Just a farewell thanks to Fractal and all the forum users

About 2yr ago I injured my back pretty badly. At the time my main amp was a 70lb diezel, 412, monstrosity of a rack & pedal board... I made a rash decision too. I thought, "there's no chance in hell I'm ever dragging this stuff around again."
I guess I was right since I ended up here. Funny how those things go sometimes.
I don't really know what all you're into, but if you're thinking mesa, let me suggest the Lonestar classic (6l6 100W version). By far the best mesa I've ever played.

100w is way, way overkill for me. the express 5/15/25.small but nice and perfect size and output for me. Fits my wallet perfectly also. I don't play in ands anymore, except to jam now and then. Plus with this 15 minutes on/5-8 minutes off, not sure how much jamming I'll be done. But I can still record (slow :) ) and that is mainly where I am at--- recording my own stuff for family and friends.

Boring true story: In the early 80's I saw a band in a club in florida. The guitar player was great. I could not believe the sustain he was getting at the low volume they were playing at (relatively speaking) They were playing "walk this way" and when he hit the solo's---wowhe was great but the sound was liquid heaven I figured all types of boxes and pedals.

So I went up and introduced myself and asked the guy. He pointed down and said it's all that, no pedals, no FX except the amps reverb, Don't remember which Boogie it was except that it was a combo

FRom that day forward I have always wanted one.

Back
Top Bottom