Introduction thread

Howdy folks! Long time Line 6 user here, but recently converted over to the Axe-FX III mkII with FC-12. Only had time to go through some of the factory presets so far, but am blown away with the stock sounds in this thing. Found myself giggling like a little school girl when I came across the Blade Runner preset.
Welcome, @edgranholm !

The Blade Runner preset is a recent creation by @Admin M@ . He’s a master at painting with effects. The factory presets are full of his work.

Hello Forum!
My name is Joe and I just received my new FX3 and FC12 via UPS yesterday. There’s certainly a learning curve, but I’ve been lurking on this forum and watching videos the last few weeks

It seems there is a community on this forum that is second to none, and to see the enthusiaam that all of you, and Fractal has for this product is amazing.

I’m admitedly an Ibanez fanboy, and own a 91 RG570, an 98 RG7620 that I’ve had since new, and a 97 USA Jackson RR2. I aslo have a 21 RG 8527z on order that I should have “by May”.

I havent played live since the mid 2000s, but have recorded at home since the 90s, starting on a Fostex 4 track, and now running Ableton Live 10 pro with a Focusrite 18i8.

For the past probably ten years, all my guitar sounds came from a Pod 2.0 and a 3 channel Laney, which (I actually sounded pretty decent.

In the last 24 hours the FX3 has blown my mind. Everything sounds so much better, I’m in awe.

Thank you Fractal, and thank you to this Forum.

Now....I’m starting a three day weekend with the FX3 in place, no doubt it will be a great time.

Anyone have any suggestions for a FX3 noob?

Hello there!

I became the owner of an FM3 yesterday. So far, I'm very impressed. It's pretty intuitive; I've already made a preset from scratch with all 8 scenes active without the editor and without reading a single manual or watching a vid! Gotta be easy!

So here's an introduction. I'm from Manchester, UK, though I've been living in Copenhagen, Denmark since 2000. Since age 11 I've been messing about with guitars; my dad is a bluesman called Victor Brox, who was there at the birth of the British blues scene in the 60s. Music was bound to rub off. 33 years later, it has taken me through two recording contracts, countless gigs, many sessions and more. These days, I'm a sound designer and composer, working in post and broadcast. Gigs are for fun.

My first digital amp was a Kemper back in 2013. I've been through every iteration of it and currently have the Stage. I swapped my Power rack for a Helix when I got a toaster, but that lasted about a month. Wasn't my cup of tea. A few weeks back, I bought an HX Stomp, though. The software and interface has matured since when I had the full-fat Helix, so it's been a fun few weeks. I like it. I've always been curious about Fractal products, though living in Europe made the prices realistically out of reach for a now semi-pro tinkerer. Recent good fortune meant that I had a chunk of spare cash saved, and with the very reasonably priced FM3 more widely available, I thought I'd take the plunge. So far, I'm very happy that I did!

I'll be checking this forum for tips and tricks, so see y'all around.

Hello there!

I became the owner of an FM3 yesterday. So far, I'm very impressed. It's pretty intuitive; I've already made a preset from scratch with all 8 scenes active without the editor and without reading a single manual or watching a vid! Gotta be easy!

So here's an introduction. I'm from Manchester, UK, though I've been living in Copenhagen, Denmark since 2000. Since age 11 I've been messing about with guitars; my dad is a bluesman called Victor Brox, who was there at the birth of the British blues scene in the 60s. Music was bound to rub off. 33 years later, it has taken me through two recording contracts, countless gigs, many sessions and more. These days, I'm a sound designer and composer, working in post and broadcast. Gigs are for fun.

My first digital amp was a Kemper back in 2013. I've been through every iteration of it and currently have the Stage. I swapped my Power rack for a Helix when I got a toaster, but that lasted about a month. Wasn't my cup of tea. A few weeks back, I bought an HX Stomp, though. The software and interface has matured since when I had the full-fat Helix, so it's been a fun few weeks. I like it. I've always been curious about Fractal products, though living in Europe made the prices realistically out of reach for a now semi-pro tinkerer. Recent good fortune meant that I had a chunk of spare cash saved, and with the very reasonably priced FM3 more widely available, I thought I'd take the plunge. So far, I'm very happy that I did!

Welcome @sambrox! This forum is the best out there IMO!

Hello there!

Welcome to the club, @sambrox ! Wait until Cygnus comes to the FM3. Your happiness level will jump up about three notches. :)

Greetings to all you fellow Fractalites!

Took delivery of my new Axe-Fx III Mk. II last Thursday, and could not be happier with my purchase! It's not only everything I was expecting, but also so much more! Special thanks to G66 for those tasty, tasty chocolates as well!

As a well-matured bedroom player (recently promoted to living room status!) it is just absolutely amazing for me to have all these superb sounds at my fingertips, and to never be more than just one switch-flick away from playing with whatever amp, cab, or setup I happen to be in the mood for. To be completely honest, I've played most of my 15+ years with some objectively horrible gear, having had that "one day I'll get meself that thing" -mentality when it comes to gear, thinking that I can well manage with what I already have.

In all that time though, I never paused for a second to consider what a huge difference it makes for your own motivation as a player to have a great tone and a great sound. Turns out it makes all the difference. In all of the whole 5 days I've been a Fractal owner, my motivation to play, to compose, and to practice has gone through the roof! And that's why I love my Axe, great sounds and great presets straight out of the box, with basically limitless possibilites to tweak everything to make those tones even better in the future.

As for me, I've been playing for a good number of years (and as you may guess from my avatar there), am a huge fan of Ibanez guitars and specifically one former Ibby player resembling a guitar Jesus nowadays, I reside in Helsinki, and most of all am absolutely looking forward to reading this forum and starting my journey towards mastering my Axe-Fx.

Last edited:
Greetings to all you fellow Fractalites!

Took delivery of my new Axe-Fx III Mk. II last Thursday, and could not be happier with my purchase! It's not only everything I was expecting, but also so much more! Special thanks to G66 for those tasty, tasty chocolates as well!

As a well-matured bedroom player (recently promoted to living room status!) it is just absolutely amazing for me to have all these superb sounds at my fingertips, and to never be more than just one switch-flick away from playing with whatever amp, cab, or setup I happen to be in the mood for. To be completely honest, I've played most of my 15+ years with some objectively horrible gear, having had that "one day I'll get meself that thing" -mentality when it comes to gear, thinking that I can well manage with what I already have.

In all that time though, I never paused for a second to consider what a huge difference it makes for your own motivation as a player to have a great tone and a great sound. Turns out it makes all the difference. In all of the whole 5 days I've been a Fractal owner, my motivation to play, to compose, and to practice has gone through the roof! And that's why I love my Axe, great sounds and great presets straight out of the box, with basically limitless possibilites to tweak everything to make those tones even better in the future.

As for me, I've been playing for a good number of years (and as you may guess from my avatar there), am a huge fan of Ibanez guitars and specifically one former Ibby player resembling a guitar Jesus nowadays, I reside in Helsinki, and most of all am absolutely looking forward to reading this forum and starting my journey towards mastering my Axe-Fx.
Welcome, @Milgromsegal ! And you’re totally right about how the gear inspires your playing. I still feel that way 11 years later. :)

Hello brothers! New owner, new forum member. I jumped on a b-stock Axe-FX III Mk II a few days ago - it's in route, tracking shows it will be in my hands this saturday, CAN'T WAIT!! Naturally I first did some searching around as a guest and saw plenty of folks having no complaints about their b-stock units so I figured it was a safe purchase.

FWIW, I'm a long time tube amp snob and currently own some iconic amps...but after extensive listening, reading and A/B-ing I'm convinced, at least in a studio setting (which is personally all I care about) the AXE III will be able to add a TON more great tones to the few I already feel comfortable having at my disposal.

Thanks,
derek

Hello brothers! New owner, new forum member. I jumped on a b-stock Axe-FX III Mk II a few days ago - it's in route, tracking shows it will be in my hands this saturday, CAN'T WAIT!! Naturally I first did some searching around as a guest and saw plenty of folks having no complaints about their b-stock units so I figured it was a safe purchase.

FWIW, I'm a long time tube amp snob and currently own some iconic amps...but after extensive listening, reading and A/B-ing I'm convinced, at least in a studio setting (which is personally all I care about) the AXE III will be able to add a TON more great tones to the few I already feel comfortable having at my disposal.

Thanks,
derek
Welcome to the funhouse! @Kabala ! You’re in for a treat. :)

Welcome to the funhouse! @Kabala ! You’re in for a treat. :)
Thanks, that's great to hear. I can tell from the clips and word of mouth this thing delivers the goods. I'm a bit intimated because I hear it's deep and there's a steep learning curve (if you're the type that enjoys really digging in)...add to that I'm not a big tweaker lol, just like to turn some knobs to taste and go so I'm hoping I'll find some of the defaults close enough to my liking that I can use them as starting points and refine them. Sat can't get here quick enough haha!

Thanks, that's great to hear. I can tell from the clips and word of mouth this thing delivers the goods. I'm a bit intimated because I hear it's deep and there's a steep learning curve (if you're the type that enjoys really digging in)...add to that I'm not a big tweaker lol, just like to turn some knobs to taste and go so I'm hoping I'll find some of the defaults close enough to my liking that I can use them as starting points and refine them. Sat can't get here quick enough haha!
Don’t worry. It’s deep, but you don’t have to dive to get great results. There’s a learning curve, but you don’t have to follow it far to get great results.

I'll echo what Rex said. No need to dive deep if you don't care to. Most of my presets have only taken me a few minutes to get something I wanted. With so many amp (and effect) models at my fingertips, if I can't get the sound I'm after within a few minutes, I'll try another model.

I also started my Fractal journey with a B-stock deal on an Axe-Fx II Mark 2. I've got two IIs and one III at the moment, and will likely have another III before the end of the year. (Need to sell one or both of the IIs to keep the wife happy though, lol.)Welcome to the clubhouse!

Hey everyone –

I just received my new Axe-Fx III, headed to the forum, and realized I set up this account almost 11 years ago, and haven’t posted a single time. So…hi! It’s great to see all of the long-timers that I’ve learned so much from over the years are still here and very active.

My Fractal journey started with an Ultra, moved on to an Axe-Fx II (Mark I), and has now brought me to the current amazing box that is sitting in my studio. I have been a modeling fan for quite some time – I still have the ART SGX-2000 Express that I washed dishes and mowed lawns for back in the day and have gone through the inevitable Line 6 phase as well as the Johnson Millennium amps. Sometimes I just cant resist digging out the SGX-2000 because it’s just..so..greasy, but I have to say the Axe-FX III is the best, most versatile system I have ever used.

Music-wise, I did a brief stint at Berklee before realizing there was a less than optimal intersection of professional potential and personal finance but did finish my studies at a local music college. I have played in bands but right now I would characterize my playing as at-home/for fun. My favorite genre to play is probably prog/metal in the Fates Warning and Dream Theater vein, but I was fortunate enough to have some great World Music exposures during music school and love to mix that in here and there too.

Finally, I also build guitars every so often – my avatar picture is the first one I made a few years back. Sorry this ran so long – at least it wasn’t one paragraph for every year I’ve been lurking here. Look forward to interacting with and learning from the group!

Hey everyone –

I just received my new Axe-Fx III, headed to the forum, and realized I set up this account almost 11 years ago, and haven’t posted a single time. So…hi! It’s great to see all of the long-timers that I’ve learned so much from over the years are still here and very active.

My Fractal journey started with an Ultra, moved on to an Axe-Fx II (Mark I), and has now brought me to the current amazing box that is sitting in my studio. I have been a modeling fan for quite some time – I still have the ART SGX-2000 Express that I washed dishes and mowed lawns for back in the day and have gone through the inevitable Line 6 phase as well as the Johnson Millennium amps. Sometimes I just cant resist digging out the SGX-2000 because it’s just..so..greasy, but I have to say the Axe-FX III is the best, most versatile system I have ever used.

Music-wise, I did a brief stint at Berklee before realizing there was a less than optimal intersection of professional potential and personal finance but did finish my studies at a local music college. I have played in bands but right now I would characterize my playing as at-home/for fun. My favorite genre to play is probably prog/metal in the Fates Warning and Dream Theater vein, but I was fortunate enough to have some great World Music exposures during music school and love to mix that in here and there too.

Finally, I also build guitars every so often – my avatar picture is the first one I made a few years back. Sorry this ran so long – at least it wasn’t one paragraph for every year I’ve been lurking here. Look forward to interacting with and learning from the group!
I'd say, "Welcome," but hell, you've been here longer than I have. :)

So, welcome!

Back
Top Bottom