Just a farewell thanks to Fractal and all the forum users

Stratman68

Axe-Master
well, arthritis has finally won the battle and I can no longer play seriously. Can still doodle, but ..................not the same. So I have my XL and LF+jr+ up for sale.

I remember not long ago the post about "Don't take it for granted". well, how true that is.

I've has arthritis for along time but now it's just too painful to play for any length of time and I cannot stretch worth a damn.

I wanted to say thanks to Fractal, Cliff, and Matt for all their help since April 2009 and my Ultra.....so long ago.

But also to the great folks I have met over he years here on the forum. I know I can be a grumpy old man sometimes but nothing but kindness lives in my heart.

so the old Pathfinder Viet Nam Vet, former Sgt Frank L. says thanks so much.........................It's been an honor and a blast!

sincerely,

Frank L

Good luck to you. If I ever develop arthritis, I'll enter the open tuning slide phase of my musical life. I'll always need that outlet to express myself.

good luck!!! enjoy what every hobby you decide to jump into!!!! Hell bat may have something there though I bet the axe would be a good steel guitar effects unit! any ways you can still visit!!!

Sucks to hear these news. Thanks for being a part of this community and I hope you don't have to give up music entirely.

Really sorry to hear that. Doesn't mean that you can't stop by here every once in a while and hang out though.

All the best and hopefully your symptoms improve. :encouragement:

I hope you find another outlet, or a way of enjoying guitar still Frank! Wishing you all the best and hope this is not a permanent farewell!!

Sorry to hear this. I can relate where I had nerve damage in my left arm pretty bad from an auto accident. Lost the feeling and motor skills/movement in half my arm and the doctors didn't know if it would heal. All I can say is, "never say, never". :encouragement:

Sorry to hear this man, hope you can still find a way enjoy music and guitar! Best wishes! And like others have said, drop by and hang out on the forum.

Really sorry to hear this Frank. Hope you pop in from time to time though. Learned a lot from you and , to be honest, you've got a lot more knowledge to share. :encouragement:

Sorry to hear that the pain has gotten to where you cannot enjoy playing anymore, having problems with my muscles myself I dread that the day might come for me as well. I always have to remind myself to play with a light touch and try to minimize the effort.

Maybe you could change style and play slide using open tunings as @hellbat suggested ? ?? We need more axe fx slide players :)

Hope everything works out for the best for you and your family..

Prayin for you brother! You're a good man. Chin up and be cheerful that you're blessed that you've been able to play. Like other responses , maybe open tuning for slide or singing. Anyways don't leave the forum. Stay in touch . You never know.....

Downer......

All the best to you and thanks for all your contributions.

Should you find a remedy that works, please let us know as many of us will no doubt experience the same.

Stratman!

I feel your pain! Paying guitar is awesome, but there are gillionz of other things that you can do and should!

I have had some difficulties in my playing for some time and I had to realize:

"We don't know how many notes left in our hands"

Life is too short to be dragged down. You still have tremendous amount of experience and knowledge that you can pass on to the younglings.

It' has been a pleasure having you in the Forum!

Don't forget us and come back sometimes!

Good Bye!

Levi

Sorry to hear that it just no choice left but to stop. At times I feel how I have lost strength and endurance in my hands and it affects my playing. I blame my former and current jobs computers and kitchen.

I did stop play the guitar and doing nothing music related for a period of twelve years. I had hit a brick wall. First it was a nightmare what to do with my life but eventually I did find meaning in other things.

Hope you have good times with whatever you do.

Back
Top Bottom