updated by Jan. 1-2. The rest will come in Feb.-March.
I rolled the dice and installed 21.1, and it seems like all your presets (the few I checked) sound normal enough. And I have all the gift of tone presets so far loaded up, and they sound great. More than enough to get me through to your update in a couple/few months.

I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year’s man. 🤘🏻🎸

I rolled the dice and installed 21.1, and it seems like all your presets (the few I checked) sound normal enough. And I have all the gift of tone presets so far loaded up, and they sound great. More than enough to get me through to your update in a couple/few months.

I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year’s man. 🤘🏻🎸
Thanks amigo! Yeah on these presets I did not use the amp input lo cut hardly at all, unlike LiveGold where I did a lot. Some amps will have drifted a little, others not much if any, levels are the main thing and then working that Speaker Impedance/Comp/Thump page.

For those who love to "go down low...: Bass players I mean. Just a "stay tuned, 200+ Bass TonePack update coming soon" message.

Will be doing the free update for this tonepack in the next few weeks. Scott Nelson is coming over today. Your sounds should still be prety good form that last version.

Mainly want to make sure the new compressors play nice and adjust levels, and then in the amp speaker impedance curve page, re-work a few things from firmware out over the last 9 months. For example, Speaker comp will globally go from 0 to 1, because I like that setting better in newer firmware. Speaker Thump will go from 0 to 1, but that can be dialed to taste by ya'll.

This will be an update for AX3 users from firmware 19.08 to 21.04; from firmware 2.03 to 4.01 for FM9 users, and from firmware 5.03 to 6.01 for FM3 users. The 200+ Bass updates will come out once a year, last update was May 2022.

Now, the FM3 has not yet caught up to the 21.04 AX3 firmware-wise...BUT, because you get all three unit versions in any update, you will kind of have a second "mini" update built in once the FM3 does, because you would be able to import the updated new AX3 presets over to your FM3 (after the next FM3 firmware catches up to the AX3) by using FM3-Edit and Present Manager (not FractalBot) to import them, and things should work.

My sense is that this will go fast as an update; my firm deadline target is to have it done before end of March and there is a greater than 50% chance it will be sooner than that.

So stay tuned -- will announce here when the new update is available in a few weeks!

Cheers all!

-AB

I know these date back a bit more, but any chance we will see yet another update on Naked Amps as well in the near future?

Thx for all your efforts on this - not easy keeping up with Cliff no doubt!!

Joce

This weekend I started working a little on a 2023 update for the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack...it's gonna take some time (all summer I bet). using my ATC 25's I am figuring out how to rally get the guitars to jump out of the speakers with high mids, like album mixers do.

Thought just touched a few Fender and Marshall amps so far, defiantly hearing some overall leveling and minor gain and EQ things need to be sorted out with the firmware 21/22 since last July.

Want to keep the 1400+ Naked Amp oriented more to home use and recording, and continue to let the 1000+ LiveGold Tonepack handle those who want to play presets on stage (and will keep dialing those in live in the room through my Atomic CLR and Red Sound MF10 , not through pro studio monitors like I do Naked Amps).

I have a few new tricks in mind to improve 1400+ Naked Amps as a recording resource.

Have to put in the Klon Chiron in the Drive block (sub it in, over the oldFET).

Have to adjust the post-cab FB Studio compressor slightly threshold upwards, from -27 to -22. Really this comp block should not be doing much unless (and until) you add a lot of gain or pedals, then it acts to keep the signal down a little, a very light limiter but it should be transparent 95% of the time/not hit threshold for most amps.

Making available in each preset GEQ after the compressor set to 5 band passive EQ. This type really emulates an old Pultec type EQ to me. Really can pull the guitar out like you do at a pro studio mixing console EQ.

May use the DynaCabs if I can get them to sound better than what I had prior. Plus some of hte new speaker impedance curves may sound better than old default ones.

May update some effects. I hope to ork concurrently on the 1000+ EF Warehouse effects blocks TonePack project - that has to be done this year too.

And of course, I need to add a few more of the new amp models....like the new Revv 120!

Because it's packed into two banks, may have to move the bonus presets now in Bank 2 into a separate preset folder (individually by themselves) instead of a bank. Some of the bonus presets were literally first created made 6-7 years ago on the old Axe-FX II XL+. Also, I may drop the "other preset makers" -- not because I don't like those (I do!) - but because I need the room for the new amps. I'll probabyl have to re-sort the amps to be better organized.

A little help -- a forumite named James back on firmware version 12 created the preset .pdf list that is include but not becoming out of date if I move stuff to get it better organized... anyone out there know how to replicate that Preset/scene list he extracted and organized, as I don't? (James -- contact me! :)

I'll keep ya'll posted. Feedback on the above is welcome - my email is heybuddy @ austionbuddy.com.

Cheers!

Dear Austin Buddy!
In 2019 I had an order of 1400+ Naked Amps packages.
I wanted to download the latest update!
But I can't do anything.
Has my order expired?
Do I need to order the package again?
Sincerely, József Kiss
Sorry if I'm writing in the wrong place, but I couldn't find an email address anywhere to write to.
Email: hejdzso@gmail.com
Probably best to post a private message ("Start Conversation"). Posting your email address on a forum is a bad idea unless you like spam... ;)

Probably should have added above that I do plan to release 1400 Naked Amps Bank 1 (not Bank 2) update once done (later in summer).

Doing "partial update - Bank 1" release into accounts -- so ya'll don't have to wait for both Banks 1 AND 2 to be don --has worked well in the past.

And since many of you have been getting free updates for years, I may ask you long-time guys to make a VOLUNTARY donation to a "free TonePack update voluntary contribution" page I may set up on my website (not there now).

I do think if you've been using this 1400+Naked Amps TonePack with free updates for the past 4+ years, it should be worth something reasonable like a $23 Paypal to me -- as a way to keep encouraging me to do these updates annually for free. I'd prefer that operating method over a longer term move to an annual subscriber model or charge for updates directly.

I'm open minded but prefer to keep things rolling as they are in terms of free updates - but let some of you guys who see this has reasonable and affordable to chip in, as an incentive for me to annually update everything.

Maybe I'll add some extra downloadable goodies for those that do this voluntary contribution as well -- to sweeten the pot! :)

Plus I am now sensing that the next Naked Amps iteration is going to evolve a bit in sound for recording I think in a very GOOD way... but people can always revert back to prior version if they like it now!

Ya'll can let me know what you think about the above -- off-line may be best... heybuddy @ Austinbuddy.com.

Probably should have added above that I do plan to release 1400 Naked Amps Bank 1 (not Bank 2) update once done (later in summer).

Doing "partial update - Bank 1" release into accounts -- so ya'll don't have to wait for both Banks 1 AND 2 to be don --has worked well in the past.

And since many of you have been getting free updates for years, I may ask you long-time guys to make a VOLUNTARY donation to a "free TonePack update voluntary contribution" page I may set up on my website (not there now).

I do think if you've been using this 1400+Naked Amps TonePack with free updates for the past 4+ years, it should be worth something reasonable like a $23 Paypal to me -- as a way to keep encouraging me to do these updates annually for free. I'd prefer that operating method over a longer term move to an annual subscriber model or charge for updates directly.

I'm open minded but prefer to keep things rolling as they are in terms of free updates - but let some of you guys who see this has reasonable and affordable to chip in, as an incentive for me to annually update everything.

Maybe I'll add some extra downloadable goodies for those that do this voluntary contribution as well -- to sweeten the pot! :)

Plus I am now sensing that the next Naked Amps iteration is going to evolve a bit in sound for recording I think in a very GOOD way... but people can always revert back to prior version if they like it now!

Ya'll can let me know what you think about the above -- off-line may be best... heybuddy @ Austinbuddy.com.
Totally reasonable.

And of course everyone knows how much you contribute to the community, in a million ways :)

Hi Gang:

Tonight finished up Bank A of 1400 Naked Amps (yay!) -- and posted it as a"beta" to your accounts on my website.

It should work fine on Axe-Fx III firmware 22.00 public, and for the new FM9 fw 5.0 public (released today!)

Status of Bank B? Will tackle/finish in or by in September. I'm out of the country the next week but will monitor any feedback.

Did not include a manual or release notes in the beta release and I have not sent an email out (yet).

But here's what you need to know:

- It's only bank A. Bank B is coming in next 2-3 weeks.

- It does NOT use DynaCabs. It didn't need to/sounds great as is. You can try Dynacabs out on any preset, but remember that muting/solojng DynaCabs also effects the default legacy cabs I saved.

- All the updated Naked Amps presets will have a "-CX2" after the preset name, so you can tell them from the prior version (which was -cx).

- As always, everything was dialed in using humbuckers EXCEPT where you see an asterisk "*". If the preset is ALL single coils, the preset name begins with an asterisk. If there is a single coil scene inside a preset, the preset name has an asterisks at the end of the name. I also added asterisks to the actual scene names for single coils in most cases too.

- EVERYTHING IS RE-LEVELED. The biggest change since July 2022 (the last version) with Cliff's firmware power amp changes were that amp volumes were not consistent/moved around -- so got very low, some too high. That's all fixed in here. Its' going to sound LOUDER than before probably. I also had to play with drive/gain and EQ (very minor) for a few amps).

- For just a few presets, I may have changed the default speaker impedance curve to something else. You can tell in most cases if I did that because the Auto-Dyna Cab setting is turned OFF (have to do that to change it). Usually though I leave them at default.

- Adjusted the post-cab compressor so it is effectively "off" now -- but it can/will kick in as a mild limiter if you add heavy drives that raise the volume above -8db or so.

- Fixed some Compressor before the amp that were old (now wrong) settings, updated DynaComp parameters ot latest defaults for attack and release for example.

- Added a NEW GEQ1 block after the cab, using the 5 band passive EQ. Think of this like a console board EQ (Pultec!). I set it up to boost the mids, but you can adjust as you like. It has low, low-mid, mid, high-mid, and high. The best of use of this is, if you have a amp scsne and it just seems to you like it's dull or a blanket over it, just turn this one and it will push the guitar out from the speakers.

- Added the KLON to Drive 2's C and D channels (this replaced the prior FET model there). The Fractal Klon is just like the actual one (I own one and cloned my two fav settings).

- Fixed like errors here and there... like a Scene that uses an amp channel incorrectly (twice).

- Added (replaced prior ones actually) the new Vai and Petrucci delays taken from the Gifts of Tone collection (public) into those specific amp presets. I added some of Dweezil's EVH phaser/flanger ones into the various EVH presets.

- Any recent new amp models are NOT included in Bank A (like the Revv)- - Bank A has no space to add them there.

This is a BETA release. Do report any issues please. The CPU is good on my Axe-Fx III/under 80%.

CPU should be good on spot check of the FM9, but let me know if you run into CPU problems there. For FM9, just dismantle Out 3's GEQ -- replace with a shunt to get 2% CPU gain, and then switch the Drive 3 Klon from channel C (even when drive is OFF) to A or B to free up a little more CPU.

One I get Bank B updated, will do a proper full zip file/release, update the manual, release notes update, etc. and notify everyone via email.... but thought you guys might want to chew on this beta version for awhile!

I'm probably forgetting a few things... I'll check in but will be away from my machines until August 25th or so.

ENJOY THE TONES!

-AustinBuddy

Quick update: closing in on finishing Naked Amps Bank B, it should be done by/before next weekend.

Then update manual and put it out As September 2023.

Bank B is NOT done or available yet, this is just a head’s up. It won’t be too much longer.

Have to fully re-do the Pre-Amp area JMP-1 model presets for the new 4 band EQ, my GUI shows all the B/M/T settings zero’s out.

Everything sounds great. Did a few Speaker Cab changes for things like the Dumble style amps. You can tell if I’ve changed it because the Dyna Cabs lock to speaker “On” button on Speaker page is set to OFF for any I fooled with. (Am NOT using any Dyna Cabs, but you can try them yourself!)

Will post release notes here too when completed. Thanks for ya’ll patience!

Back
Top Bottom