Making the MFC and Axe-Fx III work together?

i just decided to start from scratch and open the file I sent you. What the frick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where in God's name is all the work I did? I cant freakin believe this.... I may have to stop for the night. I get so mad at myself that it's not healthy.......

I am gonna try sending this file to the MFC now. I have no idea if it is what I sent an hour ago

Attachments

• Mjs Dump2.syx
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
your NOT going to believe this. EVERYTHING is working.....

I have some observations. When I switch to a scene where certain blocks are on. the IA switches dont recognize this. For instance. I have Drive 1 on in scene 1. when I press scene 1, the IA doesnt show the switch actually being on. I have to engage the switch so it lights, the tap it again before the block turns off and then on and off as often as I want. Does that make sense? but you know what I dont give a rip. I have FIVE SCENES!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe this!!!!!!!! This is insane!!!!!!!!

also, the edit light flashes on the MFC always UNLESS I am in scene 1,.

so here is my Axe Edit. If you think my life sucked until now, wait till you see what I need to do with my EV-2. I used to run my whammy volume and wah all off the same pedal in x/y states. This means I will have to

A) set up the EV2 for the Axe FxIII? then set up a modifier so it turns off an on? which good lord I am gonna have to fire up my Axe FxII and look at its Axe Edit to see how to do that....

then figure out how to make lets say just a volume block work, never MIND channels..

I should call this a MAJOR victory, get your addy for a thank you card, and call it a night. I am not sure if I am ready to be discouraged tonight about not getting my EV-2 to work.

PS. my increment up down button on the MFC doesnt change presets. hmmmm

PS 2. Upon further review, it IS changing presets, however it went from preset 390 which is the only preset I have made, to 8. Dont know why.............

PS 3. I know why. Bank limit is set to 77. I am going to try and change that straight on the MFC

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 9.44.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 9.44.08 PM.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Rex
Cool!

I mentioned in a previous reply about the IA button states... Not much you can do unless you take a very different approach to programming it. Even then it has limitations.

For the Bank Up/Down issue, you might need Bank Size 1 and not 0. Also, that might be why you get the flashing LED.

your NOT going to believe this. EVERYTHING is working.....
Success! Congratulations!

The rest of your questions and issues have to do with the MFC itself. I don't have on, so I'll bow out here.

Enjoy your triumph. Here's to many more...

Cool!

I mentioned in a previous reply about the IA button states... Not much you can do unless you take a very different approach to programming it. Even then it has limitations.

For the Bank Up/Down issue, you might need Bank Size 1 and not 0. Also, that might be why you get the flashing LED.

My bank limit is set to 77 in MFC edit. I am going to change that in the MFC and see if it works.

(edit) I can only go to 384, I remember that from the AxeFxII. so I am going to move my presets around tomorrow and it will all be good.

I copied my Volume modifier parameters from my II to may three and look at the pics. My 3 will not allow me to max it. you can see the number is 10 but the dial goes all the way to the 7 o'clock position again.

Then I tried my volume pedal and toe down it seems a hundred percent and toe up it seems like maybe 50-60 percent. weird........

ok unix-guy I owe you lunch.Seriously.

All I gotta do now is figure out my EV-2! I am gonna crash for the night. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.02.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.02.01 PM.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.02.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.02.22 PM.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 5
Cool!

So, Like I mentioned last night, I definitely owe you lunch. I see you live in Vacaville. Well I just happen to be going there to see y best student ever get married on October 6. I told as both our schedule permits that I am taking you to lunch:)

Ok, I am not sure but maybe I need to calibrate the EV-2 for the III. Just because it's calibrated for the II doesnt mean it can just move the the new unit? on my way upstairs to find out!

EDIT: Nope, didn't fix the problem. I am going to start reading over all our posts now to see what I missed.............

Thanks unix-guy! Once I move presets 1-284 up high, and move my user presets down low, I will start asking how in the world I can get a block to turn on and off going from channel 1 to 4 during a scene switch

EDIT: It doesn't look like Axe_manage works yet, so I dont believe we are able to move bus of presets to new areas? It looks like one at a time saving as a new preset is the only way?
thx!

Last edited:
Then you have Continuous Controller pedals. These send a range of data values for a given CC number. They are commonly used to control a "Volume" pedal or a "Wah" pedal. In this case, the CC number is associated with a "level" or "control" knob on the block as opposed to the Bypass used with off and on. When you move a controller pedal, it will send a data value for that CC number between 0 and 127.

For guitarists, that's midi in a nutshell :)

I think this MAY be where the problem is? Altho I havent a clue how to fix..........

I attached a pic. Does it have to do with this??????

PS. Ok I have read everyones threads twice. I cant see any info on expression pedals thru the MFC with the III. I mean there is basic info but none really sharing how to make it come to life.

In my modifier window the ball goes up and down the graph when using the pedal, but the volume is not working properly. It only changes the volume level minutely. I am gonna call it a morning:(

Wish I could get this...........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.23.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.23.03 AM.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I think this MAY be where the problem is? Altho I havent a clue how to fix..........

I attached a pic. Does it have to do with this??????

PS. Ok I have read everyones threads twice. I cant see any info on expression pedals thru the MFC with the III. I mean there is basic info but none really sharing how to make it come to life.

In my modifier window the ball goes up and down the graph when using the pedal, but the volume is not working properly. It only changes the volume level minutely. I am gonna call it a morning:(

Wish I could get this...........
Is the ball moving across the full range of the "line"?

Post a picture of the modifier screen (with the ball) so we can see the settings.

Also, which control in the block is the modifier attached to?

Is the ball moving across the full range of the "line"?

Post a picture of the modifier screen (with the ball) so we can see the settings.

Also, which control in the block is the modifier attached to?

Good morning. Yep its moving I am attaching several pics. Its attached to Volume......

It has to be something not set right with cc's or pc's? something midi?

Attachments

• IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2642.jpg
    IMG_2642.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2647.jpg
    IMG_2647.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
Odd... Can you upload your preset?

That appears to be correct.

If the midi or calibration was wrong, it would not be moving across the full range

Odd... Can you upload your preset?

That appears to be correct.

If the midi or calibration was wrong, it would not be moving across the full range
This. It sounds like maybe there’s a parallel signal path in the preset.

Yep solved the prob. I posted a pic. I had in my II 3 parallel blocks, volume, whammy(pitch), and Wah. I would turn them off and in in x/y states depending on the scene. I assumed I could still do this buy just having a different block engaged in each scene, but maybe midi doesnt allow for an expression pedal to control multiple blocks?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.02.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.02.14 AM.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 5
Yep solved the prob. I posted a pic. I had in my II 3 parallel blocks, volume, whammy(pitch), and Wah. I would turn them off and in in x/y states depending on the scene. I assumed I could still do this buy just having a different block engaged in each scene, but maybe midi doesnt allow for an expression pedal to control multiple blocks?
You can control multiple blocks... But the inactive ones in parallel would need Bypass Mode set to Mute.

Also, unless you intend to run the blocks at the same time, there is no need for them to be parallel.

You can control multiple blocks... But the inactive ones in parallel would need Bypass Mode set to Mute.

Also, unless you intend to run the blocks at the same time, there is no need for them to be parallel.

Ya I found that one of the other blocks were set to thru, which is weird because I am so sure I had it set to bypass. I got the wah to work. But cant get the classic whammy right. There is no control modifier for the classic whammy unless I am on drugs.... I uploaded the II and the III so you can see, I will keep working when I get back around 5. But unix-guy, you are the MAN...........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 1.19.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 1.19.28 PM.png
    173 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2649.jpg
    IMG_2649.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Ya I found that one of the other blocks were set to thru, which is weird because I am so sure I had it set to bypass. I got the wah to work. But cant get the classic whammy right. There is no control modifier for the classic whammy unless I am on drugs.... I uploaded the II and the III so you can see, I will keep working when I get back around 5. But unix-guy, you are the MAN...........
Ok, cool.

As far as the Classic Whammy, I haven't tried it yet, so don't know about the Control knob. I'll try to check later.

Your gratitude is more than enough.

Nobody made me help!

I'm happy to help when I can, and I have a knack for persistence ;)

I know but I am still gonna hunt you down when we get up to Vacaville! In a loving kinda way of course lol

Still struggling on making things work as they should but I am so in the game now!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok... The control for the Whammy is on the Config page. Look for Whammy Control.

Back
Top Bottom