Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I bought it yesterday. I just have to go through the hard rock, and metal presets to get rid of the djent noise gate. I can't stand too aggressive of a gate. At least there are other gate presets from the pack I can use. So far so good overall though!!!!
Yep. High for my personal tastes too -- but I was not the target audience. The metal touring pro who kindly came over and played and helped me dial those in had that noise gate set real high for the Dent style where the pick noise goes through but you chug and the noisegate clamps down hard - he made me turn off the slight reverb tooI had initially in the preset template. When I saw how he does what he does, I better understood "why." He'd play these presets live stuff (he tours) -- but you have other noise gate options provided! For high gain amps, they will squeal pretty fiercely when you load the preset if you don't have a noise gate or hold the strings.

EDIT: I really have to stop typing these answers on my iPhone... I get too many typos and then have to correct later...

Last edited:
Good idea. People have asked me and I never know where to point them.
I's point anyone new (never bought before) to the new Dream Rigs AX8 first -- it's more comprehensive and more thought out design for sure. Lot more sounds and options.

The only reason to buy the AX8 700+ Naked Amps over the AX8 Dream Rigs Tonepack if choosing is budget, if you can't afford the $99 (now $79 until end of year) and can only manage the $59 -- then the Naked Amps is still a great and viable choice (witness all the kudos for it).

...I used my Tele and the Dream Rigs Single Coil Tweed Deluxe Medium preset for the whole gig tonight...I added another delay and moved the CS1 to a different F switch...thanks for all your work, Buddy!

Hi,
bought your dream rigs pack for AX8,
i want to convert it for my AXE FX 2 with Fractool but I can't convert Banks,
thought it was a preset pack
Is there a way ?
Thanks and best regards

I would recommend that if you buy this, watch his #5 and #6 videos. Great explanations and ideas for using the pack! I remember the days of buying pedals, building pedal boards, and then trashing it all, just to start over and build a better rig. That is what I'm doing now with this pack, I'll build a better board, new tones and all for just $79! Getting ready for the winter shows is always fun!

Hi,
Is there a way ?
Thanks and best regards
You can convert but know that some of the presets will sound different and darker on the Axe-Fx. The Ax8 has 189 factory cabs and If you have a Mark II remember it only has 133 - so many of the presets with factory cabs above 133 will point to your user cabs instead and not sound at all or won’t sound right. Last, the CS1 and CS2 switch in Dream Rigs Ax8 will convert to Ext 1 and Ext2 in Axe-Fx — and Ext1 would conflict with the Wah in each preset already assigned to Ext1.

At the end of the month after Christmas I will start a version for the XL and XL+. Last I will do a version for the Mark II. So if you don’t own an Ax8 and want to use on an Axe-Fx, you should wait. To be fair, I will offer those versions in early 2019 at the same introductory $79 price as the Ax8 for a few weeks.

Hi,
Is there a way ?
Thanks and best regards
Yes. I have already done it, with the results above. Fractool can convert them with the changes noted. You loose the footswitch assignments of course too...

I would recommend that if you buy this, watch his #5 and #6 videos. Great explanations and ideas for using the pack! I remember the days of buying pedals, building pedal boards, and then trashing it all, just to start over and build a better rig. That is what I'm doing now with this pack, I'll build a better board, new tones and all for just $79! Getting ready for the winter shows is always fun!
THANK YOU. This was the idea! I know it can be hard to listen to a 15 minute video — much less an hour of them — but it is all useful and helpful info. There will be some future videos too with more ideas and tips. I just ran out of time and wanted you guys to have this available for the holidays...don’t forget I have a general tutorial set of videos on using the ax8 such as a focus on the amp block and cabs too on YouTube...

...I used my Tele and the Dream Rigs Single Coil Tweed Deluxe Medium preset for the whole gig tonight...I added another delay and moved the CS1 to a different F switch...thanks for all your work, Buddy!
Awesome Johnny! Exactly - find the tones you live best then customize the footswitch layout the way you like it. Dis you find that turning off the Cs2 Kicker coil boost was perfect for blending in rhythm wise as well?!! Or dis ya leave it on all night? (I probably would leave it on and just roll back my Tele volume knob!)

Here is a comparison of the Dream Rigs 1000+ TonePack for AX8 Features versus the 700+ Naked Amps that may be helpful.

Attaching the .pdf comparison file here as well if you want to print and see better image.

Then I will post two screen shots of the content, probably first half here and then next separate post since can't fit screen shot into one .jpg.

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 10.31.39 AM.png

Attachments

• Comparison of Dream Rigs to Naked Amps.numbers.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
This is what I've been waiting for! This "San Antonio" dude going to order in the next 5 mins. I'm not a metal player, but this gives me the cleans, low and medium gains that I use for church, blues, fusion, R&B, and classic rock.

Awesome Johnny! Exactly - find the tones you live best then customize the footswitch layout the way you like it. Dis you find that turning off the Cs2 Kicker coil boost was perfect for blending in rhythm wise as well?!! Or dis ya leave it on all night? (I probably would leave it on and just roll back my Tele volume knob!)

...just left it on...also used the Tweed Deluxe Low Gain preset...with both, I used the drive block for solos/boosts...I did use the CS1 a few times, but found I didn't really need it...this was an RnB type gig, btw...the bridge pickup on my Tele through the Tweeds was "very likey."

...should add that I monitor through an Atomic NEO CLR MK2...

Last edited:
...just left it on...also used the Tweed Deluxe Low Gain preset...with both, I used the drive block for solos/boosts...I did use the CS1 a few times, but found I didn't really need it...this was an RnB type gig, btw...the bridge pickup on my Tele through the Tweeds was "very likey."

...should add that I monitor through an Atomic NEO CLR MK2...
These were dialed in on a Atomic CLR Neo so perfect. That 12db amp boost CS1 works great for some amps, but not others. I like it best on a low gain preset myself, but not all of them either...

Love it so far, thanks!

Is there an easy way to reverse the wah slope/function across all banks in one fell swoop? I need heel down as off as my pedal is spring loaded that way, rather than toe down being "off".

I know how to do it preset by preset, but that would obviously be a bit tedious. Thanks!

Love it so far, thanks!

Is there an easy way to reverse the wah slope/function across all banks in one fell swoop? I need heel down as off as my pedal is spring loaded that way, rather than toe down being "off".

I know how to do it preset by preset, but that would obviously be a bit tedious. Thanks!

FracTool can do batch commands.

EDIT: nope, see below.

Last edited:
FracTool can do batch commands.
I don’t think FracTool can change controller values. I did ask Alex about that because I need to change all the CS1 and CS2 values for an XL/XL+ version, and it can’t be done in FracTool — have to do all 700 presets by hand for that.

Last edited:
Love it so far, thanks!

Unfortunately, no way to do across all presets with FracTool. I used the toe-down because that is what Wahs do in real life. You have to into the preset you want to use, go into Wah Controller window, and then reverse that value for OFF position from 95% now to 5%. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom