Just updated my AX8 and now my screen is scrambling. Help!

I haven't touch anything in months and tonight I had free time to finally update my unit to the newest firmware.
Everything sounds good, but now my screen starts scrambling and I can't read it...nor can I navigate from bank to bank. The only way to make it stop is to turn it off and then back on again. It'll work fine for awhile but then when I switch banks it starts doing it again

Anyone else have this happen??

Also! I was saving presets to different banks so I could change the amps within the preset and it let me re-name the first couple but then it reverted back to the original name that I had named it. For example, if I saved a 50w Marshall to bank 24:1 and moved that preset to bank 24:5 and chose a CATriptik and hit 'save' it was still named 50w Marshall...but it said CA Triptik as the amp being used uner the big name block. Just weird

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe you are switching to a preset that is corrupt. I'd scroll through the presets one by one until you find the offender. If you find this is the case just overwrite that preset with a good one.

It's possible other things maybe wrong that could require a system reset, firmware reload , etc.

The OP sent a video of what he's describing to me this evening. The screen appears to be quickly cycling through various pages like you'd see in setup, the preset screen with the footswitch assignments, etc...very quickly. I've never seen anything like it before with my unit.

Sometimes the physical buttons can get stuck in the down position. Hasn't happened to me but I've seen others mention it. You should contact support. Seems to be your Page button.

i have the same problem with my new (2 day old) unit. can stop it with the exit-button. normaly i dont look down to my unit, but to my ax8-edit. firmware or hardware problem?

thx for help. it was a stuck button.

i tried this:
... Perhaps it is a dirty switch contact.

Please try the following steps to clear the button of any dust:
1) Turn the AX8 off.
2) Press down firmly on the EDIT button for a second or two.
3) Rapidly press the EDIT button a good half-dozen times.
4) Power the AX8 back on.

and there is no srambling-problem so far.

I had the same problem with my 3 days old AX8 with the newest fw,
suddenly the display went bananas while rehersing with a band.
The sound also change like switching between two presets.
I hit the the edit/exit, and page switches many times, and suddenly the display was ok.
Is this a bad batch of switches on the AX8 since several people have had the same problem?
A brand new product should not have problems with dust in the switches.
I hope someone has a good answer, because I do not dare to use the AX8 live if it fails after 3 days...

The OP sent a video of what he's describing to me this evening. The screen appears to be quickly cycling through various pages like you'd see in setup, the preset screen with the footswitch assignments, etc...very quickly. I've never seen anything like it before with my unit.

Mine has done that several times. Always when I was hooked up to my computer. I just turn the AX8 off and on again and it comes back to normal. I think it's happened about 4 or 5 times since I got my AX8 in late December.

Mine does this every time I use the AX8 edit. About 15 mins in editing on the AX8 edit, the screen goes haywire. I really don't think its the button because if it's the button, then why it doesn't it go berserk when I first turn it on? I can get it back to normal if I push some other black menu buttons, but I prefer to get this rectify forever. Anyone?

Mine does this every time I use the AX8 edit. About 15 mins in editing on the AX8 edit, the screen goes haywire.
Sounds like a stuck button.

I really don't think its the button because if it's the button, then why it doesn't it go berserk when I first turn it on?
Because stuck buttons don't always stay stuck.

It sounds as if the AX8 is cycling through the blocks as if the EDIT button on the AX8 is being triggered. Perhaps it is a dirty switch contact.

Please try the following steps to clear the button of any dust:

1) Turn the AX8 off.
2) Press down firmly on the EDIT button for a second or two.
3) Rapidly press the EDIT button a good half-dozen times.
4) Power the AX8 back on.

Back
Top Bottom