Just a farewell thanks to Fractal and all the forum users

Thanks so much-you folks are the best-Slide - actually I used to so maybe- I can play, but have to stop after about 15 minutes tops, wait about 5-10 minutes and so on,

Thanks very much for the kind words. I'm going to leave my account open and peek in now and then.

Interesting Story to read or not:

In the late 70's I had to pawn a martin guitar (Vero Beach, Florida) and the pawn shop guy was old (like me now) He had some serious arthritis, was easy to see-looked bad. He said he used to play guitar for a living. Man, my heart sank-I have thought about that most of my life since the arthritis started early for me.

Then, He took my martin and proceeded to play some Chet Atkins and some really nice jazz, licks , no chords. He was really good. He said 5 minute was his limit-man, I felt so bad for him (a little for me in the future) and here it is...........................

Frank,
Very sorry to hear this. I hope you get some relief from the arthritis. You probably get tired of hearing this but you've never heard it from me..... Thank you for your service!

I wish you the best.

I know how therapeutic just playing a guitar can be so I'm very sad to hear your story. Thankfully you'll still be able to listen to music, and all that brings.

what type of arthritis? do you have calcium deposits or just a ton of inflammation?

I had to quit playing for about 6 years due to inflammatory arthritis, been able to get back into it again gladly. So maybe all is not lost yet for you (which I truly hope is the case).

That is really terrible news, Frank. Hopefully this is just an end to guitar for you and not making music in general.

And yea, do stop by from time to time!

what type of arthritis? do you have calcium deposits or just a ton of inflammation?

I had to quit playing for about 6 years due to inflammatory arthritis, been able to get back into it again gladly. So maybe all is not lost yet for you (which I truly hope is the case).

It's called Psoriatic arthritis (from Psoriasis) Same as rheumatoid - joint damage and inflammation-mainly middle finger joints and end finger joints, no knuckles.

Thanks for the nice words

It's called Psoriatic arthritis (from Psoriasis) Same as rheumatoid - joint damage and inflammation-mainly middle finger joints and end finger joints, no knuckles.

Thanks for the nice words

Meds arn't helping? Phil Mickelson says Enbrel helps for Psoriatic Arthritis. Wicked expensive if you don't have insurance.

It helps me too.

Sorry you reached the point where you have to give up playing. I'm sure my day is coming....

Fighting that same battle myself, but can still get round the fret board most of the time. Hang in there Frank, play as much as you can and enjoy it.

Slide - actually I used to so maybe- I can play, but have to stop after about 15 minutes tops, wait about 5-10 minutes and so on.
That's it! 15 minutes Tedeschi, 10 minutes Trucks! Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Sincerely, though, hang in for what's enjoyable to you, and keep hanging out here when you have time. You can be an honorary Axe user once yours sells :)

Stratman - my heart totally goes out to you…
I really hope your condition don't manage to stop you playing completely..

no matter what though… you don't have to totally give up being a creative musician just because your body tries to stop you..
there's great music software out there…
so there's nothing stopping you from continuing with writing and creating great music..
joy from music takes many forms.. playing / performing is just one of them..
make great works of music with your mind.. program it.. continue to be creative..

all the best to you matey..

Meds arn't helping? Phil Mickelson says Enbrel helps for Psoriatic Arthritis. Wicked expensive if you don't have insurance.

It helps me too.

Sorry you reached the point where you have to give up playing. I'm sure my day is coming....

I do use Enbrel-but I have "other" issues so I cannot take the full dose. Yes it does help-............but not enough at low doses.

You know, I have been reading every reply and I sincerely hope I have not bummed anyone out by mentioning the "arthritis" as I have. I mean making some think about it in a more negative light than they did before.

I see replies where others have it also..........

Please remember- I played full out for 30 years "with" arthritis , plus I have other issues, so I bet you guys have plenty of time and plenty of playing to do.............. I know it.

I'll take my 15 minutes on and 10 off at this stage :)

You people are great! Plain and simple................

Big respect to you fella, that's truly aweful mate. Good luck but never say die! Not taking the mick but Iommi cut his fingers and found a way, is it not possible to start relearning with the other hand? If it's wear and tear then surely the other hand would be easier, but just a shot in the dark mate.

Peace, Frank. Sometimes life hits you with a gut punch. Your path gets blocked. Grieve for a while—I'll lift one with you. But remember that life is a mighty big forest, full of places we ain't been yet. And there's more than one path through the forest.

now its time to allow the ears to enjoy the ear candy of others. Rock and roll lives forever!

Back
Top Bottom