Wish IR Player

A good use case for the IR Player would be headphone/studio/room/speaker correction IRs, correct?

Really any kind of correction IR.

A good use case for the IR Player would be headphone/studio/room/speaker correction IRs, correct?

Really any kind of correction IR.
Room correction is indeed a good use case for IR player. Even better would be a global room correction IR player.

Room correction is indeed a good use case for IR player. Even better would be a global room correction IR player.
I agree that the IR is better, but if it’s going to really help doesn’t that require a specific IR for that specific room and the speakers? I thought room acoustics should be considered when trying to flatten the overall EQ, because flattening the speakers is only half the job.

I guess it depends on whether the room and speakers are being used for mastering and serious engineering/listening or general “messing with the modeler” stuff, and how much someone is willing to invest in time or money. To correct the room I’m in would cost a whole lot more than I’m willing to spend.

I agree that the IR is better, but if it’s going to really help doesn’t that require a specific IR for that specific room and the speakers? I thought room acoustics should be considered when trying to flatten the overall EQ, because flattening the speakers is only half the job.

I guess it depends on whether the room and speakers are being used for mastering and serious engineering/listening or general “messing with the modeler” stuff, and how much someone is willing to invest in time or money. To correct the room I’m in would cost a whole lot more than I’m willing to spend.

Room correction is usually done with an IR. Apps like Sonarworks and ARC measure the room by shooting an IR with a reference mic, then constructing an FIR filter from that to use for the correction.

I could see the use case for room correction in a fairly static environment, but for the live player I'm not sure it makes much sense.

But for headphone correction, or FRFR correction, I'd think this would be very effective. Plus headphone correction IRs are pretty available via AutoEQ.

But for headphone correction, or FRFR correction, I'd think this would be very effective. Plus headphone correction IRs are pretty available via AutoEQ.
Agreed, though the IRs I tried for my various headphones seemed to have a negative impact, the sound was muffled, so I went back to using the GEQ/PEQ.

I could see the use case for room correction in a fairly static environment, but for the live player I'm not sure it makes much sense.

I've been messing with the IR's from AutoEQ and they are very impressive and has made a massive difference just to listening to music.

An IR Player would be great but also an option in the global EQ 1 to load an IR

Just adding my voice to this. I use this a lot on the Axe FX3 to switch between Piezo and Mag, using IRs of mic'ed acoustic guitars to sweeten the piezo. I miss this on the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom