Looking for Amps on Craigslist and Found This

To me, he sounds like a butt-hurt amp repair technician worried about the business he is loosing...

Hadn't thought of that, but it could be.

That's really not a good business to be in, though. Not much money in it. I would think he'd be thankful to see the older designs go by the wayside. They're a serious pain in the shorts to dismantle and work on.

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed some cheering up!

AND now I finally understand why Cliff has developed this box... was so that we would all sell our amps at basement prices, Cliff buys them all up and then one day, he stops development on the FX and then sells us back our amps at triple the price... nice business plan Cliff... which I thought of that :lol

joe...

Hadn't thought of that, but it could be.

That's really not a good business to be in, though. Not much money in it. I would think he'd be thankful to see the older designs go by the wayside. They're a serious pain in the shorts to dismantle and work on.

I agree 100%. I think that eventually, tube guitar amps will become a luxury/collector’s item; since modelers are getting better and closer to the real deal (not just the Axe, which in my opinion is better than a tube amp already).

First off he doesn't even know how to spell it correctly. Looks like he may fit in the goofball cl posters that are selling their "chester drawers" or having a "garage sell"

Second, I sold all my solid state amps. What does he know!?

Really! Would you buy anything from this moron. If that is the only way he can sell his gear I feel sorry for him. If the gear is good it will stand on its own. No need to put down what other people are using.

Peace,

Mj

Hmm ... anybody search the forum for "spend that extra time learning to play more than 5 power chords?" :lol

I thought I saw something like that on this forum ... maybe it was on another forum?

Fractal Audio MUST be making some kind of inroads to the amp community for that guy to post what he did.

Maybe he feels "threatened" somehow?

Though I cannot imagine why.....the axe fx is just modeling the tones of great amps...what is so threatening about that?

Yeah, I have to agree. When a lifestyle (or part of) is percieved to be under threat, there's an inevitable backlash which is unjustifiable. After a period of time, the backlash subsides and people settle back down, incorporating the change and it becomes the status quo until another thing emerges.

It's also why I don't frequent any other gear or music forum. IMHO, their reputations absolutely suck with unreviewed advice that can be misleading, false, or even downright harmful to a new guitar player, and the construction of and questionable modding on these fora (Ultimate Guitar, Harmony Central, TGP, notably) are detrimental to both the guitar players status as a musician in the wider music field and also to the development of new players and their development of informed opinions. The existence of Ultimate Guitar and the like, with a plethora of plainly shite 'tabs' that don't have any form of musical rhythmic notation hold back knowledge of rhythm, even though composers (Bach, for example) used tab as a means of composition (and it essentially predates staff notation) quite successfully. Also, copying and pasting a news article without checking sources doesn't make a person a news journalist.

Ok, rant over. Sorry about that! I'm off to get a valium. ;)

On the plus side, there are people like Marty Schwarz, Justin Sandercoe, and Andrew Wasson who are using the net to do wonderful things regarding guitar instruction and teaching.

I wouldn't even dignify this ass clown with a response. Some people are literally too stupid to insult. This is what happens people when your mother and father are siblings.

Even if he's right, who wants a triple recto at night for recording/practicing. It seems pretty obvious to me the only answer is to own both.

Reactions: ALE
Back
Top Bottom