Lo Pro Edge trem block torn apart by itself. Need block replacement (or new guitar)

Schaller discontinued manufacturing the Tremstop a while ago, but it is still available at some shops. From $13 at Thomann to more than $30 on Reverb or eBay. See if you can find it at your local store before the scalpers take control of the remaining stock.

It is cheaper and more efficient than all these claws, latches, temstoppers, ZPS3, tremolnos, backboxes, stabilizers, hipshot setters and all that shit that goes inside the spring cavity. It is instantly engaged/disengaged from the front, and it doesn't affect at all the sensitivity of the bridge while it is not engaged. It affects the aesthetics, but who cares? good guitars are meant to be played, not for a pedigree show.

It can be attached with a double-side tape or with small screws. I've had them many years with the double-side tape without issues.

I have another at my American Deluxe Strat
20210629_155110.jpg

Last edited:
Schaller discontinued manufacturing the Tremstop a while ago, but it is still available at some shops. From $13 at Thomann to more than $30 on Reverb or eBay. See if you can find it at your local store before the scalpers take control of the remaining stock.

It is cheaper and more efficient than all these claws, latches, temstoppers, ZPS3, tremolnos, backboxes, hipshot setters and all that shit that goes inside the spring cavity. It is instantly engaged/disengaged from the front, and it doesn't affect at all the sensitivity of the bridge while it is not engaged. It affects the aesthetics, but who cares? good guitars are to be played, not for a pedigree show.

It can be attached with a double-side tape or with small screws. I've had them many years with the double-side tape without issues.

I have another at my American Deluxe Strat
View attachment 103064
I had an issue with attaching rubber to a guitar, it melted the finish. I presume/hope this is not an issue for you. Just bringing it up because I needed to send the guitar away to be refinished.

trem stabilyzer.jpg
This is the trem stabilizer, by ESP, that I've been using for years. Tightening the springs via the claw sets the feel for diving flat, while the spring in the middle sets the pre load for resisting pitch movement under bending and sets the feel for pulling sharp. The knurled nut at the end is used to set the length of the actuator. This will set how parallel the bridge sits to the body. On Strats, I move it just forward enough to allow a little bit of pulling sharp.

After replacing the trem-block I brought the guitar to a luthier for a fret leveling and dressing. He grabbed the guitar from the case without noticing that the trem was unattached, without strings and springs, and the lo-pro edge did fall to the floor.

I didn't noticed the damage. But now I find that I cannot properly fine-tune the 1st string because the screw is crippled :eek:
20220611_134915.jpg

This is never-ending.

The fine-tune screw can be purchased separately. Part# 2LE27B. But I hope that the female thread is not damaged.

Last edited:
After replacing the trem-block I brought the guitar to a luthier for a fret leveling and dressing. He grabbed the guitar from the case without noticing that the trem was unattached, without strings and springs, and the lo-pro edge did fall to the floor.

I didn't noticed the damage. But now I find that I cannot properly fine-tune the 1st string because the screw is crippled :eek:
View attachment 103357

This is never-ending.

The fine-tune screw can be purchased separately. Part# 2LE27B. But I hope that the female thread is not damaged.
It's just the screw, swap it out and it'll be fine. The bigger question is why did your "luthier" not repair that himself before giving the guitar back to you? I know I'd never do that to a client. Just reach into the parts bin and replace it. Hell I'd order a new one if that's what it took.

I had an issue with attaching rubber to a guitar, it melted the finish. I presume/hope this is not an issue for you. Just bringing it up because I needed to send the guitar away to be refinished.
Lacquer finished generally don't take well to adhesives. With a poly finish, no problem.

View attachment 103357

This is never-ending.

FFS

Rich at Ibanezrules probably has one of those in stock. 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom