Just a farewell thanks to Fractal and all the forum users

First you sell yer stuff yer gonna miss it later. Yea it may take a year but you'll want it then and it'll be gone. Second point is that we all go through some form of "I can't play that like I used to" ... We all get older and slower, it's just a fact of living longer than mountain goats do. So I know it hurts you to play some and that sux for real. But, it's there for the good days, even if they aren't as many as they used to be. Just food for thought. I'll shut up now and wish the best for you no matter the outcome :encouragement:

Last edited:
First you sell yer stuff yer gonna miss it later. Yea it may take a year but you'll want it then and it'll be gone. Second point is that we all go through some form of "I can't play that like I used to" ... We all get older and slower, it's just a fact of living longer than mountain goats do. So I know it hurts you to play some and that sux for real. But, it's there for the good days, even if they aren't as many as they used to be. Just food for thought. I'll shut up now and wish the best for you no matter the outcome :encouragement:

Thanks, I will never regret it.........because I can by another tomorrow if I wanted-This was not a quick decision believe me-Been an axe owner since April 2009-like you pretty much

Thanks for the wishes-appreciated :)

I am sorry to hear of your battle with arthritis. Someone I knew long ago went through a similar trial with severe RA. Eventually he got into this crazy health food kick and saw dramatic improvement, even to the point where he could play again. Unfortunately I don't know what his diet and supplements were and may never know as we lost touch over the years and moves. All I can recommend is that pineapple is anti-inflammatory, and corn is WAY bad for inflammatory response. Hopefully you may recover enough to pursue guitar some more. All the best...

Hi Man... stay in touch with us!!!
Don't sell your gear... read the technical post... tweack your Axe... follow the upgrades...
and then... let an open G chord smash the walls in your room... lay down the guitar on your legs and put on some bottleneck ... and let your blues flowing from your soul!
So Bro...YOU WIN not your arthritis!!!

All the best my friend!!!

Brother Stratman68, all the best to you man.

PS - Google search "Regenokine", and keep an eye on this technology. It may be a life saver for you.

That's such sad news Frank, I feel for you and wish you all the best. I was diagnosed with the same condition a couple of years ago so I know I will be in a similar position at some point and I'm dreading it.

Stay!
You don't have to own the axe fx to contribute :)
Pauly

well, arthritis has finally won the battle and I can no longer play seriously. Can still doodle, but ..................not the same. So I have my XL and LF+jr+ up for sale.

I remember not long ago the post about "Don't take it for granted". well, how true that is.

I've has arthritis for along time but now it's just too painful to play for any length of time and I cannot stretch worth a damn.

I wanted to say thanks to Fractal, Cliff, and Matt for all their help since April 2009 and my Ultra.....so long ago.

But also to the great folks I have met over he years here on the forum. I know I can be a grumpy old man sometimes but nothing but kindness lives in my heart.

so the old Pathfinder Viet Nam Vet, former Sgt Frank L. says thanks so much.........................It's been an honor and a blast!

sincerely,

Frank L

One of the best things you can do to improve joints and muscle pain is stop eating grains especially wheat and bread in particular. I started this several years ago and the improvement has been dramatic, in fact I now eat according to the Paleo Diet.

well, arthritis has finally won the battle and I can no longer play seriously. Can still doodle, but ..................not the same. So I have my XL and LF+jr+ up for sale.

I remember not long ago the post about "Don't take it for granted". well, how true that is.

I've has arthritis for along time but now it's just too painful to play for any length of time and I cannot stretch worth a damn.

I wanted to say thanks to Fractal, Cliff, and Matt for all their help since April 2009 and my Ultra.....so long ago.

But also to the great folks I have met over he years here on the forum. I know I can be a grumpy old man sometimes but nothing but kindness lives in my heart.

so the old Pathfinder Viet Nam Vet, former Sgt Frank L. says thanks so much.........................It's been an honor and a blast!

sincerely,

Frank L

You might want to try changing diet - two kale smoothie per day, no oil of any kind.
Or go one step further and end chronic diseases entirely...
Here's a link to Dr. McDougall's starch based diet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVf36nwraw
The McDougall diet worked REAL well for me, and continues to work wonders.

Less than a year ago, i couldn't even lift my guitar for the pain. Playing a chord was very painful, and bending a note even slightly, or vibrato was simply impossible for the pain. Then i discovered the McDougall starch based diet (video link aboVE) and the pain started going away. Then i started having one or two kale smoothies per day and BAM, in just a few days i was pain free. I hope Stratman68 tries it. The whole diet is explained in a number of Dr. McDougall's U tube videos.
Start in with the kale / banana smoothie (lots of kale, like almost half a 'bundle' per smoothie), every day or even twice a day, and watch 'the starch Based diet' for more guidelines - it has literally worked wonders for me.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear of your troubles Stratman. I wish you all the best and hope you recover enough to dive back in the pool someday. Until then, may life bring you happiness and good fortune. And thank you for your service to the country.

Immune disorders can be helped.
Try googling eating to reduce inflammation.
U may have to do without steak instead.
It does help a lot.
B

Very sad to hear this. My grandfather suffered from it in his hands, my dad currently has it. Probably something for me to "look forward" too in a few years. As the suggestions above state, look into changing your eating habits - maybe that'll help so you can play beyond your current limit. Wishing you all the best and hope this isn't the end of your playing!! God bless!

Eat lots of coconut oil and fresh pineapple. They both have natural anti inflammatory properties in them. It is worth a shot, plus they are both really good for your body, and they are both natural.

Back
Top Bottom