• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Latency of Axe-Fx II vs Axe-Fx III?

DLC86

Power User
Axe-Fx II latency (and thus also the III) is 1 ms.
Hmmm.. There's some controversial info on the wiki :

"Axe-Fx II
(Axe-Fx II) "All the amps have the same "latency" and it is so low as to be imperceptible. The total system latency is about 1ms." source
AX8
(AX8) "The latency is the same as the Axe-Fx II." source
(AX8) "Latency is fixed and does not change with CPU usage. It's less than 2 ms." source"

Whatever it is, it's low enough for me :)

yek

Hmmm.. There's some controversial info on the wiki :

"Axe-Fx II
(Axe-Fx II) "All the amps have the same "latency" and it is so low as to be imperceptible. The total system latency is about 1ms." source
AX8
(AX8) "The latency is the same as the Axe-Fx II." source
(AX8) "Latency is fixed and does not change with CPU usage. It's less than 2 ms." source"

Whatever it is, it's low enough for me :)
What's the controversial part? 1ms is less than 2ms.

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
Note that sound travels like, .6 meters in 2ms. So unless you are a comic book character or something if you 'feel' that delay it is in your head. fun fact: You would have to be playing at 30000 bpm for 2ms quarter note. Or about half as fast as Michael Angelo Batio typically does (who *is* a comic book character, as near as I can tell).

Last edited:

FreeMind

Power User
You get a higher latency from having a longer cable than you do from the axe FX...
The amount of latency in the axe is so small that it shouldn't bother anyone at all.

Top Bottom