Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I plan to buy this when I am home over Christmas. I was just wondering what you have by way of pedals for your presets? Did you setup anything interesting? Do you have a scene with slap delay etc?

I plan to buy this when I am home over Christmas. I was just wondering what you have by way of pedals for your presets? Did you setup anything interesting? Do you have a scene with slap delay etc?
There is a slap delay available, in most Tweed amps. One of the tutorial videos talks about drive blocks. I did not create dozens of them, they are a personal thing and I try to get amps sounding great alone where I can. But there is a MicroBoost, Klon emulation (FET), tube screamer for metal amps, fuzz, treble boost, FullTone for fenders, Eternity Love for the TX Lonestar lead, and few others. Drive blocks are personal!

Purchased last night. Loaded up the Great Gig Choices block and was getting ready to spend a few hours checking everything out. Got pulled away but before that I played the XTC RedV High preset through a Headrush FRFR for about 10 minutes.

WOW!!! It sounded awesome with huge/thick tone. Definitely gig-ready and ready-to-go. Will try it at a gig this Saturday.

Great stuff @austinbuddy

Thanks.

I am about to buy this for my AX8 later this week. For the metal, and hard rock presets are the clean tones more geared to go with the downtuned and heavy sounds? Not that it really matters because I’ll just use what works for me, but it might save some time narrowing down which cleans to use.

I am about to buy this for my AX8 later this week. For the metal, and hard rock presets are the clean tones more geared to go with the downtuned and heavy sounds? Not that it really matters because I’ll just use what works for me, but it might save some time narrowing down which cleans to use.

Go right to bank 3 for metal tones. The clean tones that were played by my local metal guy sounded great on his PRS. If you don't fancy any of those cleans just go through banks 1 and 2 for cleans, or bank 4 if your clean is a single coil...

Purchased last night. Loaded up the Great Gig Choices block and was getting ready to spend a few hours checking everything out. Got pulled away but before that I played the XTC RedV High preset through a Headrush FRFR for about 10 minutes.

WOW!!! It sounded awesome with huge/thick tone. Definitely gig-ready and ready-to-go. Will try it at a gig this Saturday.

Great stuff @austinbuddy

Thanks.
Thank you Habuman!

The Bogner Ecstasy is one of my top 5 amps of all time. But check out Bank 3 too, the ENGLs, the Dizzys, and EVH amps -- especially try the Red channel "Unchained" named preset...it nails that EVH song's sound cold - I couldn't believe how close it is to the album tone. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey Austin Buddy,

So I set my AX8 like you said in the video... I left Out1 at +4 keeping the volume at 11;30. I normally run it around 3 o clock on those settings but with my friends mixer I get digital distortion. At practice last night with a different PA I had it set at 11:30 and sound guy came over and said I had to increase my output. I put it back at 3 oclock and it was great. What is going on here? I want to figure out some consistency. At both places I have the gain down so that isnt the issue.

Austin,
I bought the 700 Pack and settled on a couple of amps that I built boards around for a cover band setup (Marshall and Fender amps mostly). I'm wondering how this pack differs and what I would be gaining from buying it? I play in a cover band with horns, use a tele, strat, 335, and a LP as guitars. I have a RCF NX12 SMA as a FRFR monitor on stage and run Out 2 to FOH.

Hey Austin Buddy,

So I set my AX8 like you said in the video... I left Out1 at +4 keeping the volume at 11;30. I normally run it around 3 o clock on those settings but with my friends mixer I get digital distortion. At practice last night with a different PA I had it set at 11:30 and sound guy came over and said I had to increase my output. I put it back at 3 oclock and it was great. What is going on here? I want to figure out some consistency. At both places I have the gain down so that isnt the issue.

That would depend on what was happening and the soundboard. Maybe he padded your signal coming then wanted you to make up the gain. You already noted it would clip set at 3 on another mixer. If you run at +4 and 3:00 into a DAW like Logic or Pro tools with no pad, you won’t like what you see - very hoot signal than can distort when boosted.

It doesn’t hust your unit to do what you said so if pleased the sound guy and sounded great, fine. But I suspect it was the mixer settings. Make sure you tell him to treat your Ax8 like a keyboard output. See what happens.

That would depend on what was happening and the soundboard. Maybe he padded your signal coming then wanted you to make up the gain. You already noted it would clip set at 3 on another mixer. If you run at +4 and 3:00 into a DAW like Logic or Pro tools with no pad, you won’t like what you see - very hoot signal than can distort when boosted.

It doesn’t hust your unit to do what you said so if pleased the sound guy and sounded great, fine. But I suspect it was the mixer settings. Make sure you tell him to treat your Ax8 like a keyboard output. See what happens.

Thanks for the quick response.... I am looking forward to buying the new presets.... need to load 10.1, do backups etc. first!

Hey Austin Buddy,

Let’s look at what happened. You changed to a new mixer, and it couldn’t handle the signal, so you had to turn down. Then you changed the mixer again, and you had to turn up. Sounds like only the mixer changed, and the AX8 was pretty consistent. :)

It also sounds like the sound guy could get to know his gear a bit better. There are adjustments you can make on mixers so they handle a wide range of levels.

Let’s look at what happened. You changed to a new mixer, and it couldn’t handle the signal, so you had to turn down. Then you changed the mixer again, and you had to turn up. Sounds like only the mixer changed, and the AX8 was pretty consistent. :)

It also sounds like the sound guy could get to know his gear a bit better. There are adjustments you can make on mixers so they handle a wide range of levels.

Thanks for the post... I have been using my AX8 now for over a year with great results setting it like I have. Even though I encounter some digital distortion at times I can dial it out of my friends mixer.

What I would like is to use it as recommended (+4db/ output 1 at 11:30) to eliminate any chance of mishaps in the future. Sound guys vary on what they can do or amount of advice they want to take from you. But dialing in the guitar like a keyboard is a good start .

I need some help building up my dream rig.

My typical preset layout looks like this:
  • Footswitch 1 = Scene 1 = clean
  • Footswitch 2 = Scene 2 = medium gain
  • Footswitch 3 = Scene 3 = hi gain
  • Remaining footswitches turn on/off effects, solo boost, etc.
For the clean sound I use:
amp x = 6G4 Super, cab x = F022(2x12 Brown Super M160) & F004 (1x10 Prince Tone M160)​
For the hi gain sound I use:
amp y = Recto 1 Red, cab y = F043 (4x12 Recto SM57) & F044 (4x12 Recto M160)​

The medium gain sound is my problem because in AX8 there is only one instance of the amp block.

Either you use my x settings and try to add some gain. That can be achieved by adding a drive block or increase the amp's drive and input gain with the help of screen controllers.
Or you use my y settings and try to reduce some gain. That can be achieved by decreasing the amp's drive and input gain with the help of screen controllers.

What do you think is the better solution?

Unfortunately amp parameters like bass, mid, etc. cannot be controlled by screen controllers. Any ideas how to deal with this problem?

Many thanks in advance
Peter
There isn’t an ideal solution here Peter because the vast difference in those amps you want to bridge. The Recto is a high gain amp so you could try a lower drive aetting but not sure you will get that low-medium gain tone — your ears will tell you. It may work, but you may need to have the LEVEL go up when the GAIN/Drive goes down to compensate. It can be done with one controller but you have to dial the controller values in.

Probably most people would use a drive block on the clean amp to get a dirty tone they could live with. Choices include the Ruckus, Eternity love pedal, FullDrive, others. See if one of those works well for the sound you want, and make a Scene to switch the drive on?

Back
Top Bottom