Latency of Axe-Fx II vs Axe-Fx III?

Axe-Fx II latency (and thus also the III) is 1 ms.
Hmmm.. There's some controversial info on the wiki :

"Axe-Fx II
(Axe-Fx II) "All the amps have the same "latency" and it is so low as to be imperceptible. The total system latency is about 1ms." source
AX8
(AX8) "The latency is the same as the Axe-Fx II." source
(AX8) "Latency is fixed and does not change with CPU usage. It's less than 2 ms." source"

Whatever it is, it's low enough for me :)

Hmmm.. There's some controversial info on the wiki :

"Axe-Fx II
(Axe-Fx II) "All the amps have the same "latency" and it is so low as to be imperceptible. The total system latency is about 1ms." source
AX8
(AX8) "The latency is the same as the Axe-Fx II." source
(AX8) "Latency is fixed and does not change with CPU usage. It's less than 2 ms." source"

Whatever it is, it's low enough for me :)

What's the controversial part? 1ms is less than 2ms.

I have to walk pretty far away from my cabinet before I notice any latency at all - which is the same as if I had a regular amp. On stage, it's totally imperceptible to me.

Total latency is 4ms through my interface, and that's perfectly acceptable to me.

Note that sound travels like, .6 meters in 2ms. So unless you are a comic book character or something if you 'feel' that delay it is in your head. fun fact: You would have to be playing at 30000 bpm for 2ms quarter note. Or about half as fast as Michael Angelo Batio typically does (who *is* a comic book character, as near as I can tell).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom